cutting out visor to early

Status
Not open for further replies.

feigned echo

Jr Member
this is a warning to all those who are currently assembling their helmets. i've noticed many of you not puting in the visor when puting together the pep. this is an unwise thing to do, the visor portion adds structural integrity, and it will be less likely to warp while resining, and without it, the helmet could warp before you even begin to resin. in the pictures i added, notice how the helmet is warping, this is partially due to the fact that there is no visor piece.

Yay frost is right again, and all those who said "I'll be cutting it out afterwards, so I just wont add it" were allllll wrong! :lol:

Uh, dude? That's my helmet. I'd like it if you'd at least have the manners to ask me before making a topic with it.

And if, like me, you don't have a visor before you've completed the helmet, some cardboard would easily suffice anyway.

feigned-echo said:
this is a warning to all those who are currently assembling their helmets. i've noticed many of you not puting in the visor when puting together the pep. this is an unwise thing to do, the visor portion adds structural integrity, and it will be less likely to warp while resining, and without it, the helmet could warp before you even begin to resin. in the pictures i added, notice how the helmet is warping, this is partially due to the fact that there is no visor piece.
That's exactly why my helmet came out nicely... :)

gallery_2596_18_1545069.jpg

gallery_2596_18_566553.jpg

gallery_2596_18_412439.jpg

gallery_2596_18_499385.jpg

gallery_2596_18_1686259.jpg

gallery_2596_18_181196.jpg

As you can see in the last 2 pictures it keeps the top up and not smashed in... It also keeps the sides from collapsing while resining... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I look the layered sharpie drawings you made near the sides of the paper visor...this makes me want to actually layer cardstock, and resin them that way and leave them on for more detail hmmm...

Dark Rogue said:
Uh, dude? That's my helmet. I'd like it if you'd at least have the manners to ask me before making a topic with it.

And if, like me, you don't have a visor before you've completed the helmet, some cardboard would easily suffice anyway.

no i'm saying your helmet warped because you didn't complete the pep to it's fullness, you excluded the visor portion, see what i mean in my attachment. and i'm sorry i used your photos without permission.

Gorram it, why wasn't this put up before I did my first helm? Ended up scrapping it for just the reason explained and now on number two with the visor in.

After resin'ing you can take it out? or do you need to glass it with the visor too also if you get your visor resined can you just cut through that with like a exacto knife?

blakiki said:
After resin'ing you can take it out? or do you need to glass it with the visor too also if you get your visor resined can you just cut through that with like a exacto knife?

I plan on cutting the visor out with a dremel after it is fiberglassed. Hopefully that helps.

1 coat of resin will do the job for sturdiness in terms of it not warping, it is still pretty bendable, but it wont warp unless you smash the thing, I plan on cutting mine out after the second coat of resin, then fiberglass it so I dont waste any glass on the visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back