Custom Embroidered Halo Patches/badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidfire3

Hey 405th, Cortana reporting, with some very exciting news!

So right after Christmas I made a HUGE purchase; I bought a professional embroidery machine. My main reason for buying it was so that I could achieve a higher level of detail and design with my cosplay work, and so I could bring in some extra cash with my commission work.

Now, here's the really cool part. The machine that I bought came with software I can install on my computer so that I can custom make my own designs from vectors and such! So, would anyone on here be interested in some Halo patches/badges? Here's a rough idea on pricing and whatnot:

I will do any Halo 3/Halo 3: ODST player emblems. Each emblem is customizable up to 3 colors, just like in the actual game. Base price is $21, that includes the emblem with up to 3 colors of your choice. Any additional color will be $7.

Military ranks: Still working out the kinks with this one. So far this is what I have planned out, but it's not final and is subject to major changes:

For anyone who's going to ask about the pricing I chose for the ranks, it's quite simple.

[$17 range] Pattern is simple and only requires one color thread; it's not only easier, but cheaper to make.

[$25 range] Pattern is simple, but with two colors. I add around $7 for the extra color thread.

[$20 range] Pattern is moderately designed, but only has one color. I'm mostly charging for the work that has to be done on the computer.

[$30 range] Pattern is heavily designed, and has two colors. I am charging for both the extra color and for the computer work.

405th_Badge_Price_List.jpg

This is NOT an order page, I am not taking orders for these just yet. I am posting this thread to test the waters and to instill interest. :) So, what say you?

Also, to the admins and owners of the site, even though I am not able to mass produce things like the hats or anything, I will be open to making 405th stuff to promote the site, and maybe even for people to take to conventions. ;)

</{Cortana_out>

Wow, pretty nice

You should be crown the Queen of Cloth, like Lee is the King of wood :lol

You are always making stuff with cloth, and thats good, dont get me wrong :lol

I would be interested, but for now I have no cash.

BTW

Do this patches are the ones you Iron and stick or do you have to sew them to the shirt/pants etc...???

Alex spartan177 said:
Wow, pretty nice

You should be crown the Queen of Cloth, like Lee is the King of wood :lol

You are always making stuff with cloth, and thats good, dont get me wrong :lol

I would be interested, but for now I have no cash.

BTW

Do this patches are the ones you Iron and stick or do you have to sew them to the shirt/pants etc...???

Haha, thanks! I am honored you would say that. :)

Like I said, this is not happening right now, I will be doing in a couple weeks to a month, so you got some time to save up.

It will be your choice. :) There are some people who prefer the iron on, and some who prefer to sew them on. I'll leave the choice up to the customer.

MW Immortalking said:
That is VERY cool, too bad I'm not much of one for clothes/fashion.

Well, this is more for putting on a bag/backpack or a jacket. It's not really "fashion" related..

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex spartan177 said:
Will you be also using the emblems or just the ranks???

Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST player emblems will be offered too! :D

I will do any Halo 3/Halo 3: ODST player emblems. Each emblem is customizable up to 3 colors, just like in the actual game. Base price is $21, that includes the emblem with up to 3 colors of your choice. Any additional color will be $7.

Hey guy's Cortana's boyfriend here. :)

Seeing as most of the pictures of the varying patches are JPGs, and thusly full of tons of hues and colors that would not go very well into her sewing program, I decided I would vector out new ones from reference pictures.

Here's the one I've done so far, for the UNSC Spirit Of Fire. The text needs a little work, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. :)

SpiritOfFire.jpg

Feedback always appreciated. :D

{Cortana said:
Well, this is more for putting on a bag/backpack or a jacket. It's not really "fashion" related..

What I meant by that was that I dont really have anything I'd put it on because I'm not to concerned with clothes.

and I'm one of those people who dont care about their backpack like at all just that it doesn't get stolen. lol

Although, I might get one at some point for my jacket. That's something I always wear and would be glad to have a patch on. Are you going to do one for the 405th?

MW Immortalking said:
What I meant by that was that I dont really have anything I'd put it on because I'm not to concerned with clothes.

and I'm one of those people who dont care about their backpack like at all just that it doesn't get stolen. lol

Although, I might get one at some point for my jacket. That's something I always wear and would be glad to have a patch on. Are you going to do one for the 405th?

Oh, ok, sorry bout that. ^^;

If I can get permission from Adam I might. :)

spartan-005 said:
hey cortana wondering if and if so how much to get this made in a patch this link is to what i have drawn up. and might not put the 405th logo in it since adam has not gotten back to me if i can use it i have emailed ad commented it on his page.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24582&st=0&gopid=402196&#entry402196

I might be able to. It would be a bit more expensive, considering all the detail in it, but I think I could do it. And yeah, I wouldn't be able to use the 405th if you don't get permission from Adam.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
What about something like this?

Command_Master_Chief_Petty_Officer.gif

Yup, Something like that would be in the $25-$30 range. ;)

Wow, that's awesome!It's too bad I'd have no use for a badge, but it seems like a cool idea! This could actually be pretty popular.

I guess that was money well spent! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back