Daisho Con 2020 Info and Roll Call: Nov 20th - 22nd (Wisconsin Dells, WI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

he4thbar

Sr Member
Member DIN
S434
Stealing NobleofDeath16 template. I live VERY close to this convention so I will be making it all 3 days.

Description: Whether you’re a fan of Japanese animation, American animation, Asian pop culture, cosplay, video games or table top games, you will find a way to celebrate your joy; compete in gaming tournaments in our video game room, participate Wisconsin’s largest cosplay contest, and explore our mammoth vendor hall. We have Nerf battles by day and EDM beats by night.
(me):Keep in mind this is Wisconsin's 2nd biggest convention at around 7000 participants. And highly focuses on cosplay as well.

Date: November 20th - 22nd (11/20/2020 - 11/22/2020)

Event Website:
2RETRFZ0_400x400.png
Home - Daishocon.org
website updates every year
look up daishocon on insta or facebook to follow along with their updates.

Convention events/details (Bear in mind this was from last years stuff. however not much has changed in the past couple years other then adding more stuff(regarding activities). parking should always be free because this is not a dense city like chicago)
  • Free Parking!! The convention offers free parking. So if you don't feel like staying on site you can stay at a different hotel and just drive on up.
  • Water park and indoor theme park. If you want to take a break from the convention hall. Kalahri offers a indoor water park and theme park. If you stay at the hotel this is typically included.
  • Convention stuff!
    • Panels: celebrity(usually voice actor) guests (none listed yet). or just regular people giving panels!
    • Nerf arena: get your NERF (has to be nerf brand) gun and fight each other, in and out of costume!
    • Action Arena: essentially nerf gladiator mode. you fight with foam swords/shields and weapons.
    • Vendor Hall: Very heavy on art but a ton of vendors are there and the vendor hall is good sized. sometimes they have prop builders and other stuff as well, pretty nice. And a cosplay repair station as well
    • Game Room: Biiiiig game room. Has almost anything you can think of from DDR to smash bros(gamecubes). xbox, PS4s. Also has a lot of arcade games in this place. last year I played TMNT.
    • Tabletop gaming room: I didn't go in this room, but its a big room with a lot of table top players and tabletop games.
  • RAVE: Saturday night at about 1030 or 11 the Rave starts in the same convention hall as the cosplay contest. they release the DJ names when they are closer. I hear its a good time, but didn't go last year.
  • COSPLAY
    • This event focuses heavily on cosplay, almost felt the amount of cosplayers to normal congoers was equal.
    • COSPLAY ISLAND: There is a mini "run way" that mimics the cosplay contest stage. You can get together with your friends to take photo shoots here. Just be aware you may have to sign up for a slot if you want time for group pictures, last year they had marvel, MHA and a few other slots made for that. but on Friday and Sunday it is a lot more easy going to just get on the mini stage and take pictures.
    • Cosplay Contest: Be sure you sign up on Friday for the main contest or there may not be any slots. you have to sign up in person
      • Hallway contest: There is a hallway contest for those who don't want to compete on the big stage. more laid back and for newer cosplayers
      • chibi: for contestants 5 or under
      • Beginner: 0-2 awards ever given for a contest
      • Advanced: 3 or more awards in a cosplay contest
      • Master: highly experienced in Cosplay Contests and have won 3 or more awards when competing
      • see rules and details: RULES
        • judges reserve the right to bump you up in competition class
    • Cosplay Guests: There will be cosplay guests, those will be announced closer to date and I will update this.
  • Recently expanded hall: Last year Kalahari Built its new edition to accommodate conventions and it was awesome. Huge Hallways and big convention rooms. Never felt too claustrophobic and I could move around freely except maybe in vendor hall.
    • Also They have a lot of tables with water jugs around rather then swarming a single water fountain(there was also water fountains)
Regiment stuff:
I currently have no plans for these but if we get enough people to go these could be options:
  • Photographers and/or interested photographers willing to work with Regiment Staff on photo shoots.
  • Dinner plans for either Friday or Saturday. (I may or may not be able to do this[he4thbar])
  • Members planning to attend who may need room accommodation assistance and/or roommates.
There is currently no plans for regiment staff to be on-site, These plans listed could be up in the air but would love to see fellow members on site. Last year I ran into 1 405th member and 2 other halo cosplayers.

Local Hotels: (Descends by Distance)
  • Kalahari Resort Hotel. This hotel is connected directly to the convention hall. Has a water park and indoor theme park (both great for photo shoots). None of the other hotels are walking distance.(PARKING IS FREE THOUGH)
  • The Great Wolf Lodge (has water park)
  • The Wilderness Resort and hotel (has waterpark)
  • Staybridge Suites Hotel.
  • THERE ARE PLENTY OF HOTELS AROUND, just have to google em and drive.

Confirmed "Boots-on-Ground":
- He4thbar
- Danger Viking

Tentative Responses:
-spidermonkey60
-MrJamin
-nobleofdeath16

Badge Purchase: Badges
Screenshot_20200301-091247.png

Last edited:
Excellent work on the format!! As well as the accompanying information alongside it!
Thank ya! I'm not expecting this to be a huge group event like c2e2 or something. I just like people to be aware of it :). Especially since it's a little more western and people from Minnesota/Iowa/Illinois may go as well (if not Minneapolis galaxy con). I know we have a few people like MrJamin who may be closer to this than to other cons.

Last edited:
Thank ya! I'm not expecting this to be a huge group event like c2e2 or something. I just like people to be aware of it :). Especially since it's a little more western and people from Minnesota/Iowa/Illinois may go as well (if not Minneapolis galaxy con). I know we have a few people like MrJamin who may be closer to this than to other cons.

Ooo... This is pretty close. I better have my suit done by then so I'll keep it on my radar!

Screenshot_20200220-190530~2.png

Registration date dropped! Can pick up tickets march 1st. Only $35 for the whole weekend!!! (Then price increase over the months following usually stopping at 55-60)

-to note, if you plan on going. Apparently this con is very popular and the attached hotel fills up extremely fast. Last year the block room rates came available in July and they filled up in 3 days. Many had to stay at nearby hotels.

List me as tentative. I will see if I can make it work, if so, I also may have a +1 for the trip.

Screenshot_20200301-090928~2.png
Screenshot_20200301-091247.png

Registration is open on daishocon.org
Here pictured is the list of registration prices.

Danger Viking can I mark you as confirmed going to daisho? I know you went last year and I think i recall you stating you are going again when we last spoke.

Hell ya, as long as nothing major happens and I dont go bankrupt then I will for sure be their
Awesome to know! I will for sure be wearing my ODST friday. Saturday i'll probably switch to my Power armor I have been working on though. Sunday well see if I armor up or not :).
i gotta rebuild my helmet to make it foam on the ODST.

Awesome to know! I will for sure be wearing my ODST friday. Saturday i'll probably switch to my Power armor I have been working on though. Sunday well see if I armor up or not :).
i gotta rebuild my helmet to make it foam on the ODST.
Ill probably weat my ODST on Friday as well. Saturday will most likely be one of my new big builds. If I actually finish it on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back