Cqb Helment

Status
Not open for further replies.
masterchief101 said:
so this is as far as i've got in a week i have just start a hd mkvi chest and the hd forearm

It all looks pretty good to me. Just keep up the good work. I plan on doing a CQB after I get the rest of my MKVI armor done.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i might try vacuum forming the visor and for the out side im going to use truck bed liner and ad the details in with body filler

masterchief101 said:
im going to use truck bed liner

From my experience, this does not work at all. Not only does it not work, if you try to sand it off, the liner clogs up sandpaper and makes it useless in minutes. My advice would be to either cast from pep, or 'glass it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great so far. I'm working on a CQB now too. Not quite as far along as you. I don't hold out much hope for window tint on this though. It's a compound curve and tints don't like that. I tried tinting a visor I made from plexiglass for my rogue helm. It's nowhere near as compound a curve as the cqb and I still had problems. I abandoned the tint, and sprayed candy pigment in automotive clearcoat wtih mediocre results.
I'll try and post a pic later so you see what I mean.

Spray on tint works beautifully, but it comes in a very limited selection of colors. If you have an airbrush, there is a great tutorial on how to get that reflective gold effect HERE. Your work looks good. Best of luck with the rest.

thanks thats what i needed i will begin vacuum forming at the begining of next week i was tring to make the cqb chest so its removeable and i can switch between chest pieces

Wow...
Thats a beautiful Cqb helm man!
I can't wait to see how this turns out when you resin and bondo that thing.
Nice job bro keep it up!

SpartanDobie

so heres a update for today i got to put some fiberglass jelly today before it rained here

pooper: i scaled it to 18.72508 thats with four inches added on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back