Dash's 3d print thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What 3d printer do you guys recommend
My workhorses are my Vivedino Raptor 2.0, Creality CR-10 S4 and Creality Ender-3.

I also have an Elegoo Mars Resin Printer for fine detailed small parts.

For a beginner if you have the money get yourself a Prusa i3 MK3s or go with anything from Creality. They have a huge online support base.

The lab

Attachments

• E519CDC5-04D2-428C-80C6-E8F75BA540B2.jpeg
    E519CDC5-04D2-428C-80C6-E8F75BA540B2.jpeg
    540.5 KB · Views: 203
Thank you everyone for your input and help. I installed the silicon sock, gutted and cleaned iut the heat sink and all that, and replaced the nozzle. It is working great now and I have printed out a few more peices. I am still having the same problem with filament falling all over the bed. Maybe it is the type of fillament I am using?

Also does anyone know why this is happening?
20190827_073600.jpg

This is the second recon scope I have tried printing. Both of them have supports running through them instead of being solid like it is in the obj and the slicer... it goes straight through so if I remove the supports the bottom and top are separated(you can see this well in the nob/tuning circle closest to the camera lense... ), and some of the detail is built in the supports. It may just be the model. Does anyone know if the 405th has one? I didnt see it in the armory but it may be in a weapon file somewhere...

Thank you everyone for your input and help. I installed the silicon sock, gutted and cleaned iut the heat sink and all that, and replaced the nozzle. It is working great now and I have printed out a few more peices. I am still having the same problem with filament falling all over the bed. Maybe it is the type of fillament I am using?

Also does anyone know why this is happening?
View attachment 276994
This is the second recon scope I have tried printing. Both of them have supports running through them instead of being solid like it is in the obj and the slicer... it goes straight through so if I remove the supports the bottom and top are separated(you can see this well in the nob/tuning circle closest to the camera lense... ), and some of the detail is built in the supports. It may just be the model. Does anyone know if the 405th has one? I didnt see it in the armory but it may be in a weapon file somewhere...

You might want to upload the file to Netfabb, looks like there is an error with the file where your Slicer thinks the top and bottom are two separate pieces.

Agreed with NobleTravis, there might be a hole in your mesh or an internal face somewhere around that layer height that is throwing your slicer for a loop. Try running the model through the Trinckle repair tool to see if you have any errors.

Another peice came out pretty good!

15669918756656895214178072693323.jpg

I just dont get it though. When I got home to see it finished, this is what it looked like...
15669562372065067310282642159449.jpg

Could be an extrusion error? I'm just starting to learn about that. It happens when the nozzle is gunked up or having other issues.

Could be an extrusion error? I'm just starting to learn about that. It happens when the nozzle is gunked up or having other issues.
Maybe. I have no idea how to fix it though. I clean it and level before my print, and while it heats up it oozes out. If I let it hand off the edge or remove it just before it starts printing, the fillament wont grab the bed and it curls up around the nozzle. Then it grabs the bed, pulls it off the nozzle, and starts prining. There is some buildup on the nozzle still, but nothing intrusive. This is probably the issue, but I just dont know what to do :I

Maybe. I have no idea how to fix it though. I clean it and level before my print, and while it heats up it oozes out. If I let it hand off the edge or remove it just before it starts printing, the fillament wont grab the bed and it curls up around the nozzle. Then it grabs the bed, pulls it off the nozzle, and starts prining. There is some buildup on the nozzle still, but nothing intrusive. This is probably the issue, but I just dont know what to do :I
1) What are you using to slice the stl file. Cura? Simplify 3D? Other?
2) Not sure about your machine, but in my experience, most machines need tweaking in the slicer profile to get the prints to come out right. I know mine was not 100% there until I addressed these profile issues in Simplify 3D
3) Could you upload the last file that screwed up on your print? I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.
4) what filament are you using again? (make/type/diameter)

1) What are you using to slice the stl file. Cura? Simplify 3D? Other?
2) Not sure about your machine, but in my experience, most machines need tweaking in the slicer profile to get the prints to come out right. I know mine was not 100% there until I addressed these profile issues in Simplify 3D
3) Could you upload the last file that screwed up on your print? I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.
4) what filament are you using again? (make/type/diameter)
I am using cura, and I have dialed down the petg pretty good, but I think if I go under the 424 degrees it wont melt as good, but at the same time it wont ooze out. All my prints have looked like that so far with the petg. Pla was perfect. I'll upload the file and fillament when I get home at about 7, but u think the black pla is from a company called strongman?

So I did some reading and i may fix it by messing with retraction settings, but now i am derided out. After maybe 18 prints of petg, this one is the only one to turn out like this, and it is PERFECT! 0.o

Attachments

• 15671211874914021209607147373565.jpg
    15671211874914021209607147373565.jpg
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 172
So I did some reading and i may fix it by messing with retraction settings, but now i am derided out. After maybe 18 prints of petg, this one is the only one to turn out like this, and it is PERFECT! 0.o
Retraction hmmm. Sounds like we might have the same problem. I put new filement in mine and the feeding motor gears are now making a clicking sound sometimes. Can't even get a piece to stick 80% to the bed. I think there is some PLA stuck in the filament feed box. I need to check into it more this weekend.

Awesome to hear man. There is nothing nicer than having a dialed in printer. Now export a copy of that profile for PetG and keep it on the side.

Awesome to hear man. There is nothing nicer than having a dialed in printer. Now export a copy of that profile for PetG and keep it on the side.
Well... that's the problem. I havent dialed it in, and I havent changed anything since my first working prints for the most part... it just started printing cleaner. I am still getting leaks and problems on the edge, but it is nowhere near as much as it was, and I will take it!

Haha this is why I have stuck to PLA. It’s much more forgiving than PETG.
Glad to see you got it corrected though. That’s a really clean print.

Haha this is why I have stuck to PLA. It’s much more forgiving than PETG.
Glad to see you got it corrected though. That’s a really clean print.
I was going to do pla but decided it wasnt for me at the moment. I still didn't correct anything and it definatly isnt as good as it should be, but I will hopefully get there sometime soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back