Did Anyone Else Notice This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Ok I've seen a few of the previews and I've seen the Iron Man 2 movie twice now. In the previews for the movie one of the scenes was with Pepper Potts kissing his helmet I think and throwing it out the back of the plane with Tony saying you complete me before jumping out after it, another one of the preview scenes is of Tony allowing a model or a person at his party to fire his repulsor I don't remember now, but still the point here is they changed 2 parts in the movie is'nt that in some way false advertisement? I mean in some way those two scenes that they changed may have made the movie better.

I'm not sure but in the first movie they also cut one part out, the ground pound if I'm correct. but yeah, they didn't show those parts!

I actually saw both of those, i think? perhaps i'm just mingling the trailer together with the movie.

Yeah it's very common for movie trailers to do this. Sometimes it's a completely missing scene (such as Tony letting Natasha fire his repulsor) and sometimes they just use different camera angles for the trailer than whats in the film.

This is a case-and-point example of why they have those "special feature" DVD's n such. Im sure it will all be on some "extended" version or something like that. (my 2 cents)

See this post over on CBM, they talk about the two scenes from the trailer that were removed.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=17833

There's heaps of other interesting stuff over there too, like the IM2 easter eggs :)

They do it all the time too and since trailers or previews come out way before the finished movie in most cases it's more like beta footage. Stuff they may have had on hand at the time they needed a preview to go out but found it didn't fit the film once it was all cut together.

Well there's nothing to add on the subject other than yes, I noticed it too. Now did anyone think that end fight scene with Whiplash end way way to quickly? His intro was more epic than the ending with his part.

The final fight with Whiplash was anticlimatic due to the length of the fight. They should have done a better job on it.

Dam. So it's like Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen all over again?

Well at least I know this time round.

Theyre not alterations, theyre small bits cut out to make the movie shorter. No, It isnt "Somehow False Advertisment", that's just putting a negative twist on something that didnt make it in the movie. It most likely wasnt their plan to have it cut out of the movie, and yes Queen, they have done that with several movies, and yes, it will most likely be in DVD.

Texan2012 said:
The final fight with Whiplash was anticlimatic due to the length of the fight. They should have done a better job on it.

Actually it makes sense for the fight to be pretty short. I mean its Iron Man and War Machine vs Whiplash. 2 on 1. Not only that, Ivan is completely new to the suit upgrade so hes not able to fight as good as Iron Man, who is pretty experienced with the suit. Also it was always a suicide mission with Vanko. His intentions was to "make God bleed".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back