Crossover Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do it, so I approve lol. I have seen some My Little Pony/Halo cosplayers, a LoZ/Halo suit, a Metroid/Halo suit, and myself and one other have RWBY/halo suits. I say that if you like two things and want to smash them into one cosplay, then go for it :)

Well, I'm pretty sure you know what my current build, aka my armor, is...and it's def. a crossover!!! More Halo than anything, but still.... (If I can get it on by Sci-Fi Valley Con is a totally different story lol)

My daughter wants a HALO-kitty suit so mix and match as you see fit.......pun intended.

I don't see a problem with it, in fact I quite like it in a lot of cases, my own armour is a bit of a crossover too. I incorporated Commander Wolffe's helmet paint design from Star Wars into my ODST and I'm very fond of how that looks.

I don't see a problem with it, in fact I quite like it in a lot of cases, my own armour is a bit of a crossover too. I incorporated Commander Wolffe's helmet paint design from Star Wars into my ODST and I'm very fond of how that looks.

Sounds cool!! Mine is a crossover, all Halo armor but I have the arc reactor, repulsors, and color scheme of Iron Man's suit...some people are irritated about the crossover so I was just seeing what everyone else thinks!!! Did you get your armor deployed? I was thinking about not because of it being crossover.

I haven't been deployed yet due to the deployments have been postponed for quite a while. I think in my case it won't be a problem (at least I hope) since it's just a design crossover that in theory would be considered okay since Spartan III headhunters made major modifications and design changes (Emile is a great example) to their armour.

I haven't been deployed yet due to the deployments have been postponed for quite a while. I think in my case it won't be a problem (at least I hope) since it's just a design crossover that in theory would be considered okay since Spartan III headhunters made major modifications and design changes (Emile is a great example) to their armour.

Yeah, I forgot about the deployments being postponed, are they still?? I don't know what is deploy-able or not, my husband thinks mine will be ok, since it is Halo armor just with the reactor and repulsors... Idk. Good luck though!!! I don't see why it would be a problem for either of us, but who knows!!

Angela, FANGS, and I had discussed "Mash Up" costumes in regards to Deployment and we both feel that they should be Deployable if, and this is the big stickler, the base of the costume was a complete Halo Costume, and only additional cosmetic embellishments had been added to it. Meaning that all Armor components were present and intact, and only additions had been made to the costume, not removals, so if one were to remove all the extra gear, it would still be a complete set of Halo gear. This is because the goal of deployments is to be an optional process that celebrates accurate and faithful recreations of costumes from the Halo Universe, but we still wanted to allow some room to preserve the creative and individualistic nature of many of our members.

As for when Deployments will go live again, our new DIvision Membership Officer, Jack, Sierra 107, is in the final process of organizing and structuring the process to be as simple and painless as possible.

So what I'm hearing is....my suit can be deployment worthy.....maybe....I was kind of worried about this myself actually, and I've been told by vivalablake89 that Spartan costumes with ODST parts added to them aren't considered deployable? He says that because his Mark V suit was denied deployment status due to him having an ODST helmet, mine's the same in that sense so that's whats had me worried the most.

Angela, FANGS, and I had discussed "Mash Up" costumes in regards to Deployment and we both feel that they should be Deployable if, and this is the big stickler, the base of the costume was a complete Halo Costume, and only additional cosmetic embellishments had been added to it. Meaning that all Armor components were present and intact, and only additions had been made to the costume, not removals, so if one were to remove all the extra gear, it would still be a complete set of Halo gear. This is because the goal of deployments is to be an optional process that celebrates accurate and faithful recreations of costumes from the Halo Universe, but we still wanted to allow some room to preserve the creative and individualistic nature of many of our members.

As for when Deployments will go live again, our new DIvision Membership Officer, Jack, Sierra 107, is in the final process of organizing and structuring the process to be as simple and painless as possible.

Ok good to know!!! Mine is JFO armor with an arc reactor in the chest piece and repulsors in the palms...

So what I'm hearing is....my suit can be deployment worthy.....maybe....I was kind of worried about this myself actually, and I've been told by vivalablake89 that Spartan costumes with ODST parts added to them aren't considered deployable? He says that because his Mark V suit was denied deployment status due to him having an ODST helmet, mine's the same in that sense so that's whats had me worried the most.

Well, but Mark V was modular - it even literally HAD ODST armor parts you could equip, including the helmet. Depends on the details of course.

As it currently stands, the input from Sierra 107 and CommanderPalmer as the DMO and Deputy DMO, is that they would like to see Deployment limited to recreation of official, canonical sets of armor, that is, Armor sets and combinations that can be recreated in a game, or have been seen in any official published work, like an art book, comic, or book cover.

The reasoning being that the ultimate goal of the Deployment process is to be an optional process that celebrates, recognizes, and encourages faithful, accurate recreations of costumes from the Halo Universe.

Keep in mind that that Deployment is an optional Grading Process that is entirely separate from, and not at all required for Regimental Membership, and would only be a factor in the case of extremely rare events where specific costumes, characters, or levels of accuracy are desired by an Event Requester, like Microsoft or another promotional/corporate entity.

Additionally, as Mara mentioned, ODST components are options in Reach's customization, so, a Reach Mark V will be able to use any of the Reach style ODST multiplayer components no problem.

I was thinking exactly that when he told me about it, it's even listed in the Halo Wikipedia as a modular variant for the Mark V. But thanks for clearing that up for me, this inquiry has been bugged me quite a bit....like finger tips on the surface of my mind!!!! (Destiny joke.....sorry...)

This all still seems like a pain in the butt lol...I think I'm going to wait to deploy any armor until I build my second one which is just going to have a Steelers color scheme...

JFO helmet with the Ironman color scheme would look pretty darn cool regardless.
reach_25420971_Full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back