Cutting Fiberglass

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know how to cut fiberglass?
with something cheaper preferably
well actually, it has to be cheap

here are some pics of how i have to cut it

since its an iron man helmet i want to cut out the face so i can flip it up (i have hinges). but at this point i need to cut out the face, and i haev no idea how to. i tried using a drill, but if i continue then the face wont sit properly on the rest of the helmet

dremel and fiberglass cutting bit

wear resperator and safety goggles, fiberglass in the eyes isnt fun and its still hazerdous while being cut and sanded

yeah, a dremel or any rotary tool would work fine, but remember, it kicks up dust like a b!tch, so watch out. wear safety equipment, work outdoors, and wash your face and hands often.

hand sanding is no big deal, you can be a bit exposed, but not with the dremel.

1337 option:
Delta%2028-640.gif

Badass option:
sawzall1.jpg

Cheap option:
Coping_saw_(PSF).jpg

if you've put alot fo work into you helmet, theres no reason to try and ghetto rig a solution, unless you honestly couldnt save up the money for a quick dremel and a bit which would prolly run you no more than $25.. go get an exacto knife and ALOT of blades, and score it out..

P.S. Scoring is a technique in which you scratch your way through to create a cut. .... ... or somethign like that.. i dont know if thats actually true, but for this post and to try and make myself look REALLY smart... yea thats what im gonna put cuz it'll do = )

that won't work, fiberglass is meant to reinforce auto and marine bodies. plus, you are gonna have a very hard time without some kind of power saw.

Unless the fiberglass is uncured, CPU did that.

if you
re really desperate, go with a keyhole blade for an xacto. looks like this:
15Blade.jpg
, and you can get em here, if you can't find any at a hobby shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back