Current status of the "Believe" diorama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubachris85x

I know its an old topic, but Ive been wondering what ever happend to it all. It would be hard to believe that after all that work and craftsmanship was put into it, that they'd just dump and discard it after filming all of the trailer stuff. Just going through it again today, and think it would be an awsome thing to have for display for people to go to and view, because its somewhere the size of an apartment from what I remember.

Another thing I want to make a point of, is that I think that if for whatever reason, they made a movie, I would love to see it loosely based off of this in a way. Its like a 'darker' side you might say. Ive read the Alex Garland script and loved the opening, to show the fiercness of the battle. I just think you would get more out of it emotionally especially, and would feel more 'real' and much more then just a video game. Would give it substance, something that most movies that are based on other games lack *coughDOOMcough*

BTW-I was bored, and decided to make use of the halo figure's articulation and produced this. (its completly free standing, no tape/glue :) )

005-14.jpg

-tubachris

They might it on display somewhere, but I doubt it...

They might have disassembled it into many sections and given them to the people who made it, or maybe the Bungie staff.

Sometimes Weta workshop put on displays at our main national museum in Wellington but, the issue for that diorama is probably licensing, I remember reading weta had to jump through several legal hoops to display the lotr props. There probably wouldn't be enough interest here to display it but, I imagine they could probably display at least part of it at a con in america, It would be pretty expensive to ship and set up though.

NZ-TK said:
Sometimes Weta workshop put on displays at our main national museum in Wellington but, the issue for that diorama is probably licensing, I remember reading weta had to jump through several legal hoops to display the lotr props. There probably wouldn't be enough interest here to display it but, I imagine they could probably display at least part of it at a con in america, It would be pretty expensive to ship and set up though.

I found out the other day that it was Stan Winston Studios and New Deal studios that did the diorama, NDS did the filming and SWS did the actual diorama... that might make it more likely for it to show up at a US Con, would be pretty cool to see up close :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...well, I could see part of it being transported and put on display for cons/events. Would be even cooler if they had a museum type attraction that they did for the campaign. I could see it probably being displayed, or part of it at least at Bungie studios. Though, that museum idea would be pretty cool..

It was supposed to be broken up for an international tour, but the trail goes cold at that point. It looks as though interest died down enough that they may have reconsidered the tour.

I know that Winston Studios had a couple sections on display in their lobby for a period... I remember seeing that in a video... or maybe it was Weta... I'm not entirely sure.

Anyways, the current status is a big mystery. It'll probably end up like most of our treasures... locked in a temperature controlled storage facility where no one can see it for generations along with the Ark of the Covenant.

Side note: Redsleighdown snatched up the only piece ever to come out of the diorama for sale... he brought it with him when he visited me here over the winter... I have lots o' pictures of it, but we've been waiting til we could pool our resources to reveal it here at the forum.... call it a chance for a good tutorial unrealized... as so many go...

In time I think you'll end up seeing some of it, one way or another..

Sean Bradley said:
It was supposed to be broken up for an international tour, but the trail goes cold at that point. It looks as though interest died down enough that they may have reconsidered the tour.

I know that Winston Studios had a couple sections on display in their lobby for a period... I remember seeing that in a video... or maybe it was Weta... I'm not entirely sure.

Anyways, the current status is a big mystery. It'll probably end up like most of our treasures... locked in a temperature controlled storage facility where no one can see it for generations along with the Ark of the Covenant.

Side note: Redsleighdown snatched up the only piece ever to come out of the diorama for sale... he brought it with him when he visited me here over the winter... I have lots o' pictures of it, but we've been waiting til we could pool our resources to reveal it here at the forum.... call it a chance for a good tutorial unrealized... as so many go...

In time I think you'll end up seeing some of it, one way or another..

The piece that he had purchased..you make it sound that the way it was crafted, is some new technique or way of construction? Youve got my attention, and Im interested to learn more about it.

From what I understand (As of a few months ago) it was in the Microsoft shop at the Redmond campus. A couple of guys from work went and saw it there when they were over there for training :)

Don't know if it's still there though

I remember seeing one of the brutes added with a set of chief armor(devastators?) in an auction some time back.

Tater Mane said:
They might it on display somewhere, but I doubt it...

They might have disassembled it into many sections and given them to the people who made it, or maybe the Bungie staff.
Nice picture :)

Anyways, they are not just going to give it away after the hard work, i think they are keeping it somewhere until they know what to do with it... i mean if you have a master chief statue... would you be taking it around from a museum to museum?

Also you do know that there are exhibits like the starwars one wich go from a town to another and they have all the models and stuff there. Well that might happen as the Halo movie arrives.

-Fin(n)ish

Yeah, saw that exhibit when I was in London last year :)
And the Lord of the Rings one does the world tour (Still I think). It's been here in Wellington twice now.

I would imagine the Halo diorama will be stuck in microsoft head quarters as a display piece in their foyer. I don't see it being used for anything else - businesses love those sorts of things :)

Oh and:
Nice picture :)
Thanks. That was my trip mascot - Jiji (The cat from Kiki's Delivery Service) taken at a Japanese garden by Osaka castle in Japan

Bah, I hope they take part of it on tour, or put the whole thing somewhere safe. I know Lucas keeps all the most valuable props at the base of the tree thats inside the library at Skywalker ranch, but keep the larger stuff, like vehicles/set piece in a warehouse.

Would just love to see it in person.

Some stuffs I found:

Tour announcement:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/gallery/halo-dior...ntry-299470.php

Apparently the video I saw of it on display was from the Microsoft company store. Heres the vid. Click on the appropriate link, and watch past the ad itself to see the diorama on display at Microsoft the day before it was supposed to ship out.:

http://on10.net/Blogs/larry/behind-the-hal...ero-commercial/

This is the auction where Red got the Believe Brute from Devastator... I think we have a thread here for it... hidden in the chatter somewhere:

http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=20522

I'd post my pics, but as I said I should confirm with Red before doing so, and we had something more tutorial in mind for y'all.

Sean Bradley said:
Some stuffs I found:

Tour announcement:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/gallery/halo-dior...ntry-299470.php

Apparently the video I saw of it on display was from the Microsoft company store. Heres the vid. Click on the appropriate link, and watch past the ad itself to see the diorama on display at Microsoft the day before it was supposed to ship out.:

http://on10.net/Blogs/larry/behind-the-hal...ero-commercial/

This is the auction where Red got the Believe Brute from Devastator... I think we have a thread here for it... hidden in the chatter somewhere:

http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=20522

I'd post my pics, but as I said I should confirm with Red before doing so, and we had something more tutorial in mind for y'all.

Ah so its now only been reduced to 5 pieces. Too bad they couldnt keep it all, but I like the fact that they kept some of it!
Sean, Im still curious, how does the brute relate to a tutorial of some kind? Im a bit confused by the way your wording it

Without giving too much away we intended to show you all how Stan Winston made some of the Brute figures using Reds as an example.

So effectively you could make your own, very, very similar to theirs. It's the best anybody can hope to do now that the five sections have been sequestered and the rest has been reclaimed or disposed of.

I'll drop Charlie a line tomorrow, and see if I can get some movement on this tutorial for you all. Personally I'm aching to show off my pics, and apparently he's now got the exact images from the diorama showing his figure in them. When he was here we made an attempt to find it on the navigatable flash Believe site, but the results were inconclusive. I guess now he's got conclusive pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back