Props Crapcakes! My Grunt Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloReplicas

ok, i'm off school today because i felt pretty sick, so after i woke up, i thought: well, let's have a little look at my grunt head sculpt... *walking towards the head sculpt* *removes the wet towel* OMGWTFBBQ!!

yes, 3 giant cracks have appeared in the head sculpt.

so tell me folks, how can i fix this. sorry, i have no camera atm.

so i drew it out.

gruntheadwrecked1.jpg

gruntheadwrecked2.jpg

you really should have posted this in your wip thread

is it oil based clay?

and as for a wet towel i would recommend using cling wrap but before you wrap it maybe a thin spray of water

GiR3892 said:
you really should have posted this in your wip thread

is it oil based clay?

and as for a wet towel i would recommend using cling wrap but before you wrap it maybe a thin spray of water

sorry, what is cling wrap? and, no its river clay

Last edited by a moderator:
HaloReplicas said:

forgive me for being australian but its the thin plastic stuff to wrap food in?

hopefully you get what i mean , and also if it where OIL based clay if im correct i dont think it will crack due to techincally never drying just keep it covered over though when you are not working on it

HaloReplicas said:

nevermind, i know what clingwrap is now, but, if i used that, all detail would be pressed out

yeh but you might have to do a complete new one but make sure its oil based clay so when its molded it doesn't interfere in the curing process

Looks like a good sculpt, what I would recommend is either try to seal the cracks with a little bit of clay in the cracks, or you may have to start over with red (oil based) clay.

good start! when do you expect this to be finished? I WANNA SEE!

Also, are you planning on the mask too?

It's clay, man. If there's a crack, smudge it closed!

If you're using water based clay (why?) just fill the cracks in with some more.

HaloReplicas said:
nevermind, i know what clingwrap is now, but, if i used that, all detail would be pressed out

Just lightly wrap the sculpt, no need to press. Or you could put your sculpt in a garbage bag, and rubberband the bag closed. The goal is to keep the moisture that is evaporated off the clay in an enclosed space, so it can be re-absorbed by the clay. (Imagine a glue bottle; the glue will never dry unless you leave the cap off.)

Get some really wet clay and fill the gaps. and make sure to wet it every so often, light sponging helps. and put a bag over it to trap moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back