Custom Spartan III and Spartan II armors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason 126

I am pleased to announce that I have started two custom armor builds, With hopes of having at least one done for RTX August of next year.

Here are the latest shots of all my armor pieces:

Spartan III Armor

Reach Hazop Base helmet
ZW63a5y.jpg

Left shoulder EVA
unGdALF.jpg

Right shoulder ODST
6iFcfvx.jpg

Chest Tactical/Patrol
IHDyvni.jpg

Spartan II

Mjolnir Mk VI
Tsd5d5f.jpg

Emblem
44s8vBe.png

Please Stay Tuned For More!!

ZW63a5y.jpg

unGdALF.jpg

6iFcfvx.jpg

IHDyvni.jpg

Tsd5d5f.jpg

44s8vBe.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ambitious, I like the cut of 'ur jib!
Wish I could make it to RTX one of these days, good luck!

I'm confused. Is that your camera making everything banana shaped? Or is there some serious warpage? The quality of the cuts and folds imply that it's the camera, but it's a very unusual lens distortion if it is.

That aside, looks like some nice pieces. Looking forward to progress!

Ambitious, I like the cut of 'ur jib!
Wish I could make it to RTX one of these days, good luck!

Thank you very much, I hope I might be able to meet you there one of these days, and I'm sure you'll make it if you really want to.

Nice work can't wait to see it done

Thank you very much, and I cant either. :lol

I'm confused. Is that your camera making everything banana shaped? Or is there some serious warpage? The quality of the cuts and folds imply that it's the camera, but it's a very unusual lens distortion if it is.

That aside, looks like some nice pieces. Looking forward to progress!

The left side of the visor is a little bit warped, however, Spartan II's had custom armor each with slight adjustments that made each one special, I just so happen to be left eye dominant, so the unintentional warping works well in my favor to make it feel more authentic. My camera just so happens to be my phone though and it has been through some stuff these last couple years.

Now on to the update!

I got my visor in, so lately I've been doing some work on that, It isn't perfect I know, however, It shall be amazing once finished, I may not seem like it but when it comes to projects like this I'm somewhat of a perfectionist.

FCplOks.jpg

CJkbIYV.jpg

So that's all I have for the moment, I will be experimenting with paint this evening, If anyone has tips on that or for lining the inside they would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and look forward to future updates!

Spartan 126 signing off.

FCplOks.jpg

CJkbIYV.jpg

Interestingly, because of the quality of the folds and resin, the warpage actually looks more like serious battle damage than a mistake. Your customised armour idea works too though.

All of the other images were also banana-shaped, not just the helmet. But maybe the phone lens has a scratch or something.

Looking good, though!

Paint-wise, try to make sure the colours aren't too saturated. Use a range of colours if you can, and blend them subtly together. Your base colour, plus burnt sienna, raw sienna, maybe umber, black in minute quantities, greys, possibly even a little blue or green or purple or something, really desaturated and subtle. Don't use just one technique, try stippling, dry brushing, sponging, spraying, spattering, etc. Just make sure it's really blended and there aren't too many hard edges- here and there for "smoke" or weathering is ok though. Lots and lots of very light passes is the key to good painting. It's slow and tedious but the end result is much better.

Interestingly, because of the quality of the folds and resin, the warpage actually looks more like serious battle damage than a mistake. Your customised armour idea works too though.

All of the other images were also banana-shaped, not just the helmet. But maybe the phone lens has a scratch or something.

Looking good, though!

Paint-wise, try to make sure the colours aren't too saturated. Use a range of colours if you can, and blend them subtly together. Your base colour, plus burnt sienna, raw sienna, maybe umber, black in minute quantities, greys, possibly even a little blue or green or purple or something, really desaturated and subtle. Don't use just one technique, try stippling, dry brushing, sponging, spraying, spattering, etc. Just make sure it's really blended and there aren't too many hard edges- here and there for "smoke" or weathering is ok though. Lots and lots of very light passes is the key to good painting. It's slow and tedious but the end result is much better.

Hey either way works great, and I took a look at my lens and it does look broken. And I'll be sure to use some of those techniques thank you very much for recommending them, I was sort of scared to start painting because I didn't know what to do.

Anyway on a more interesting note, I wonder how many of these are left like this new? I'm debating if I should open it or not...

5Gh8TTv.jpg

I will be working a bit with paint tonight to see if I can't get a look that I like.

Anyway stay tuned for more!

5Gh8TTv.jpg

Oh ok, cool. That answers that then, now we know what we're looking at in pics.

Yeah, you may use all of them, or just a couple, or different ones in different places. Just try to figure out what's happened to the armour, and then you can go about trying to replicate the effects of its history. Some kind of sponging effect, I'm not 100% sure what it is, is the best one I've seen so far for a general paint wearing across flat expanses, in one of the Elite section threads. I need to look into it more.

Ha! I had that, but I think the disc was broken, I never got to play Halo 2 on PC. Still might pick up another copy, because I doubt I'm ever getting a console again after my 360 RRoD'd a few years ago. I imagine the only shrinkwrapped ones are in a handful of Amazon and eBay sellers' back rooms.

I finally went and picked up some crafting foam So far It's working wonders! YAY!!!

Here's what I came up with. :)

KgILqTa.jpg

It actually Fits just about perfect. I'm so happy

KQe1fSO.jpg

And here's how I see the world while I'm wearing the helmet.

XVO1O53.jpg

Alright everyone stay tuned and look forward to future updates!

KgILqTa.jpg

KQe1fSO.jpg

XVO1O53.jpg

I have an update I know it has been a while but since I made school and work a priority I had to take a short hiatus from armor construction. However that is not what this post is about. I have just acquired a 3DPrinter and have made a few parts for the magnum, There WILL be reprints of most of these parts.

DSKomn0.jpg

Stick with me here for all future updates! Jason-126 Signing off!

DSKomn0.jpg

That looks fantastic so far. keep up the good work. I am very impressed on your pep skills

Having to kick production into high gear now, RTX is only 6 months away, and with Monty Oum passing away this only solidifies my choice in going, but as a spartan, I've enlisted some help for the pep work and painting, I've also gotten my 3D printer working properly.

Hv4NwPm.jpg

PN1E68q.jpg

The black piece is the reprint, for some reason the printer didn't want to think I had any of the white filament anymore when there is plenty left, working on the mod for that currently.

And everyone as always stay tuned for the much more frequent updates to come. Jason-126 Signing off.

Hv4NwPm.jpg

PN1E68q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back