critique on my armor so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's coming along nicely! That's awesome that you're free-handing everything. Be sure to keep updating, can't wait to see more.

thank you! I'm really glad you like it! ill update more today when the shins are done!

Is there a reason you free-handed your armor? Is it your own variation/interpretation? There is a great amount of files for the Mark Vi (Halo 4 version) in the file archive if that helps. That is if you want to have armor like the Master Chiefs.

This is a really clean build so far. The fact that your free-handing all this is a true talent. It takes some keen eyes to do what your doing. Can't wait to see you progress and finish this absolutely amazing armor build.

yes and when you said mine is near movie quality i think yours is better in some ways. like you didnt have to use a motorcycle helmet under yours. i did.

Not too shabby for a first build! Feel free to peruse my build thread, and see how I layer up and bevel the foam to give the armor parts a more "full" look. The only critique I can really give is that a few of the pieces look a little thin/flat, so giving them a look with more volume will do wonders for your overall build!

Is there a reason you free-handed your armor? Is it your own variation/interpretation? There is a great amount of files for the Mark Vi (Halo 4 version) in the file archive if that helps. That is if you want to have armor like the Master Chiefs.

i just enjoy making things with my own styles and design. I'm making my own spartan but its a variant of chiefs armor.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a really clean build so far. The fact that your free-handing all this is a true talent. It takes some keen eyes to do what your doing. Can't wait to see you progress and finish this absolutely amazing armor build.

thank you! I'm just a little self conscious cuz all these people have this amazing armor and mine isn't anything to compare

mines fiberglass i made a mold off of the chief helmet my friend bought

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Not too shabby for a first build! Feel free to peruse my build thread, and see how I layer up and bevel the foam to give the armor parts a more "full" look. The only critique I can really give is that a few of the pieces look a little thin/flat, so giving them a look with more volume will do wonders for your overall build!

thank you! should i remake my shoulders?

what kind/ thickness of eva foam should i use for details and textures?

i just enjoy making things with my own styles and design. I'm making my own spartan but its a variant of chiefs armor.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you! I'm just a little self conscious cuz all these people have this amazing armor and mine isn't anything to compare

Your Armor describes who you are. Some people have more time and money that they can put into their armor. Whether you spent $50 or $500 your armor is yours and it distinguishes you from everyone else. Don't worry, just be yourself. Be that different person in life and even here on this amazing forum. These people here on this forum are some of the most critical but supportive people for what we are doing. Enjoy doing what you want to do.

I'm just a little self conscious cuz all these people have this amazing armor and mine isn't anything to compare
It's cool that you want to make your own variation of armor. It's your armor and it defines who you are, just like underdog said. We all start somewhere and if you continue working on armor and such, your skills will increase. Patience and practice will help out as you continue your armor making journey. Not very many can say that they made their ultimate looking armor their first time. I certainly wouldn't put yourself down when comparing other builds to yours. Remember, we all start somewhere.

Keep working on improving your skills and you'll do just fine! Find a couple of build threads that you are interested in and follow them. Learn from others and show us what we can learn from you. That's the awesomeness of the 405th!

Time for me to pitch in and try to work into this wonderful community.

My biggest problem starting off was trying to do everything on my own. Your own interpretation is a great thing, so I'm not critiquing your creative mind (believe me, I have none; I couldn't do this without templates and pepakura). Just make sure you know where your gonna end up and how your gonna get there. This site has a TON of information. Its amazing what you can find. My personal and very noobie recommendation is to find a cool build tutorial and try to implement as many things from it as you can. Your personal flair will come and be more pronounced once you master all the skills required. Go ahead and free your mind, but make sure it has a solid place to land! with what I've seen so far, your gonna get super great if you stick with it and get more experience. keep up the awesome work!

IMthewalker

thanks so much guys! i really appreciate your support! you guys are right if i think its cool then its cool! i need to learn to be more confident

- - - Updated - - -

It's cool that you want to make your own variation of armor. It's your armor and it defines who you are, just like underdog said. We all start somewhere and if you continue working on armor and such, your skills will increase. Patience and practice will help out as you continue your armor making journey. Not very many can say that they made their ultimate looking armor their first time. I certainly wouldn't put yourself down when comparing other builds to yours. Remember, we all start somewhere.

Keep working on improving your skills and you'll do just fine! Find a couple of build threads that you are interested in and follow them. Learn from others and show us what we can learn from you. That's the awesomeness of the 405th!

Your Armor describes who you are. Some people have more time and money that they can put into their armor. Whether you spent $50 or $500 your armor is yours and it distinguishes you from everyone else. Don't worry, just be yourself. Be that different person in life and even here on this amazing forum. These people here on this forum are some of the most critical but supportive people for what we are doing. Enjoy doing what you want to do.

Time for me to pitch in and try to work into this wonderful community.

My biggest problem starting off was trying to do everything on my own. Your own interpretation is a great thing, so I'm not critiquing your creative mind (believe me, I have none; I couldn't do this without templates and pepakura). Just make sure you know where your gonna end up and how your gonna get there. This site has a TON of information. Its amazing what you can find. My personal and very noobie recommendation is to find a cool build tutorial and try to implement as many things from it as you can. Your personal flair will come and be more pronounced once you master all the skills required. Go ahead and free your mind, but make sure it has a solid place to land! with what I've seen so far, your gonna get super great if you stick with it and get more experience. keep up the awesome work!

IMthewalker

read the comment above :)

any tips or tricks for detailing with craft foam?

Take your time, and use contact cement for thinner (2mm) Craft foam, or else hot glue will leave bumps and waves in it. Replace your blades often to get precise cuts.

where can i buy contact cement?

Home depot, Wal mart, any big hardware store. Google is your friend, man. Not to be that guy, but it's not all that tough to research these things with the aid of the Internet ;)

Photo on 10-4-15 at 5.35 PM.jpgPhoto on 10-4-15 at 5.37 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 10-4-15 at 5.38 PM.jpgPhoto on 10-4-15 at 5.42 PM.jpgPhoto on 10-4-15 at 5.42 PM #3.jpgPhoto on 10-4-15 at 5.42 PM #2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

guys I'm back! and i know i know you guys missed me! you know who I'm talking to! those three guys me, myself, and I *softly sobs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back