Creating my own Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel332

Hello!

I am currently in the process of planning my first spartan cosplay suit and I was wondering if it was acceptable to mix and match armour pieces from different suits aka for example a scout helmet soldier chest piece etc.

Greetings!

Hello!

I am currently in the process of planning my first spartan cosplay suit and I was wondering if it was acceptable to mix and match armour pieces from different suits aka for example a scout helmet soldier chest piece etc.

Greetings!
Our motto here is "Build your character" that means you're allowed to build whatever you want. It doesn't even need to be Halo related! So yes, you most absolutely can!
That said, in order to qualify for a Tier 3 deployment, all the armor aspects must be reproducible in the game/ have in game references. Considering deployment is an entirely optional process, and there being no real benefit to one tier over another, I don't think there's any reason that should hold you back. Besides, hitting T3 on a first suit is hard to pull off (Excelur8 intensifies).

Our motto here is "Build your character" that means you're allowed to build whatever you want. It doesn't even need to be Halo related! So yes, you most absolutely can!
That said, in order to qualify for a Tier 3 deployment, all the armor aspects must be reproducible in the game/ have in game references. Considering deployment is an entirely optional process, and there being no real benefit to one tier over another, I don't think there's any reason that should hold you back. Besides, hitting T3 on a first suit is hard to pull off (Excelur8 intensifies).
Alright thanks! So I am safe with me planning to basically do a Mark VI suit with a scout helmet? Because that's currently the plan.

Alright thanks! So I am safe with me planning to basically do a Mark VI suit with a scout helmet? Because that's currently the plan.
Yeah, no one here will tell you not to. The whole point of the 405th is to connect Halo cosplayers to help each other out, organize events, and share our creations :)

Your appearance, paint, backstory, and everything.else is all up to you. People have made their own suits that are inspired but not technically in the halo universe. There have been ODSTs painted to look like venom. There have been captain America and hello kitty Spartans. Everything is up to you. Whatever makes you hally will make others happy too. There are no guidelines except your imagination. Deployment isnt necessary either. It is just a pat on the back type of thing where staff compares your suit to the real thing(ingame or movie, etc.) And rates it on a 1 to 3 scale. All it really does is tells you how you can improve or how well you did.

I made a Reach vanilla SPARTAN suit and was about to deploy it, but then I decided it needed more story and a new paint job and details. Writing out who my Spartan is was really helpful to me, and gave me a lot of ideas to improve the actual suit.

You can check the thread out here:

I encourage you, and everyone else who's up to it, to check it out and write your own character's story.

For my first Deployment (ODST) in 2016 it was kind of an odd time so we don't really talk about that.

My second one in 2018 (SPARTAN-III) was kind of like a one day deal after submitting photos. Having a build log that covers everything in great detail helps immensely since there's going to be close up images of your foam work, sewing and electronics as well as scaling and how it fits you which are the main key factors for determining Deployment Tier.

Since then I think we've introduced a new Division Membership Officer who is starting to get the hang of things and is streamlining the process even more. Plus there's cool certificates which is new! Maybe I'll get one when I toss up my Daisy-023 or Army Trooper for Deployment!

For my first Deployment (ODST) in 2016 it was kind of an odd time so we don't really talk about that.

My second one in 2018 (SPARTAN-III) was kind of like a one day deal after submitting photos. Having a build log that covers everything in great detail helps immensely since there's going to be close up images of your foam work, sewing and electronics as well as scaling and how it fits you which are the main key factors for determining Deployment Tier.

Since then I think we've introduced a new Division Membership Officer who is starting to get the hang of things and is streamlining the process even more. Plus there's cool certificates which is new! Maybe I'll get one when I toss up my Daisy-023 or Army Trooper for Deployment!
I asked this in another thread but perhaps you can give some advice. Where is the best place to mount fans and route electronics? Perhaps you could post an image showing that off? And would the same technique be universal for all helmets?

50!

I asked this in another thread but perhaps you can give some advice. Where is the best place to mount fans and route electronics? Perhaps you could post an image showing that off? And would the same technique be universal for all helmets?
That entirely depends on the padding and the bucket. For my ODST lid I had one removable (magnets) fan mounted above the visor venting down with a cable running wherever since I was dumb back then. My CQB helmet has two fans, one at the chin, one above the visor that has a cable run across the top of the helmet and along the neck which meets at the back of the neck joining into one inline connector to plug into the rest of the suits power. Daisy's new helmet doesn't have fans yet but they will be mounted in the cheeks since the helmet is very limited for space. My Reach Army Trooper has two ducted fans sitting inside the side panels along the cheeks to create airflow along my neck since it's not fully enclosed, this helmet also has a cable run that meets at the back (is mounted in the upper ring of the helmet) and then one main line to a USB power bank feeds down at the back of my neck to a meter long cord that runs through my jacket.

There could be a universal solution but I sure as heck haven't found it yet. I like having everything run off of 5V USB power banks so my solution is likely different than a lot of other folks who live by 9V batteries or 12V power bricks.

Congratulations on hitting 50 posts but remember that the 50 need to be constructive as well. Asking questions is great but having hundreds of one sentence posts might hold you back from joining a Regiment if your CO is a stickler for the rules!

That entirely depends on the padding and the bucket. For my ODST lid I had one removable (magnets) fan mounted above the visor venting down with a cable running wherever since I was dumb back then. My CQB helmet has two fans, one at the chin, one above the visor that has a cable run across the top of the helmet and along the neck which meets at the back of the neck joining into one inline connector to plug into the rest of the suits power. Daisy's new helmet doesn't have fans yet but they will be mounted in the cheeks since the helmet is very limited for space. My Reach Army Trooper has two ducted fans sitting inside the side panels along the cheeks to create airflow along my neck since it's not fully enclosed, this helmet also has a cable run that meets at the back (is mounted in the upper ring of the helmet) and then one main line to a USB power bank feeds down at the back of my neck to a meter long cord that runs through my jacket.

There could be a universal solution but I sure as heck haven't found it yet. I like having everything run off of 5V USB power banks so my solution is likely different than a lot of other folks who live by 9V batteries or 12V power bricks.

Congratulations on hitting 50 posts but remember that the 50 need to be constructive as well. Asking questions is great but having hundreds of one sentence posts might hold you back from joining a Regiment if your CO is a stickler for the rules!
Most of them have been constructive. Some humorous. None have been "47" "48" ect. And by the time I hit 90 days my post count will likely be close to 200. In your opinion where would the best fan mount be for a recon helmet? Maybe cheeks as well? But if you know of a better one that will help my build

Most of them have been constructive. Some humorous. None have been "47" "48" ect. And by the time I hit 90 days my post count will likely be close to 200. In your opinion where would the best fan mount be for a recon helmet? Maybe cheeks as well? But if you know of a better one that will help my build
It all depends on how you build it. If your chin peice thing is hollow that would be a good place. I like it in the forehead of my recruit helm because it is the most spacious and also gives good flow down the front of my face

It all depends on how you build it. If your chin peice thing is hollow that would be a good place. I like it in the forehead of my recruit helm because it is the most spacious and also gives good flow down the front of my face
Ill get to the helmet and see what I have available space wise then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back