crackhead09's Body Filler & Spot Putty Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this vid.

I thought i was doing something wrong since the bondo was drying so fast on me.

but now i know its normal :)

Hey, Crackhead... Good tutorial. Just one thing that will help out to make the paint reflect pride in the bodywork... After you've sanded with 100, put about 2 good coats of filler primer (let it cure), wet sand it with 220 grit, then spray a coat of sealer primer and depending on the type, let it flash and go to town with your color coat. Base coat/clear coat will yield the best results. Should you decide to go that route, when applying the clear coat, put on about 5 coats to give you some room for buffing (use 2000 grit for that and polishing compound when buffing).

Single stage paint is durable. Should you go that route, consider Imron by DuPont. It's a hazardous paint, but once it's cured, it's just like spraying on a coat of resin (it is an epoxy based paint).

Hope this helps!

Looks like you're getting better with your tutorials.

Keep improving and helping those who need it.

P.S. Camera man did a mutch better job as well.

this was an extreamly helpful tutorial. is it possible for you to put them all together in one to have a super tutorial, or does it already exist and im blind?

This is a super helpful tutorial. I'm starting my armor soon and this is the step I was the least sure about how to do! Thanks so much.

This is a super helpful tutorial. I'm starting my armor soon and this is the step I was the least sure about how to do! Thanks so much.
While this is a helpful tutorial, please refrain from necroposting. This was posted in 2008, so commenting isn't really necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back