Custom SHEET METAL ARMOR Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks BEAST mate! Another thing I would recommend is that you weather the cape, make the bottom tattered and rub some dirt on it etc, as at the moment it looks too clean in comparison to the armour.

That looks BEAST mate! Another thing I would recommend is that you weather the cape, make the bottom tattered and rub some dirt on it etc, as at the moment it looks too clean in comparison to the armour.

Point taken man, thanks heaps. Yeah i thought it was a little crisp haha

Thank you so much man. I will definitely work on that to-do list. Cheers for stickin with me through this build. much appreciated :D

You know it man. I'll be here. You are getting really good at this armor building stuff.:D

*BOOM* - that was the sound of my brains and face exploding. i leave for about a month and a half, and THIS happens. serves me right i guess

Wow this turned out exactly how you drew it! That is amazing to you did all of this in sheet metal. How is your movement in it?

OOH! OOH! I have an idea! Pick me! Pick Me!

*alright Delta, what is it THIS time?*

For the exposed ear problem, just get a balaclava!
It would easily cover the ear without restricting movement, and they are pretty cheap or easy to have someone make.

Just my suggestion!

*BOOM* - that was the sound of my brains and face exploding. i leave for about a month and a half, and THIS happens. serves me right i guess

Ahaha accurate description of a head explosion dude :D. Cheers man, *BOOM*

OOH! OOH! I have an idea! Pick me! Pick Me!

*alright Delta, what is it THIS time?*

For the exposed ear problem, just get a balaclava!
It would easily cover the ear without restricting movement, and they are pretty cheap or easy to have someone make.

Just my suggestion!

DONE DEAL! haha, That saves me chuckin more metal on. Thanks man :D

Wow this turned out exactly how you drew it! That is amazing to you did all of this in sheet metal. How is your movement in it?

Oh thank you. Yeah its all sheet metal. Its actually really good, i can move around fine, and even get a bit of a jog on in it haha. I myt post a quick vid of of rocking around in it if you want?

i was going to say something, but my brain just exploded due to the awesomeness of this suit, and now i can't think of what it was :D ...

when you've finished wearing it to the convention, you need to get a store dummy to display it on in your room... that would be one wicked statue to wake up to every morning :D ... well done...

i was going to say something, but my brain just exploded due to the awesomeness of this suit, and now i can't think of what it was :D ...

when you've finished wearing it to the convention, you need to get a store dummy to display it on in your room... that would be one wicked statue to wake up to every morning :D ... well done...

Haha rad. Oh snap i totally want to do that, itd be like one of those haunted mansion suits of armor that creep in the hallways haha

As I have been reading on this thread, one thing was screaming out at me. You should totally try grabbing some black cloth and covering the eye area (or your face). The thing about the cloth is you can see out but not in. Its worth a try. Grab a black shirt and put it on your face then wear the helmet. Again, worth a try. If it looks bad its as easy as taking it off your face. Who knows, maybe it will make the whole dark lord vibe im getting off this even stronger. Amazing job with the build!

As I have been reading on this thread, one thing was screaming out at me. You should totally try grabbing some black cloth and covering the eye area (or your face). The thing about the cloth is you can see out but not in. Its worth a try. Grab a black shirt and put it on your face then wear the helmet. Again, worth a try. If it looks bad its as easy as taking it off your face. Who knows, maybe it will make the whole dark lord vibe im getting off this even stronger. Amazing job with the build!

Il try it man.
Check list:
make thorns shoe idea
make ear covers
make eye covers
make suit cooler

haha

Intensely awesome. I could imagine your nemesis as 'death by paper (metal) cut' Gotta love pop rivets! have you considered combining leatherwork with sheetmetal. leather is great to pop rivet too!

This entire set up is absolutely fantastic. I just read this entire thread from start to finish in one go and it is outrageous. Super talented and super cool. It kind of reminds me of something along the lines of Skyrim meets war from darksiders. I definitely think you should make something along the lines of your own custom battle ax to put on your back. The sword cool as it is looks a little small comparatively to the style of armor. But again as has been said this is fantastic. I feel like this should be in the elite showcase instead since this is such an original project.

Kind of makes me want to create my own design see what i can come up with. Project in the future maybe.

Intensely awesome. I could imagine your nemesis as 'death by paper (metal) cut' Gotta love pop rivets! have you considered combining leatherwork with sheetmetal. leather is great to pop rivet too!

Ive been trying to get my hand on some cheap leather dude, seems like the next step. Cheers man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back