Dead Space Costume Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Ok, so, my previous two attempts at pepakura armour haven't really gone to plan. The Mjolnir armour was becoming quite time-consuming, and seeing as I'm doing VCE at the moment, I felt it best to leave that project until after school. The borderlands bandit costume just went horribly wrong.

The other day I was invited to go to Manifest this year (Australia's Comicon) and I decided to go as a Dead Space engineer. Now I know everyone believes Scratch-building is the way to go with this type of amrour, but I'm just not any good at that. I need help getting the Pep files for the armour plating. I'm no good at Ripping, Modelling, or any real use with that type of software, but what I have become quite good at is Pep-building. That's why I felt it best to use this method in building this armour.

What I need is the Pep files of the armour plates to strap to a jumpsuit, and I need EVERY plate. The shoulder armour, back armour, boots, forearms...all from the level 5 suit. I Have the helmet and cutter already, but I was also hoping for a pulse rifle too.

Of course, as usual, I'm willing to pay (within reason) for all helpful services provided by the good people of the 405th, and I guarantee your efforts will not go to waste.

Cheers, Zaac.

XxCALIBERxX said:
Australia!

Where at? Victoria?

I doubt you'll need to pay, thats what we're here for! Unless you want someone to build it.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23635&st=20 Thats F3tt mans thread. Its got most of the armour i think. and if you read through the thread you will find that nintendude posted the dead space weapons.

There you go. :D .

Cheers, Dave.

Dude, you're officialy my new best friend, ha ha. That's REALLY helpful...and I only offer payment cos last time I asked for this kind of thing, someone told me I should, lol.

Yeah man, Victoria for the WIN!!! Where abouts you from? I'll live in this beautiful town called Ocean Grove, not far from Geelong...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people from ocean grove! The in built trampolines are sweet.

I'm from Warrnambool! further down from you. :D. And Victoria is obviously the better state! (sorry Juliet and Mjolner Follower, but tis true) ;).

And don't worry about the file links. My pleasure. only took me a few mins to search my favourites. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Lol, Victoria is DEFINITELY the greatest state in Australia...no competition:p

It's good to see another Aussie who's into this kinda thing...I almost thought I was alone:( lol

Well I looked over those links, and they all kick ass...I'm gonna get started as soon as I get home tomorrow...:p

Cheers Brother

He's asking for someone to get him files... Unless you wanted pictures of his previous stuff? which i don't see is relevant to this topic...

But when he starts building it (which i know he will) we want pictures! :D .

Cheerios, Davos out.

Lol, well, progress is slow...all i got so far is 2 of the plates at the front of the helmet...once i get further into it i'll be postin pics:p

cheers guys

Stalker said:
Lol, Victoria is DEFINITELY the greatest state in Australia...no competition:p

It's good to see another Aussie who's into this kinda thing...I almost thought I was alone:( lol

Well I looked over those links, and they all kick ass...I'm gonna get started as soon as I get home tomorrow... :p

Cheers Brother

im an ausiie whos into this sort of thing, 'cept im from NSW. i think we may have a little rivalry on our hands =P

seriously though, victoria is a very nice place. my family and i went for a holiday in melbourne a few years back.

Haha, I was only stirring.

NSW is where all our extended family live, up in avalon in sydney. :D, very nice, lots of good weather and surfing to do. And chicks to!

Cheers, Dave.

Lol, I've got my whole mum's side of the family in NSW, spread out around sydney...

So we've got a few aussies now:p lol

So what's everyone think of the Dead Space idea?

Im struggling to get it together, The thread u sent me Caliber kind of ended, So im still missing a few parts:(

I got the one that everyone keeps calling the level 3...but im really hoping to find the level 4...it looks the best by far...

I cant wait to get it really started...

Ok, so, after having a look over some pics of the level four armor i've come to the conclusion that, well, it sucks...if uve seen level 5...lol

but here's my problem...would it be wierd to build the lvl 5 body, but use the level 4 helmet? lol...to be honest, i reckon the lvl 4 helm would suit the lvl 5 body better...cos of the considerable difference in size over the lvl 5 helm...

so...thoughts?

Cheers, Zaac.

Stalker said:
Ok, so, my previous two attempts at pepakura armour haven't really gone to plan. The Mjolnir armour was becoming quite time-consuming, and seeing as I'm doing VCE at the moment, I felt it best to leave that project until after school. The borderlands bandit costume just went horribly wrong.

The other day I was invited to go to Manifest this year (Australia's Comicon) and I decided to go as a Dead Space engineer. Now I know everyone believes Scratch-building is the way to go with this type of amrour, but I'm just not any good at that. I need help getting the Pep files for the armour plating. I'm no good at Ripping, Modelling, or any real use with that type of software, but what I have become quite good at is Pep-building. That's why I felt it best to use this method in building this armour.

What I need is the Pep files of the armour plates to strap to a jumpsuit, and I need EVERY plate. The shoulder armour, back armour, boots, forearms...all from the level 5 suit. I Have the helmet and cutter already, but I was also hoping for a pulse rifle too.

Of course, as usual, I'm willing to pay (within reason) for all helpful services provided by the good people of the 405th, and I guarantee your efforts will not go to waste.

Cheers, Zaac.

Nintendude has the weapons set in pdo format up; I've exported the pulse rifle to obj, and am working on it right now.

*really needs to stop taking on so many projects*

OxA said:
Nintendude has the weapons set in pdo format up; I've exported the pulse rifle to obj, and am working on it right now.

*really needs to stop taking on so many projects*

Lol, cheers man. Yeah, I have all Nintendude's weapons...of course, I suck at unfolding, and i did plan on building the contact beam, lol...

project_phoenix said:
where did you find the helmet? I can't find it.

Its not the right helmet...the file is called the level 3 helmet, but it looks nothing like the one in the game...go to google and search "dead space pepakura"...it's all over the place:p it comes in a pack with the plasma cutter...

Stalker said:
Its not the right helmet...the file is called the level 3 helmet, but it looks nothing like the one in the game...go to google and search "dead space pepakura"...it's all over the place:p it comes in a pack with the plasma cutter...

well I'll take a look anyway. thanks!

project_phoenix said:
well I'll take a look anyway. thanks!

No problem brother...if you cant find it, gimme ur email and i'll send it to u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back