Deaadshot's 3D Printed Halo 5 Noble Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried it out yet but overall it seems like it'll be a cheaper approach than the heavy body primer method I use for small gap filling. Krylon rattle cans in Canada are usually $9/each and my usual Duplicolor heavy body automotive primer is $13/can. I guess it's time to do a bit of testing to see the mileage difference.

Keep us posted. This'll be good info to have.

EvaKura Armory, who is currently doing a secret costume commission for 343i.. :eek: Just spilled his secret at our PAX panel for smoothing 3d prints... it is using Kyrlon's Triple thick Glazing spray, then immediately hitting with Kyrlon's Chalky Spray paint. Something about the chemical reaction between the two makes it dry fast and sand easy and still keeps edges crisp. He's been able to keep the quality he is used to with the look, but with 1/4 of the sanding time. And with the price of these products it seems tough to beat.

For the record he (and like none of us) are Krylon fans. Lol

YESSS! Time to try another method for finishing. So far, I've tried several include rustoleum filler primer and elbow grease, XTC3D, and a clear enamel + paint (as seen on YouTube). So far, I'm only happy with the finish from the filler primer. Unfortunately, this is also the method that requires the most work. I have a few parts coated in XTC and will just finish those as is rather than re-printing. My kit will be finished with a variety of methods! I'll grab a can of each from EvaKura's method and see how that goes. Fingers crossed!

In other new, there's not much other news. I shifted focus to my son's TIE wagon project (now done) and my wife's Ewok build (almost done). I also decided to start printing up some newly designed props to stock an Etsy shop that will be going live soon! In the midst of a sweet Carbine print, my printer decided to ape s*** and jam up on me last night. After a few hours of troubleshooting, she's back online. I'll try to make some progress on the suit soon! My goal is still end of the year and I'd prefer not to have to paint once the PNW winter rolls in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back