Crackhead's 1 month Female MK VI rush for D*Con! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
As you guys know, Dragon Con is coming right up and I have a friend who needs a suit done. Now I haven't made anything since the last time I have posted something here which must be like 2 years ago and the last suit I made was in 09...

Anyways she has asked me to make one for her and she plans to go as Agent Texas of Red vs. Blue.

Now I have already gotten a start on it, currently the helmet is about as done as I need it to be. The torso is on its way to being done as well, so my next few things is the rest of it. Its all being made in ONYX plastic instead of fiberglass. Why? Because I'm really lazy and I dont wanna worry about air bubbles and I'm lazy :p.

I have a question for you guys too. She lives about 2+ hours away so i cant go to her for a test fitting and I don't know anyone else who is 5'9" with a similar build to use for comparison. I do have measurements, but I also have no idea how to use them so woe is me. Right now I would like to the groin piece next, since that can be a fitting issue too and just work my way down with the arm pieces being last. I figure I should be more concerned about mobility right now too.

Anyway, time for some pics!

BkHzKyR.jpg

The beginning and also the first time I have ever used plastic to harden a paper helmet.

W5l3fga.jpg

Some work has begun

N03U9Qr.jpg

GaAEdAA.jpg

feokaYT.jpg

NNm7giV.jpg

and here it is done.

JwZAdWN.jpg

DvqoOps.jpg

HCnaKUm.jpg

(I apologize in advance about the images being so big. I haven't used imgur so if there is a way to compress the photo for this that would be awesome)

I'm currently debating if I should weather it or not.

Oh and if you do know how to use someone's measurements let me and I shall post them here, because it will save a lot of gas and time.

Attachments

• BkHzKyR.jpg
    BkHzKyR.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 168
  • W5l3fga.jpg
    W5l3fga.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 167
  • N03U9Qr.jpg
    N03U9Qr.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 162
  • GaAEdAA.jpg
    GaAEdAA.jpg