Dealing with armor pieces at Halo: Outpost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnavishPlum

Hello!

I am going to the Outpost in Philly and want to bring my ODST helmet to wear, but I am not sure what to do with it during things such as the lasertag, VR, etc. I am also only going for one day so wearing one day and doing stuff another isn't an option, plus it's only the helmet. I was wondering if anyone who went to Orlando had any advice about this or did something similar to what I am doing.

Thanks!

Someone who has attended Orlando might know better, but I would imagine that there has to be a system in place for people who wanted to do those events but had backpacks or shopping bags. I imagine they would set them off to the side for you during the duration of the activity and then you pick them back up after you are done.

Most events will actually let you in in full suit. I did the btb Laser tag, but they require you to wear the strap that holds the gun. It has to go over your head and around your arm like a sling or satchel. They have tables you can store bags and personal belongings on, and there is a sheet draped over each table ongoing to the floor. I stored my helmet and prop under the sheet on the floor and a nice lady working there watching over the belongings said she would keep a close eye to make sure noone messed with it. It was a blast.

For the escape room, there is nothing to worry about except you bumping into people(your literally in a shipping container). I dont think it is worth going because the challenges are simple and they solve em for you so they can get you out fast and more people in. Environment looks great, emerson not so much. I didnt do pelican training, but the videos make it look like there is nothing to worry about, unless you have to sit down. I would keep that in mind. The 3v3 vr requires you to wear a backpack and goggles, so it is best to do it not in suit. This is a must do attraction and is amazing, but the lines get very long because they only let 6 people in at a time. I would get in there immediately and not be in costume. Then suit up after. The ring is a museum sort of. It just explains the backstory of halo while you are wearing bluetooth headphones. Sooo only no helmet. You walk around and look at very neet things recreated physically in the real world as you get told bout there backstory, and at the end there is an IMAX theater dome movie thing. Nothing that would interfere, but I did this at the end of the day and was tired and found it nice to sit down during all of this. Then there is the main hall and most of the booths that are looking around and standing. If you want to play fireteam raven, you have to sit, a d the 405th booth is fun to do in suit but not necessary. Let me know if I missed anything! :D

Thanks! I only have a helmet so the issue of suiting up doesn't exist for this. Good to know they have somewhere to put Helmet and backpack down. I plan to focus on doing VR and Lasertag. It was mainly VR I was curious about since you gotta wear the VR set.

Isn't their a headband or something for lasertag too?

Thanks! I only have a helmet so the issue of suiting up doesn't exist for this. Good to know they have somewhere to put Helmet and backpack down. I plan to focus on doing VR and Lasertag. It was mainly VR I was curious about since you gotta wear the VR set.

Isn't their a headband or something for lasertag too?
Yes! I forgot about that but it just slips on fairly easily. Wearing a helmet over that is just plain cheating :b

I did everything yesterday full suit as well!

The Pelican was especially fun. I was dressed as my ODST and my teammates and the staff were saying things like "you'll make sure we don't crash, right?" To which I replied "Well, they usually drop me out of ships, so I don't know how helpful I'll be" to tons of laughs.

Great fun, highly recommend it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back