Darth Vader

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUSTINIAN 117

The next suit I plan on making is Darth Vader. I have looked around on the 501st sith lord forum, but I am still having trouble finding resources to build the suit.

Most people buy casted parts or do modifications to Rubies armor, but I want to make mine from scratch, because I don't have that much cash. Does any one know where I can find templates or pepakura files?

I am also having a lot of trouble finding the differences between all 4 versions of Vader. I have noticed the obvious differences, such as the pointed forehead, and the blue or green lights on the chest and belt. Other than that, they all tend to look the same. I also want mine to be perfectly symmetrical, which means the only one to build is the Revenge of The Sith. Suggestions?

I would like it to be 501st grade, but in the end it doesn't really matter to me. (I really just want to be proud to have a 501st approved suit ;) )

The helmet, chest, and shins are the only parts I will have problems with, the rest I can take care of fairly easily. Any help would be great, as to pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help,
Justin

I created the pepakura files for nearly all the pieces except for the collar armor and shoulder bells, a long time ago, and some of the files are still floating around the net. The 501st is very picky on costumes especially the Vader suit. So if you do use Pep files you're attention to detail will have to be to the max. Question is why is this not in the Creation Discussion area?
EDIT: All I can find for my files is just the helmet at the moment.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1qebcvvbze7erx1

I created the pepakura files for nearly all the pieces except for the collar armor and shoulder bells, a long time ago, and some of the files are still floating around the net. The 501st is very picky on costumes especially the Vader suit. So if you do use Pep files you're attention to detail will have to be to the max. Question is why is this not in the Creation Discussion area?
EDIT: All I can find for my files is just the helmet at the moment.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1qebcvvbze7erx1
Thanks for the help Nintendude. I am not sure how I will tackle it, but I plan to do the peped files for at least a rough draft, and I may scratch build most of it. The dome is the part that I am going to use the pep file for. I think I saw on the 501st that this same model was posted, and the pointed out how to make it work right.

I thought about putting this in the creation thread, but this is not my build thread. This is just a discussion for help. If this needs to be moved to the creation discussion area, that is fine.

Thanks again for the help.

As far as I've heard, they're not too keen on peps... however, your standard of work is so friggin high that I bet they'd have trouble finding a better example... I know Dungbeetle did a simplified version of the vader helmet. Not sure how accurate it is, but it's awfully close. (It floating around the 3D section)

Also, it appears that 501st standard can vary. There's a LOT of very good stuff around, but I've heard of people using kits for say... stormtroopers that were ambiguously screen-accurate. I honestly don't think there would be any way they could deny you if your mk.V is any indication of your skills. :p If you go on the 501st forums (especially the Sith Lords forum) they have the costume CRL's and such. that may answer your questions about the differences in each variant. Can't wait to see it!

I found some new Vader Pep fils on the RPF Replica Prop Forum. PM me with an e mail address and I will send them to you. I believe the thread on the RPF is Firefleck's Star wars files.

The next suit I plan on making is Darth Vader. I have looked around on the 501st sith lord forum, but I am still having trouble finding resources to build the suit.

Most people buy casted parts or do modifications to Rubies armor, but I want to make mine from scratch, because I don't have that much cash. Does any one know where I can find templates or pepakura files?

I am also having a lot of trouble finding the differences between all 4 versions of Vader. I have noticed the obvious differences, such as the pointed forehead, and the blue or green lights on the chest and belt. Other than that, they all tend to look the same. I also want mine to be perfectly symmetrical, which means the only one to build is the Revenge of The Sith. Suggestions?

I would like it to be 501st grade, but in the end it doesn't really matter to me. (I really just want to be proud to have a 501st approved suit ;) )

The helmet, chest, and shins are the only parts I will have problems with, the rest I can take care of fairly easily. Any help would be great, as to pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help,
Justin

I have a fully accurate ESB Vader (avatar picture) and I can tell you its not a cheap costume to do. Especially if you are going for 501st standards. Pep work on the armor pieces could save some cash. Not sure how accurate they are though. Just so you know my costume ended up being about $2800. Of course if you complete it like you did your mark V it'll be awesome I'm sure.

oh and you asked about differences. The ROTS suit you want to build is quite a bit different than the other Vaders because it was built for Hayden Christensen not David Prowse. So the shoulder armor is smaller the helmet is smaller and since it was scratch built not cast from the original it is symmetrical. The inner cowl/robe is worn over the shoulder armor instead of under and the shoulder bells are attached, the lights on the chest box actually work instead of being stickers.... thats just off the top of my head. Basically your best bet is to look on the 501st sith lord forum crls where you said you poked around a bit already.

i to had the same problem, but after a while i found some sites that would probably help.i typed these on google
star wars pep files,
replica prop forum
hope this helps ya out.

hey man, ive just now started planning out a darth vader suit myself. ive got all the pepakura armor (helmet, shins, shoulders, chest box, etc.) if you want me to email them over to you. the helmet is a little more difficult then the one that nintendude posted, but its almost exact (if not exact) to the ESB version. it shouldnt cost you that much either other than the actual fabric for the suit and the fiberglass and bondo... again man, if you want the models, i have them all if you would be willing to send me your email adress. oh yes, and about it being 501st grade, if you just take your time with it and give it alot of attention (if you understand what i mean) it should easily come out perfect 501st quality, with a reasonable price. but again, just spend alot of time on it, and the models are so detailed they should be fine.

Hi guys i'm new in this forum and i'm looking for a project for darth vader helmet.
I didn't fint it anywhere, can you send me your files if you still have them??
thank you very much guys, i don't know where looking for...

my email is teocesare@yahoo.it

Wow you posted the exact same word for word in at least three different threads at first I was gonna help but now you seem a little to needy so I'll pass.

just other people said me o_O

but only a forumer helped me with a fierfek file, but i'm looking for the nintendudes one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back