delete parts in Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefrog

Hey guys,

does anybody know if it's possible to delete whole parts in Pepakura? I got a full armor set, and I'd like to separate it into different files for the chest piece, the gloves and so on, but as far as I've seen it until now, I can only delete single edges, not mark a whole part and press "delete"... am I missing something?

thanks in advance! :)

Unfortunately no. There are two things you can do though, 1. Move the undesired parts off to the upper left hand corner and work on one piece at a time. 2. If you have the .OBJ file you can toss it into a 3D program like Blender and remove parts that way. Downside to that is you'll have to unfold the pieces again when it's loaded into Pepakura Designer. If everything is already unfolded, it'd be easier to go the #1 route.

Thanks for your answer :)

Well the problem is, I'm making a female cosplay whilst being male, so I'll have to adjust all the sizes to fit my body dimensions. That's why I want to focus on every part of the armor one after another, and that'd be way easier if I didn't have to rearrange all parts each and every time =/ and unfortunately no, I don't have the OBJ file, only PDOs. Would've been too easy...

You can export the backend .obj model from the .pdo file in Pepakura Designer.

Ooooooh, nice, thank you! I missed the .obj export option as it was placed in "Texture Editing", which I, dumb as I sometimes am, misread as Text Editing :D I got it exported, now let's see what we can do...

Hmm, for me it's in the File menu under Export 3D Model, but then I'm using an older version of Designer since I have no intention of "upgrading" to Windoze 10 and Tamasoft elected to not make the newer versions Pepakura backwards-compatible with XP.

Well, XP is somewhat out of date, that's right :D but then, I do understand the aversion of upgrading to 10. Win 8 here, Designer 3.1.8, and well, it's right where I said in the Texture Editing submenu :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back