Soft Parts Custom Mark V [B] from the undersuit out

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle509

After several frustrating attempts at various other projects, I have decided to build a complete Mark V set of armor. As the title says I am going to start with the undersuit and work my way out from there. Thanks to the wonderful work of Tsau-Mia I now have an accurate layout of the undersuit. With some modifications to make it fit the male body, I hope to have it layed out into patterns to be cut from foam soon.
I also have a few pieces already peped, and i finally found my webcam so I will post pics of what I have done so far tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Here are the pics i promised you. I have a JFO, and a Gungnir Helmet peped but i'm not going to use the gungnir one until i can figure out how to make it so i can see with it on. I also used Tsua-Mia's undersuit design as a guide for my own patterns. i'm sure there are going to be a lot of changes to make it work for me, I'm pretty sure i'm just a bit larger than her bit in height and width. i have a few of the smaller pieces of undersuit drawn up and ready to be cut from foam but i didn't think i had enough to take pics of yet. The folder with the duct tape on it is the files i'm going to use for the base mark 5 armor. Other than the jfo helmet i haven't decided which perms i'm going to make first. if you guys have any you would like to see built first let me know and ill do the most popular ones on this set. If the one you wanted isn't one i pick don't worry, i plan on doing them all(the ones i have files for anyway).

Picture38-1.jpg

Picture37.jpg

Picture36-1.jpg

Picture39-1.jpg

hi, your work is looking good so far :)
just wondered if you good link me to the layout of the undersuit, im needing one :L
nice helmet notice u found it somewhere except the halo reach armory :p
apart from that, good luck

you know you could probably go down to salvation army or something and get a sewing machine for like $20 ;) Im gonna keep an eye on your progress. Im looking at ideas for my undersuit too. good luck dude :D

you know you could probably go down to salvation army or something and get a sewing machine for like $20 ;) Im gonna keep an eye on your progress. Im looking at ideas for my undersuit too. good luck dude :D

I am actually going out this afternoon to look for one, since i got paid today i figured i would at least price a decent one.

i have a few more pieces ready to be sewn on and a few more cut out, awaiting fabric.

Picture47.jpg

Picture48.jpg

this thing is my new best friend

got a few more pieces sewn on today, not a whole lot of progress over the weekend though. i hate helping people move, any way ill post some more pics tomorrow.

I've been thinking about how to make an accurate undersuit, but it's difficult thinking of a material that looks authentic, allows the skin to breathe and isn't too warm. I see you're using foam here, but I want to know if you actually find it comfortable, because I'm afraid I'm a bit sceptical, if you don't mind :p

its not really uncomfortable so far, but progress is slow with all the sewing. The foam i'm using is just cheap kraft foam from wal mart and covering it with fabric from a blank tee shirt, also from wal marts kraft section. the foam is actually fairly flexible. i'm going to build in areas that will breathe and others that will give me more flex. other than that i'm giving my self a little extra when i'm doing my measuring just to make sure I wont be suffocating because its too small.

If it helps any, I just put up a men's undersuit design. Sorry it took so long! I'll be watching this and seeing how it turns out. I haven't started sewing yet, but I'll probably make my mock-up sometime within the next two weeks.

Also, sewing by hand! You have a lot of guts (and patience) for that. I couldn't even sew a patch on by hand, haha. Good luck and I can't wait to see your progress!

only the pieces that are too small to run through a sewing machine are being hand sewn the rest i'm machine sewing other wise i would never get it done for the tenth anniversary, and thanks for the male models

You could probably see through the GUNGNIR helmet you got one of those night vision binocular things. You could take it apart, put all the stuff into a smaller package, and maybe wire the screen into the helm. The smaller package I mentioned earlier could be disguised as a side attachment.

I have a week off of work starting Tuesday, I plan to make a lot of progress then. But i just got a splint put on my wrist so that my hamper me a little. Either way more progress soon.

I have some upsetting news, I'm probably not going to have this done for the tenth anniversary. Turns out i cant do much cutting and sewing due to my wrist injury. Luckily i bought a sean bradley odst kit for my birthday last year so i have a backup costume. but i really was hoping to surprise some local halo fans with this one, I'll defiantly have it done for halo 4 though. I'll try and do as much as i can until i'm back to full strength, so my leekeegan nade launcher is going to be getting a lot of detail paint put on until then

wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back