Custom Reach Foam by the Turbo Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so here comes one last WIP post i hope... iam still working on my magnum. For the beginning, i will attach it to my leg with some big neodyms... ive installed them into the holding area of the left tigh and i installed the counterparts below a layer on the magnum... it holds, but it will drop as expected if not carefull...
as you see i did a neckseal with a mask and some leather ive sewed on the neck area. You can drop the mask if not wearing a helmet.
also i put some leather applications on my butt, my chest and the waist as part of my undersuit.

i need to do some weathering on the tighs and on the cod... and also i need to install fans into the helmet... but iam still waiting for delivery for the batteryholder...

i hope you like it, i think iam allmost done with my first armor, iam a bit proud and ive learned alot... next armor will have way smoother edges for example...
and dont wonder, the pictures have a bit fishtank optic because i only had an action cam available atm... final pics will be better... thanks for watching!!!

DSC00646.JPGDSC00643.JPGDSC00665.JPGDSC00651.JPGDSC00642.JPGDSC00623.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00651.JPG
    DSC00651.JPG
    939.9 KB · Views: 338
Looking good, love all the detail work! I've hardly done anything to my undersuit. Going to hit it up with a bit of extra weathering? Looks like you've got a bit, but not so much on the back? Amazing how much difference the weathering makes to the look of a suit. Every con my suit gets a bit more 'battle damage' as it gets more weathered to cover up all the damage from being worn.

thx, means a lot :)
Iam still working on the weathering on my armor. The belt, thighs didnt have any weathering when i took the photos... i was just impatient :) More to come :)
I still need some kind of bag to put my keys, my money and my phone into when iam wearing the suit. i think some kind of tactical pouch arround my belly would be good... maybe some kind of "vest" below the armor... any suggestions?

Why not a functional tactical hard or soft case? This is a reach build after all...

i HAVE a hard case on my right leg... the pink piece you see on the 3th picture...! but do be honest... its just foam and i dont trust it to keep my money and my cellphone safe... i would feel better with something with a zipper, closer to my bodycenter and my hands :)

the left leg i would use to hold my magnum.
softcase is the thing iam looking for, but not sure how and where to attach it yet!

i HAVE a hard case on my right leg... its just foam and i dont trust it to keep my money and my cellphone safe.

That's why I didn't see it, it was on the right side instead of the usual left! And I don't blame you for being concerned about safetyand integrity, that's why I plan to make mine from fiberglass and perhaps eventually dry carbon if I have the money to make it.

Everything looks great. Very nice clean work. I have a few questions about your under suit. Did you purchase the shirt and leggings with the pattern on them? I've been looking for for somethinng similar for mine and haven't quite found it yet. And your center leather section is that a seperate piece you kind of put on with Velcro on te back or something? It seems to work great and looks complete great work.

Everything looks great. Very nice clean work. I have a few questions about your under suit. Did you purchase the shirt and leggings with the pattern on them? I've been looking for for somethinng similar for mine and haven't quite found it yet. And your center leather section is that a seperate piece you kind of put on with Velcro on te back or something? It seems to work great and looks complete great work.

Hi, the basic for my undersuit was a sportsunderwearset. i have only the german amazonlink, but maybe the label helps you. it was this set:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00RK9W5AW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so, its a top and a leggins. first i was trying to sew velcro arround the belly to connect the 2 pieces, but that wasent a good idea. it wasent flexible any more... so i replaced it with a small velcro square connecting the buttarea with the back area. now it holds and it doesnt drag my pants down :)
i also used velcro on the knees to connect the kneeguards and on the tighs. the tighs hold in place with a big piece of velcro and thats why i need velcro at the backpiece :)

then i got some leather from ebay. German description is "Nappa"-leather. Iam sorry, but iam not sure what to look for in english. its a thin leather you can sew with a machine. i made several patterns myself (dont make big pieces. the trick is to make small pieces that fit into each other, so you keep the undersuit flexible), transfered them to the leather, cut them out and sewed them on my undersuit. thats it. i was running out of leather, thats why my back area has no leather on it yet (just some small patches on my butt), but i want to make more leatherpatches.

last thing i sewed was the black cloth arround my foot to make a better transition between boot and shin. its just a cloth-pipe.

i hope my english was okay so you can follow me and i hope this helps :)

Awesome thanks for the tips. I'll have to check into it because I really like the way yours came out. Seems basic enough which I like but definitely completes the armor. And your English is pretty well perfect followed the whole thing thanks

If your up to it that would be great. I have no idea how to sew but we do have a sewing machine here and when the time comes I think in going to have to learn. Some close ups of your handy work will definitely help. Bummed I can't seem to find anything on the brand of your under suit here in the states, guess I'll have to search a little deeper. Thanks for sharing

Maybe you can order with your american amazon account from the german amazon store... it works the other way, but takes some delivery time, or just try to contact the seller (its 3th party) via email kontakt@normani.de

I will make some photos of the undersuit... my sewing skills are very basic too... ^^ my grandma showed me the basics... so nothing special here, i think you can do it as long as you know how the machine works ^^

Sorry another question, is that sports underwear you got on amazon the s/m or l/xl and how tall are you? That set doesn't seem to have a sizing chart on the link thanks.

Hey, mine is L/XL and iam 186centimeter tall, normal body. its flexibel and compressing.

pictures following soon, iam currently waiting for better weather/light for shots :)

Time for update :)
i need a bigger weapon, so i started with a DMR Blueprint from the filearchive and created this. Its full foam, but the barrel is wood. i drilled a small hole into the end to make it look like a barrel. the small piece of wood below is an old brush :)
Currently iam looking for a good scope to attach
You can remove the magazin!!!

20160726_180515.jpg20160726_180557.jpg

Currently iam looking for a good scope to attach
Depending on your budget, you could look for an airsoft ACOG scope. With some slight cosmetic modifications, the ACOG looks quite close to the scope from in game.

But again, it does depend on your budget, as well as how strong the top rail is.

thank you! i checked for some airsoft scopes... but to be honest i think they are to expensive. i would use souch a scope for a A+ grade weapon, but this is still my first work and its not flawless for sure... so i think i would use a cheaper scope... maybe a Nerfscope could be modded nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back