1st Build Custom Mark VII MJOLNIR | Pepakura/Foam/3d Printed - Game Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calburn776

While this isn't my first cosplay project, this is my first official build. Although I've already started, I'd like to show you all what I've done so far and where I'll be going in the future.

I began by commissioning additional references for a Viper helmet redesign created by @Wernissage - The Art of Halo on YouTube, which I then began to hard surface model using Blender.

Screenshot (167).png

[The original redesign]

Screenshot (217).png

[The Low-Poly Result]

Now It's very low-poly as of now, but I'll be using it as a proof of concept for the full armor set. Now I've allocated Mark VII Pepakura files from The Armory, which I've accurately sized using the Armorsmith scaling program.

Screenshot (227).png

[Viper Helmet, on a Mark VII Base, with Gungnir Knees]

My next step will be to begin unfolding and printing the newly scaled files using the program so I can begin construction. After that, the project will be split into 2 phases.

Phase 1 will be considered the construction of the base Pepakura armor, along with continual progress made on the helmet model. (I might need some extra help with certain aspects of modeling, as I'm a relatively amateur modeler) Phase 2 will be the additional construction of attachments associated with my armor, at that point, the entire base armor should be completed.

Wish me luck, I look forward to keeping y'all posted.

Last edited:
My current priority in the production of this suit is the body armor. My goal with this project is to make a suit of Mark VII MJOLNIR armor, that will function both aesthetically and semi-practically. To aid in production management, I've devised a list of materials and armor components I will either need to replace, purchase, or fabricate.

Armor Materials.jpg

[Materials used for each Armor Component]

Here's a list of the processes/items I will be using in the production of this armor.

Helmet: 3D Printing (Custom Model)
Chest: Pepakura/Foam/3d Printing
Biceps: Pepakura/Foam
Forearms: Pepakura/Foam
COD: Foam
Thigh: Pepakura/Foam
Knee: 3d Printing
Greaves: Pepakura/Foam
Boots: Pepakura/Foam

Shoulders: 3d Printing
Tactical: 3d Printing/Foam/Other
Utility: Foam/Sewing/Other (Belt Buckles)

Undersuit: Sewing/Rubber/Foam/Other (Neck Seal)
Gloves: Rubber (Zune Lotoo Gloves)

So I finished my initial Undersuit sketch for the suit. I want to make it a universal as possible, which will allow me to theoretically swap armor cores within a few minutes. The goal of the suit is to not only add more *girth to specific parts of my body, but also increase my height to allow for a more canonical Spartan representation. The suit will utilize foam inserts, backpack clips, sewing buttons, and Velcro to both change Undersuit detail, and adhere armored components to my body.

IMG_20220729_234914844.jpg

[Techsuit Blueprints Ver. 1.0]

Credit to Electraknite for my design's inspiration, I've been looking at a bunch of her threads and videos for reference and inspiration in my design. Her tutorials have been a big help in considering my design process and I greatly appreciate all she has taught me.

*I have very long toothpick arms.

Last edited:
Quick Update #1

No major new or new pictures today folks. (I totally didn't forget to document anything) But I have officially started fabrication of the chest piece after manipulating and modifying the in-game models assembled by Surasia and @Average Goblin Enthusiast. I decided to split the model into about 5-10 pieces. The abdominal plate will be mounted separately to allow for increased mobility, & the thrusters will be removable to allow for easier storage.

I should have pictures and maybe even some videos for you guys by next week!

I will be watching closely. I wanted to try the same design of undersuit and am curious to see how this turns out.

Quick Update #2

Finished the Version 1.2 draft of the Techsuit, I'm having trouble figuring out the right details for the forearm and thigh components of the suit. I also drew up a draft for a carrier vest that the Chestplate will clip onto. When I get home today I've gotta get the second piece of the helmet printing and finish up the Chestplate fabrication.

IMG_20221004_090031764~2.jpg

(Ver. 1.1 against Ver. 1.2, The final version of the suit will be ver. 1.3)

IMG_20221004_090309450.jpg

(Concept #4 - The Nightwatcher Carrier Rig)

Some minor changes to the overall armor configuration were made yesterday as well... (I will have an image up later in the day)

-The helmet will now be a Linebreaker instead of a Celox.
-Added 40mm grenades from the RUCKAMUCK HIPPOTOOTH to the belt.
-Removed the Medkit from the belt.
-Added an MA40 magazine carrier from UTIL/ENAV Beacon.
-Moved the Wolf Fang to the right-hand thruster instead of the left-hand side.
-Replaced the left-hand CNM[5]/BRN/FASCINATOR with a right-hand SPELUNKER LIGHT.
-Color scheme now mimics Sharckface (RvB) instead of Boba Fett.

While this isn't my first cosplay project, this is my first official build. Although I've already started, I'd like to show you all what I've done so far and where I'll be going in the future.

I began by commissioning additional references for a Viper helmet redesign created by @Wernissage - The Art of Halo on YouTube, which I then began to hard surface model using Blender.

View attachment 321246
[The original redesign]

View attachment 321247
[The Low-Poly Result]

Now It's very low-poly as of now, but I'll be using it as a proof of concept for the full armor set. Now I've allocated Mark VII Pepakura files from The Armory, which I've accurately sized using the Armorsmith scaling program.

View attachment 321248

My next step will be to begin unfolding and printing the newly scaled files using the program so I can begin construction. After that, the project will be split into 2 phases.

Phase 1 will be considered the construction of the base Pepakura armor, along with continual progress made on the helmet model. (I might need some extra help with certain aspects of modeling, as I'm a relatively amateur modeler) Phase 2 will be the additional construction of attachments associated with my armor, at that point, the entire base armor should be completed.

That helmet looks sweet!

That helmet looks sweet!
Thank you! I might split the helmet progress off into a separate thread, considering that a) I haven't really made any new progress on it as of late, and b) I probably won't be using it on the armor, at least not at the moment, seeing as it's unfinished and needs to be remodeled. I found a nice set of tutorials on YouTube specifically designed to help with cosplay modeling, so I'm currently checking those out.

Thank you! I might split the helmet progress off into a separate thread, considering that a) I haven't really made any new progress on it as of late, and b) I probably won't be using it on the armor, at least not at the moment, seeing as it's unfinished and needs to be remodeled. I found a nice set of tutorials on YouTube specifically designed to help with cosplay modeling, so I'm currently checking those out.
If you do, please tag me in it. I am excited to watch the progression

Major Update #1

Guess who's back? It's been a while since I posted, got pretty busy with schoolwork over the break and couldn't find any time to work on my suit. However, I've managed to get my grades in a good place and I've made some substantial progress since then.

First, my boots. I decided to start from the legs and work my way up. I test-printed the boots at 100% scale then upscaled to 100.015% to fit the shoes I bought at Goodwill. Then, I scrapped together some foam inserts to both adjust my height and to allow the armor plates to adhere better to the boots. I taped it all together with some painters tape, tested the fit and it worked pretty well. Now I'm waiting for a chance to pick up some Fiberglass sheets and some Resin to fortify the prints.

IMG_20230225_163356518_HDR[1].jpg
IMG_20230225_145612455[1].jpg

(Left, first boot prototype. Right, the sacrificial Goodwill boots.)

Next up, is the Helmet. I purchased Walsh3D's Celox helmet model off Etsy and have scaled it to the reference model I am using for the Pepakura aspect of the suit. I will begin printing the helmet on my printer in the morning and will attempt to keep you guys better inform of my developments. Hope you guys have a good night! :)

Blender [C__Users_AceofSpades024_Downloads_405th Spartan Armor_Scaled Armor Reference.blend] 3...png

(Screenshot of the scaled helmet model.)

View attachment 321246
[The original redesign]

View attachment 321247
[The Low-Poly Result]

View attachment 321248

i'm looking to make a custom sap/sec shoulder mk 7helmet tac/rs starlight attachment no wrist attachment challenger gloves m45 thigh attachment and ua/type jfo knee guards mk7 bace and
what ever the armor is on the halo heros 13 spartan chest plate halo armor but I can't find any of the specific parts can you help me because I don't know much about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back