Devilsson2010's Pepakura Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsson2010

Well I decided to start a thread instead of a blog to show my progress on my armor. I want to get it done by halloween. On october 4th I rode my bike down to Staples and got a glue gun, glue gun sticks (the stuff you put in the glue gun), and some 110 lb paper.

Hot Glue Gun, 110 lb Paper, and Glue Gun Sticks (all from Staples)

picture005oz9.jpg

Always Have scissors!

picture007xf0.jpg

This is why you need scissors:

picture008wh5.jpg

About half-way through the folding and cutting process I realized it was going to be too small so I had to print it out on a bigger scale and I have cut and folded it already. I am now attempting to put it together (I'll post pictures in a few, I'm really getting into this thing :) ).

how many sheets of card stock.. .depending on scale( me using 28.75892 something like that) im goin to use abiut 170 sheets

I didn't have a working camera while I made the helmet so I couldn't get any shots of it "naked," I guess... Anyway tomorrow when I wake up I'll get some pictures of the actualy paper building part completed. It's like 2:30 AM... I think I'm crashing now from sugar and lack of sleep. I'll see-- zzzZZZzzZZZZzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZ...

Print your patterns on the opposite side of the paper, thats what I did when I forgot to scale a peice of my arm, I just made sure to keep things tidy so I didnt forget which side is which.

AoBfrost said:
Print your patterns on the opposite side of the paper, thats what I did when I forgot to scale a peice of my arm, I just made sure to keep things tidy so I didnt forget which side is which.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but then I knew I was going to forget which side I wanted. So then I just used a pen to cross out the bad side. Also, I did a gauntlet which I think is too big but I wouldn't know, also I did the croch part but I had to make the waist a little bigger because I'm a big man :). Still don't have a working camera :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back