Destiny Titan foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerFunDum

934063_942301835823870_3692865130410381808_n.jpg

Hi all, Im looking to start building my character from destiny as shown in the image, I have googled the specific armour types and cant find any pepakura or foam files, the armour list is as follows

Helmet : Murvaux Type 0
Gauntlets : Iron Companion Gauntlets
Chest Plate : The Armamentarium
Leg Armour : Murvaux Type 0

If anyone has or knows anyone who can unfold these into foam files please let me know, thanks in advance.

I'm gonna say to you the same as I did to a lot of people.
sometime what you wanna build don't have a pep file or pattern. Not everything have pep file in that matter
You can still look in the RPF forum or the Pepakura library. If you can't find it afterward, then that armor doesn't have a pep file.

If you're looking to do some 3D modelling work (that can lead to unfolding with some practice) you may want to check out www.destinystlgenerator.com I know it has all of the stuff from House of Wolves on it, but I'm not sure when he did an update last.

Edit: After a quick check, it looks like the new stuff from Taken King is on there.

I'm gonna say to you the same as I did to a lot of people.
sometime what you wanna build don't have a pep file or pattern. Not everything have pep file in that matter
You can still look in the RPF forum or the Pepakura library. If you can't find it afterward, then that armor doesn't have a pep file.

Ok mate, thanks for the heads up, I'll have a looksee anyway :)

- - - Updated - - -

If you're looking to do some 3D modelling work (that can lead to unfolding with some practice) you may want to check out www.destinystlgenerator.com I know it has all of the stuff from House of Wolves on it, but I'm not sure when he did an update last.

Edit: After a quick check, it looks like the new stuff from Taken King is on there.

Ok mate, I'll be sure to have a look at that, thanks for the link :)

Hiya bud, do you have any advice for me? I found the files I'm after but am clueless as to what to do from here.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi bud, I found the files that I need but I'm completly new to the whole scaleing and unfolding thing, any hints or tips for me?

You're going to need Pepakura Designer. If you don't have it, you can purchase a license, though there are other ways of getting it but I'm totally not advocating that.

Once you have the designer, you're going to open the desired file in PD (Pepakura Designer) and work on unfolding. There is a tutorial on how to do that somewhere in here (either a Google search for Pepakura Unfold Tutorial, or a local forum search should yield the result) but the basic gist of it is to use the "specify open edge" tool on the left model in PD to make pieces shaped nicely and workable, and then unfold and scale.

Also, for the scaling, I'd recommend figuring out which is your X, Y, and Z axis in relations to the model, then either taking a picture of yourself in the same relation, and measuring the dimension you need.

For example, you take a full body picture, and you stand say 5 feet, 10 inches tall (for sake of making everything hard) and you import that into inventor, or some other CAD program that will give you actual dimensions.

In inventor (or choice of program) say it says the picture is 8 inches top to bottom, of that, you take up 7.5 inches of that picture.

Set 7.5 to equal 5'10 (70 inches), which will give you the scale of 9.333. (70/7.5) So from that, say your head on the picture measures 0.75 inches across. Multiple that by your scale (9.333) to get 6.99975 or about 7 inches. To double check, have someone use a measuring tape or calipers (if you're feeling adventurous). If it's a little bit bigger, slowly adjust the scale of that part until it's the correct size. Say your head is actually 7.5 inches across. You can take that info and should be able to stick it right into PD (after converting it to mm) and then your part is scaled. Rinse and repeat!

Also, for the scaling, I'd recommend figuring out which is your X, Y, and Z axis in relations to the model, then either taking a picture of yourself in the same relation, and measuring the dimension you need.

For example, you take a full body picture, and you stand say 5 feet, 10 inches tall (for sake of making everything hard) and you import that into inventor, or some other CAD program that will give you actual dimensions.

In inventor (or choice of program) say it says the picture is 8 inches top to bottom, of that, you take up 7.5 inches of that picture.

Set 7.5 to equal 5'10 (70 inches), which will give you the scale of 9.333. (70/7.5) So from that, say your head on the picture measures 0.75 inches across. Multiple that by your scale (9.333) to get 6.99975 or about 7 inches. To double check, have someone use a measuring tape or calipers (if you're feeling adventurous). If it's a little bit bigger, slowly adjust the scale of that part until it's the correct size. Say your head is actually 7.5 inches across. You can take that info and should be able to stick it right into PD (after converting it to mm) and then your part is scaled. Rinse and repeat!

I've had a look and tried it out but I cant make out whet I'm supposed to be doing, I'm just blundering around right now :/

There are some awesome illustrated guides to all of this stuff in some of the other forums. But from my experience, blundering around is one of the best ways to learn new software. I screwed around in 3DSMax, AutoCAD, Netfabb, etc. for days until I figured out exactly how to do what I wanted. Worded tutorials get very confusing, and youtube videos are hard to follow if you don't have the same version of the software (if they're working with older versions) so I just fiddle with things mostly.

Here is an awesome resource thread from over in the Halo Pepakura forum.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41890

There are some awesome illustrated guides to all of this stuff in some of the other forums. But from my experience, blundering around is one of the best ways to learn new software. I screwed around in 3DSMax, AutoCAD, Netfabb, etc. for days until I figured out exactly how to do what I wanted. Worded tutorials get very confusing, and youtube videos are hard to follow if you don't have the same version of the software (if they're working with older versions) so I just fiddle with things mostly.

Here is an awesome resource thread from over in the Halo Pepakura forum.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41890

Thanks man, I'll have a looksee :)

Hey, MonsterMask, was going to find some Pep files for my friend, not so good with the software yet, but would you mind sharing the Pep files with me as well? Would be a great start to my cosplay collection. Thanks!

K

Alright. Thabks!! I tried using the files from stl generator in pepakura designer but can't figure out the unfolding stage xD
yes this is tricky parts. Files from destinygenerator are made not for pepakura. You just need to improvise with unfold and sometimes just cut off if your piece will be to big to glue to main body etc. I will try to check this on my laptop. Just give me 2 days pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back