Custom Elite build

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBlaze97

So I've been planning out doing a custom Sanfheili build of my personal character, however, I'm trying to wrap my head around making the mold bits for it. I'm reading people use pepakura to read the files posted in resources, but from them, I was learning you need to unfold and print out each piece to create the Eva foam molds to piece together.
The problem I'm having is my character has a custom set of armor so I'm wondering how you guys approach these kinds of things.

My character takes from the halo reach model set but also takes from a mix of armor pieces from halo 1 and 3.

I'm looking to make the elite without a helmet since I haven't ever seen anyone attempt this, found the halo ce file here but I may use it as a reference. Or like I chatted with some people at HOD I may just make a no armor elite and create the "vacation elite" where I just have the bodysuit of my character, give him sandals and some rolled up shorts and a classic t-shirt or something to be funny yet different altogether. At this point, I'm down to do either or and if possible just make it so I can remove the armor to accomplish this silly idea meaning id need to somehow make a suit and make that suit have removable parts. Gauntlets, leg armor, and chest armor. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any points or tips or extra resources I can use to get this project on its feet? Just not sure where to start since I'm seeing people who make the models are creating more accurate armor sets VS freehand which I'm not super skilled freehand lol. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Plan to spend a lot of time on this project in between my work shifts.
Rkarbasefile.png

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask of this but any help or tips will help. I'm not afraid of a project like this just a little limited to technological resources and how to mold and craft things in blender or obj creators.

So I've been planning out doing a custom Sanfheili build of my personal character, however, I'm trying to wrap my head around making the mold bits for it. I'm reading people use pepakura to read the files posted in resources, but from them, I was learning you need to unfold and print out each piece to create the Eva foam molds to piece together.
The problem I'm having is my character has a custom set of armor so I'm wondering how you guys approach these kinds of things.

My character takes from the halo reach model set but also takes from a mix of armor pieces from halo 1 and 3.

I'm looking to make the elite without a helmet since I haven't ever seen anyone attempt this, found the halo ce file here but I may use it as a reference. Or like I chatted with some people at HOD I may just make a no armor elite and create the "vacation elite" where I just have the bodysuit of my character, give him sandals and some rolled up shorts and a classic t-shirt or something to be funny yet different altogether. At this point, I'm down to do either or and if possible just make it so I can remove the armor to accomplish this silly idea meaning id need to somehow make a suit and make that suit have removable parts. Gauntlets, leg armor, and chest armor. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any points or tips or extra resources I can use to get this project on its feet? Just not sure where to start since I'm seeing people who make the models are creating more accurate armor sets VS freehand which I'm not super skilled freehand lol. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Plan to spend a lot of time on this project in between my work shifts.
View attachment 277248

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask of this but any help or tips will help. I'm not afraid of a project like this just a little limited to technological resources and how to mold and craft things in blender or obj creators.
This looks awesome! If you dont want to freehand it, you can always use existing templates and add or remove material, or you can make your own. I think evilted has a good video on this.

Try and find other elite build threads and see what they do and use it as a reference. I think at this point you have a good idea on what you want to do and how you are going to do it, but you are either unsure of yourself or want to know every little detain. You are overthinking it. Just jump in there and start working and experimenting!

How tall will this be in the end? The size of you, or will you add some stilits

This looks awesome! If you dont want to freehand it, you can always use existing templates and add or remove material, or you can make your own. I think evilted has a good video on this.

Try and find other elite build threads and see what they do and use it as a reference. I think at this point you have a good idea on what you want to do and how you are going to do it, but you are either unsure of yourself or want to know every little detain. You are overthinking it. Just jump in there and start working and experimenting!

How tall will this be in the end? The size of you, or will you add some stilits

I might make him close to his actual size 7ft 2in I found a stilt design that allows each individual toe digit to move independently and allows for a more comfortable fit and contour to the human leg when going digi. I'm 5ft 7in so I'm hoping I can do this with ease. If not I will just go to my size so it's more comfortable. I plan on starting with the feet and legs so I can get the comfort part done, then will work on the body, will tackle the head and hands last... Those bits im not super confident in haha. Also should i go with 10mm eva or larger for the base structure of things? Or thinner?

I might make him close to his actual size 7ft 2in I found a stilt design that allows each individual toe digit to move independently and allows for a more comfortable fit and contour to the human leg when going digi. I'm 5ft 7in so I'm hoping I can do this with ease. If not I will just go to my size so it's more comfortable. I plan on starting with the feet and legs so I can get the comfort part done, then will work on the body, will tackle the head and hands last... Those bits im not super confident in haha. Also should i go with 10mm eva or larger for the base structure of things? Or thinner?
For the feet I think thicker foam would be better, but it depends. If you are constructing the feet as a shell this should be fine. If it will be somewhat solid, I would use thicker foam. I prefer the 3/4ths inch floor mats, but many people do just fine with the thinner material

For the feet I think thicker foam would be better, but it depends. If you are constructing the feet as a shell this should be fine. If it will be somewhat solid, I would use thicker foam. I prefer the 3/4ths inch floor mats, but many people do just fine with the thinner material

Hmm ok so I should order some thicker foam for the feet then, I want them to have some movement but not be floppy so I think I may mold it with block foam? Forget its name but I think its the furniture foam stuff. As for the legs think the 10mm foam sheets should be enough, but not certain. Im going to order a bunch of foam samples to determin how thick i want stuff. That and I need to measure out everything.

View attachment 277248

EPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back