crackhead09's Pepakura Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
This is a video to help out with our new members

Tell me what you guys think. ive never done a tutorial before and i hope this helps with anyone having trouble

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I watched part of it. Here are my criticisms so far.

1. I think you might have meant 30 CENTIMETERS. 30mm seems kind of small. I'd have just said "A ruler or straight edge".
2. I'd have also said DF4L's full name.
3. Lighting could be better.
4. Maybe have everything set up in a well lit room on a table.
5. You might also list some of the other methods available. Like hot glue, super glue, elmers glue, or rubber cement, and the X-acto knife or pen and ruler methods. I personally freehand it with the X-acto knife. I also use elmers glue.

thanks for the constructive critsism well i could reupload the video with the brightness turned up a little if that would help

and the reason why i said 30mm is because thats what it says on my ruler and for some reason its space apart like centimeters. so im a little confused with the metric system

and i change the first post so the vid plays on first post

and yea i see what you guys mean about speeding it up oh and is the music a good idea or a no no?

crackhead09 said:
is the music a good idea or a no no?

In my opinion, I think it's fine. The only problem with it is that the music randomly changes volume levels. By the way, love that song, haven't heard it in ages...

awsome vid and helm! I gotta use DF4L helm like u did and its real smooth(i have it somewhere in my files) . I never thought of using elmers since i use Krazy glue since im impatient and want a quick bond along glueing my fingers together ^.^

Also um u use the sharp end of the X-Acto knife to score but light slide the line right? Because i just use my fingers with no knife since i do origami a bit and the lines for me makes it easier for me to fold.

i saw a kitty!

with an xacto knife you should lightly slice the paper so it bends in one direction and it looks cleaner too

crackhead09 said:
with an xacto knife you should lightly slice the paper so it bends in one direction and it looks cleaner too

oh okedokey TY ill use that from now on

I myself prefer to use pens but I hear exacto gets real good folds too. Oh and alittle cutting tip. When cutting with scissors, cut in straight lines. Like if your cutting out a tab part make 3 cuts and not one continuous one. It can make folding alot easier and you wont round off any parts.

i did this kind of thing in the noob forum. check it out, it cleans up on parts that you missed.

but, a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth...well....32 pictures per second :p

like everyone said, the lighting sucks, and hot glue is preferred.

check my sig for the link.

otherwise, nice job!

TwitchFMX8811 said:
I myself prefer to use pens but I hear exacto gets real good folds too. Oh and alittle cutting tip. When cutting with scissors, cut in straight lines. Like if your cutting out a tab part make 3 cuts and not one continuous one. It can make folding alot easier and you wont round off any parts.
I used pens until I tryed the xacto knife method. Trust me, it saves a ridiculous amount of time.

LukeTrocity said:
I used pens until I tryed the xacto knife method. Trust me, it saves a ridiculous amount of time.

Yea thinking about it now... I tried the xacto on one piece and it seemed to take about the same amount of time. The pens may even be faster for me considering Im paranoid about cutting something off to I went slower. But its just my preferred method and its working for me. Guess as long in the end its halo armor doesnt matter how you got there. :p

but with pens you dont have to worry about killing the knife blade, its just for cutting.

use 1 color to save time too, its what i do :D

the pen idea i tried out before but i didnt like how it just help bend the peper instead of a sharp edge its jsut preference's i guess

I use a seam ripper to score my folds. you don't have to flip the piece over and it won't cut through the sheet unless you get completely crazy. Not sure but I think I saw that tip on another site. Has worked great for me. Just bend in the correct direction after you score it. A seam ripper is about $1 at Walmart.

Ohhh use a strait edge and cut out the sepret parts with the sisors I just do it all with an x-zacto blade :D
Great tutorial!

crackhead09 said:
thanks for the constructive critsism well i could reupload the video with the brightness turned up a little if that would help

and the reason why i said 30mm is because thats what it says on my ruler and for some reason its space apart like centimeters. so im a little confused with the metric system

and i change the first post so the vid plays on first post

and yea i see what you guys mean about speeding it up oh and is the music a good idea or a no no?
Lol.... it's 30Centimeters... 30mm is 3 centimeters...
But ill give you a quick lesson on how the metric system works... it's not confusing really... inches are confusing...

MM=Milli-Meter
CM=Centi-meter
M=Meter
KM=Kilo-Meter

------------------------------ How it works...
10mm=1cm
100cm=1m
1000m=1km

So as you can see it always multiplies by 10...

it's very simple.

--------------------------------------------------------
As for inches i think it's very confusing... o_O

1 foot = 12 inches
1mile = 5280 feet

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: Your using FISKARS scissors? :)

Yes, metric system rules.. Why is the US stuck on this crappy outdated standard system I don't know. :D

Anyway, I don't need anything to fold paper. For tabs, I just bend them over the edge of my ruler. A thumb press is all it takes. Fold is done!

CPU64 said:
Yes, metric system rules.. Why is the US stuck on this crappy outdated standard system I don't know. :D

because (and its like bush said) Childrens do learn, from the things on the internets, and our crappy schools dont teach metric system.

man, our country sucks big *la-dee-dah* :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back