Status
Not open for further replies.

rensole117

Jr Member
hey guys i was thinking

I'm currently building carter noble 1
and i was thinking he has a data pad...
has anyone made one yet?
or is there something out there that we could use the iphone or ipod touch or smth for the datapad? actually wanna try this ^^ :p:D

thx in forward guys

Are you looking for a pep file for his arm piece? If so there is one in the official reach pep files thread.

If you are curious about the screen on his arm.
yea you might be able to fit some form of touch screen phone or somethign like that in it. I was thinking abotu making this attachment for my future noble build and was thinking about using an old LG dare that i have.
Or if that doesnt work out for you then you could look into a side lit piece of plexi glass cut to fit that area.
All you have to do is get a square piece of plexi glass and inscribe some form of detail on it for a screen and then drill some holes in the side of the plexi insert the head of the led and wire them up and voila. the leds will highlight the inscribed parts and light up the rest with a low blue hue

ok cool good to hear im not the only one planning this :D

anyone got any clue on how to do it ?
would be cool if we could get like some form of program to run on the phone's/ipods so we could controlle suit things like:
lights
ir camera
walky talky
stuff like that

All you have to do is get a square piece of plexi glass and inscribe some form of detail on it for a screen and then drill some holes in the side of the plexi insert the head of the led and wire them up and voila. the leds will highlight the inscribed parts and light up the rest with a low blue hue

This may be a dumb question, but how would you inscribe on the plexiglass? I'm unfamiliar with this term and am also interested in doing a datapad down the road.

hey guys i was thinking

I'm currently building carter noble 1
and i was thinking he has a data pad...
has anyone made one yet?
or is there something out there that we could use the iphone or ipod touch or smth for the datapad? actually wanna try this ^^ :p:D

thx in forward guys

Timecon put either an iphone or an ipod touch in his arm piece. You can see it in his thread...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/27231-Reach-and-mass-effects-its-been-awhile-for-me/page8

On page 8 there are a few pictures (one of him kneeling down and using it) and I'm pretty sure he goes into detail about it later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back