damnit!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecose

ive spent the last eight hours making my pep helmet and when im almost done the pieces star to screw up uhhhhh ... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

same here.

HEre's what' happening:

Tiny mistakes early in building slowly gather so that by the end certain pieces are nearly impossible to do.

Solution:

Don't cut any corners or you'll pay for it.

If you're alrready in over you're head:

Improvise. Jut because there is a black bold line doesnt mean you can't trim a little off. Don't let the pep piece make you its bitch.

look at reference pics (of your exact pep design) and make it happen

Unless you have paper with zero thickness and glue that takes no space at all, the pieces will get off by a little bit. It's nothing that can't be fixed in post-production.

Unique Name said:
Unless you have paper with zero thickness and glue that takes no space at all, the pieces will get off by a little bit. It's nothing that can't be fixed in post-production.

thanks now im thinking of using tape

Last edited by a moderator:
So far Ive pep'ed three helmets, and I agree completely with Unique Name, the way I try to avoid this is by building in smaller sections, get chunks of it built with as little misaligned parts as possible, then once you have about 5 or 6 big chunks you start adding them together, It kind of works. Also I wouldnt use tape, the first one I did, I used tape and it slowly fell to bits so I was going over the whole thing glueing where the tape was falling off, I pretty much doubled the build time for no reason.

i think everyone has had the same problem. i did. i like doing one peice at a time. one thing is the line should overlap/be on top of each other...not meet.

i had to trim some paper off here and there but it still came out really good..
don't sweat it...keep grindin'

Unique Name said:
Unless you have paper with zero thickness and glue that takes no space at all, the pieces will get off by a little bit.

I have a solution to the "glue that takes up no space" problem.

I came up with a great way to glue our Pep models, but I had to post it in the
noob section of the forum because I didn't have enough posts to put it here in
the Pep section. :rolleyes

Here's the link: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7423

Hope it helps!! ;)

NullARC said:
I have a solution to the "glue that takes up no space" problem.

I came up with a great way to glue our Pep models, but I had to post it in the
noob section of the forum because I didn't have enough posts to put it here in
the Pep section. :rolleyes

Here's the link: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7423

Hope it helps!! ;)

thanks that will help this is my first helmet ill post pics later

Tape ruins the helmet when resining, using a little piece here or there to hold it is ok, but using it as the main adhesive will just make your work even worse.

ecose u building a pep suit now,

by the way u made ur cardboard armor im sure ur pep one will turn out really good.

ojrtega said:
ecose u building a pep suit now,

by the way u made ur cardboard armor im sure ur pep one will turn out really good.

i hope so ive got it done and ill post pics later but right now it doesnt look right :(

Werd Nal said:
same here.

HEre's what' happening:

Tiny mistakes early in building slowly gather so that by the end certain pieces are nearly impossible to do.

Solution:

Don't cut any corners or you'll pay for it.

If you're alrready in over you're head:

Improvise. Jut because there is a black bold line doesnt mean you can't trim a little off. Don't let the pep piece make you its bitch.

look at reference pics (of your exact pep design) and make it happen

I second this statement!
What also might help is if you can at all possible sit in front of your computer when assembling, Pepakura has this nice part I.D. feature to show you how things should look, Hope this helps.

-Justin

yea i have the smae problem i was all the way to bondoing when ym helmet warped and its really lopsided...i was furious :mad: so i have to redo it all again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back