Daedric Armor Build - Zombiegrimm Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG DRAGON072

So, I have started working on the Skyrim Daedric armor as my first build, since I've been swallowed into the game again,... I wanted to do something Halo related, and seeing as everyone has the Mark VI build, I wanted to branch off and do something a little different.

The helm is pepped and ready for resin/fiberglassing, but unfortunately, due to my status as a "New Member", I can't upload attachments to show you all my progress thus far.

Is there any way around this obstacle? Maybe upload it elsewhere and post the link?

Thanks!

You should be able to upload it to photobucket or any other image hosting site and then use the img tag to put it into your post.

SkyrimFront_zps617b5dd1.jpg

SkyrimSide_zpsb49ee48d.jpg

Attachments

• SkyrimFront_zps617b5dd1.jpg
    SkyrimFront_zps617b5dd1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 290
  • SkyrimSide_zpsb49ee48d.jpg
    SkyrimSide_zpsb49ee48d.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 269
No problem. Welcome aboard the great ship 405.

Thanks brother! I was a previous member, but couldn't find the time or money to actually sit down and do anything. I'm not sure as to whether I should finish pepping all the armor before resin/fiberglassing or not. I'm on a tight schedule, since there is only 8 weeks until the convention my wife and I will be attending, so I want to get done as much as I can, as fast as I can without error.

The more pieces you have pepped, the more you can get done at one time. While waiting for one piece to dry after paint or resin you can start painting/resinning the next piece, provided you have enough work space to have several pieces in progress at once.

Since this is my first actual build I've fully pepped, I'm unsure as to whether the Elmer's Glue-All Multi-Purpose glue I'm using is gonna withstand the resin. I've read up on the forums about what glues are safe from deteriorating/melting when resining, and I know white glue is used, but I didn't want to get ahead of myself and continue using it, if it's just going to fall apart when I resin. Should I stop and just go with hot glue? Or can I use the white glue?

Thanks!

Elmers is what I use. I personally haven't had a problem with it reacting with resin. I've put together and resined several helmets and no problems so far. I agree with Zaff, the more you have ready the better. Resin one, set aside go for 2 and so on.

Yeah, and one bottle goes a long way. I have the 225mL bottle and only used a small portion of it. Pepped this helm, pepping the Mark VI helm, and my wife is pepping the Daedric Sword.

I think to save space, I'll just use this thread as a joint build between the two of us, since she is a registered user as well. Unless there are rules against that sort of thing, and I don't want to use improper forum etiquette. ;)

I've been using Elmer's, but admittedly I haven't reached the resining stage with any or my projects. So far I've put together three helmets, but those were all done on basic printer papepr to test sizes and to practice peppping, which led to me learning how to unfold models to better fit the way my mind works when building something. So far, people seem to like my style.

Can't wait to see this project unfold (no pun intended). Deadric armor is one of the cooler looking sets in Skyrim, but I rarely use it because light armor works better for my play style. I've been tempted to attempt the dragonscale, or get really ambitioous and try the nightingale, although my sewing skills would likely need a lot more fine tuning to attempt that.

I've been using Elmer's, but admittedly I haven't reached the resining stage with any or my projects. So far I've put together three helmets, but those were all done on basic printer papepr to test sizes and to practice peppping, which led to me learning how to unfold models to better fit the way my mind works when building something. So far, people seem to like my style.

Can't wait to see this project unfold (no pun intended). Deadric armor is one of the cooler looking sets in Skyrim, but I rarely use it because light armor works better for my play style. I've been tempted to attempt the dragonscale, or get really ambitioous and try the nightingale, although my sewing skills would likely need a lot more fine tuning to attempt that.

I usually go Wood Elf as my first Skyrim Char, so yeah, I hardly use Daedric, but I agree, it is one of the coolest sets. I generally run around in Nightingale until I get Dragonscale. That being said, with me working on hard armor builds, and the wife working on soft armor, she'll be doing the Nightingale build while I do this one. Just have a hard time finding templates for anything like that. Due to the fact she is pregnant, she is going to be Padme for our next con, and she can't find anything online to print off clothing templates.

I too have made an abundant amount of builds, but ended up not finishing the pep stage as well, so I know how you feel.

To keep the post forum related though, I'm trying to scale the rest of the armor pieces to fit, but the horn/spikes on the builds make it somewhat difficult to manage an accurate measurement. Once I get past this issue, I'll post more pics of the pepping progress. I may just move on to do the Mark VI build, since it's a lot easier to get accurate measurements and everyone has tips on that, so I can finish faster.

Quick note:

I'm unsure how I'm supposed to go about scaling the rest of the armor. I have an idea of how to do some of it, thanks to HaloGoddess's tutorial, but since this isn't Mark VI armor, it's somewhat different. Any suggestions, or should I just "Trial and Error" it?

Looks great so far! I am currently doing the same build but out of foam, using the same pep files (see link in my signature). For scaling, I pretty much did each piece individually, but they ended up being around the same scale. I believe the head and boots are slightly larger scale then the rest.

Looks great so far! I am currently doing the same build but out of foam, using the same pep files (see link in my signature). For scaling, I pretty much did each piece individually, but they ended up being around the same scale. I believe the head and boots are slightly larger scale then the rest.

Yeah, I didn't adjust the scale for the helm and it fits just big enough for my head to fit without much room for padding, so I've decided to make another one bigger and give this one to the wife for her build.

UPDATE:

Just finished resin, last batch I think I put an extra drop too much of hardener, because the resin became gummy FAST, within 6 mins. That or it could have been due to direct sunlight,... Regardless, here are some pics!!

You can see the gel particles here
IMAG1012_zps0062a789.jpg

Front shot
IMAG1013_zps64195888.jpg

IMAG1011_zps3409b46b.jpg

Last one...
IMAG1010_zps1455210b.jpg

Enjoy!! Until next time.

Attachments

• IMAG1010_zps1455210b.jpg
    IMAG1010_zps1455210b.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 310
  • IMAG1011_zps3409b46b.jpg
    IMAG1011_zps3409b46b.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMAG1013_zps64195888.jpg
    IMAG1013_zps64195888.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMAG1012_zps0062a789.jpg
    IMAG1012_zps0062a789.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 275
That is looking EPIC

If there is One thing I learned when pepping a helmet like this or the Hayabusa or Daedric heln (or any helmet with spikes), is to pot multiple coats of resin on the helmet then I did it in sections both inside and out for strength then I do multiple layers of fiberglass (like a total 3-5 layers with more on thinner sections because they are more likely to break) then bondo then I use primer to see blemishes the add Spackle putty the more primer with more spackle and repeat until there are no more blemishes

If it was above 80 degrees F there, it will gel in almost half the time it would regularly take, and I've noticed humidity speeds this along.

Quick note:

I'm unsure how I'm supposed to go about scaling the rest of the armor. I have an idea of how to do some of it, thanks to HaloGoddess's tutorial, but since this isn't Mark VI armor, it's somewhat different. Any suggestions, or should I just "Trial and Error" it?

I suggest printing out the tester Daedric armor first and apply HaloGoddess's tut as reference. The tester files are out there, shouldn't be too hard to find but they are worth it instead of going through set after set of armor for the right fit. I would upload it myself but I deleted it as soon as I got my measurements right.

I suggest printing out the tester Daedric armor first and apply HaloGoddess's tut as reference. The tester files are out there, shouldn't be too hard to find but they are worth it instead of going through set after set of armor for the right fit. I would upload it myself but I deleted it as soon as I got my measurements right.

I figured if I make it a little bigger than this one, it will work out just fine. I'm just glad the wife has a smaller head and it works perfect for her. I generally apply HaloGoddess's method into these builds, but it's just slightly different from Halo to Skyrim. I guess I'll have to search for these low res files. Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back