Dbz Saiyan Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstalin

Hey everyone, I was wanting to make a couple sets of saiyan armor for a con my friends and I are going to... I just dont know where it start. I would like to make it as realistic as possible, and I'm open to fiberglassing but I'm not to good at it. Iwas thinking of carving some foam and paper mache around it then a light coat of fiberglass to make it strong and look better... If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate yalls input. Thanks

the only part in that picture worth doing in pep would be the torso armor, the rest will require cloth, a sewing machine and lots of time. Have you tried searching for the pep file for this? If so and there is nothing then maybe you should ask a 3d modeler if they can throw together a pep file real quick.

Hope this helps :)

Here's a saiyan armor pep file I did a while back. It's not the greatest unfold but should give you something to work with. Might need to rescale it, I just took a guess at the scaling.

saiyan.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/176027948/28fa9510/saiajin.html

*edit* updated link rapidshare seems to suck.

This wouldn't makes sense as the torso armor isn't supposed to be rigid. It's supposed to be like a rubbery/under armor material.

Neoproks said:
This wouldn't makes sense as the torso armor isn't supposed to be rigid. It's supposed to be like a rubbery/under armor material.

if you wanted to do that you could mold and cast in "flex-foam it". its really the shape that you use pep files for. what you make the finished product out of could be any range of materials for whatever you needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goosebot 5000 said:
if you wanted to do that you could mold and cast in "flex-foam it". its really the shape that you use pep files for. what you make the finished product out of could be any range of materials for whatever you needed.

Ah, didn't think of it that way. That's actually a good idea! :D

Good work man.

I always wanted to make one of these. Just never had the time. Flex foam-it was an option since I wanted it to be easy to move in.

Maybe one day.

I hope someone tries to make one soon. I'd like to see that

I've had that model sitting around for a while. I was going to put a costume together last year but never got around to it. Too many projects, not enough time.

I'm really look forward to seeing someone put this together :)

Holly crap yall are awsome, Dancin_Fool your the man! I never expected to get this much of a responce this fast.do yall really think flex foam would be the best, I dont really mind it being ridgid as long as it fits right. Can you paint flex foam... I really dont know what it is. Thanks again everyone this is gona be fun!

Hey Talin

if you cast the armor in "Flex Foam-it" you'll get a result like Ithica

Skip to 6:20 of the clip to see "Flex Foam-it" in action

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHr9m54nug[/media]

also heres is a video showing it painted, skip to 5:10 as it shows him kneeling in it and what not

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPSueZgH_iM[/media]

You can see when he runs, the mobility is amazing compared to a suit made fully in Plastic

hope this gives you a good idea now

Ahh... This Brings back memories... *goes to flash back*

.....Vagita what does the Scaner SAY about His POWER leVEl?..... ITS OVER NINETHHHHOOOUUUSSSANNNDD!!!!!!!.....

*comes back to reality*

MAN THHHAAATS SSOOOMME, ER er... man thats some good times...good times...

HARR 18 said:
Ahh... This Brings back memories... *goes to flash back*

.....Vagita what does the Scaner SAY about His POWER leVEl?..... ITS OVER NINETHHHHOOOUUUSSSANNNDD!!!!!!!.....

*comes back to reality*

MAN THHHAAATS SSOOOMME, ER er... man thats some good times...good times...

its not scanner its SCOUTER

can some one add the " hip plates " to it as well like the side and front one plz oh what about boots and gloves the raditz or bardock armor from the first few eps of dbz that would be nice like this pic

Goosebot 5000 said:
would you have any objection to me trying to modify the unfold?

By all means go right ahead, I'm sure it can be unfolded better, that was a quick half hour job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back