Custom Mandalorian Build: W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adenn Velek

Jr Member
Here is my custom Mandalorian Armor, First the Design I'm going for, next the actual Armor I have completed so far.

This is my custom design for the lid:
1024.jpg

Here is the full body design:
1024.jpg

This is the progress I have done on the body armor. The base is made out of cardboard, which I will fiberglass (and bondo if needed.) I have printed out the helmet pep and I'm starting that very soon! ***These are made from Wizard of Flight's Template***

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

Please tell me what you think!

Adenn Velek

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool Vode, I've always liked the simplicity of Mando armour. Simple yet almost indestructible, cant wait to see this finished!

You should also credit Wizard of Flight for the use of his templates (I'm a regular at MMCC, Dented Helmet, and elsewhere).

Good job so far. I can't wait to see how it comes out. The standard Jango/Medium armor is always a good base for a custom job.

Oh thanks, I honestly didn't know whose templates they were, but they are amazing! And yeah I don't like the light or heavy armor as much as the standard Jango style. I might add some biceps to it too, but I think that might be overdoing it.

Where did you find these templetes? I've been wanting to make a set of mando armour for a while, just never found the templetes.

This is looking great vod! I was a very regular member at MMCC, but never quite finished my kit. In fact, by buy'ce is still sitting there with half sanded bondo on it. I'm really liking the color scheme and the armor looks awesome, so I look forward to seeing more updates soon!

Helmet, Gauntlets, and many more. (This is the Mandalorian Mercs Tutorial Library with many templates. For Skip's Pepakura Files of a Mandalorian Helmet and Gauntlet, scroll down to the "Armor Templates" section, the bottom two files in this category are the Pep Filess.)

Wizard of Flight's Body Armor Templates (Four sizes, small to extra-large, standard Jango Fett medium armor build.) PDF File

You can also find many helpful information, tutorials, and templates over at the Mandalorian Mercs (http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php). If you need any more help or files, just contact me and I'll see what I can do.

Boy I'm a slow typer. Good luck on your kit Sgt. Freezer, if you need any info just contact me and I'll see what I can do to help.

Also vor'e ner vod! (SpartanRouge1) I appreciate the encouragement and I'm also looking forward to the updates! Can't wait to see how it turns out! And you need to get on your buy'ce man! All the way to sanding bondo! That's no place to quit you made it this far! Haha, I hope you finish your kit, good luck!

Interesting method for your armor. I like it. I went with the old trashcan plastic method, and scratch built my bucket. I'm liking it very much though, and you are making some great progress! Oya ner vod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back