Digital Pattern Spartan Pep/Foam build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one beautiful build, then you step it up with such a unique paint scheme. I didn't think I would but I love this man!
Keep up the good work,
Tom.

Fantastic! I am lovin it

Thank you, thank you.

This is one beautiful build, then you step it up with such a unique paint scheme. I didn't think I would but I love this man!
Keep up the good work,
Tom.

I really appreciate the nice comments. Glad I could change your mind! I'm still working on making a video for the digital paint job. I hope to have it out in the next few days.

So in one day I got both thighs done and created.....I think I just fell in luv....

P1030614.jpg

P1030615.jpg

P1030616.jpg

I'll be painting these tomorrow.

Extremely clean thighs. You sir, are a god amongst foam. I might have to try this since I dont have the ability to do pep files overseas. Do you use templates? Or is everything freehanded?

Extremely clean thighs. You sir, are a god amongst foam. I might have to try this since I dont have the ability to do pep files overseas. Do you use templates? Or is everything freehanded?

I'm just a noob, but tyvm for the vote of confidence!

Looking good. . . Love the paint scheme. Keep up the good work.
Loving the paint set up so far, Makes it a one of a kind.:D

Thank you very much guys. It takes a little bit longer, but I think the results are worth it :)

UPDATE:
I'm done with the thighs!!!

P1030617.jpg

P1030619.jpg

P1030622.jpg

Now onto the shins!!

Rabbit,

Here are the pics you asked for:
P1030623.jpg

P1030624.jpg

P1030625.jpg

I didn't do alot of camo on the back because I figured I'd be sitting and I didn't want to put alot of work into a section of highly proable paint damage. Also noone is going to be looking closely between my thighs, so I didn't do much there either.

I think it blends in with the other pieces. What do you guys think?

HELP

Ok guys I'm good all the way down to the knee cap, but now the shins are being really dumb. I've tried the old shin....which is way too short to look right with how thick it gets in the back. Now I'm looking at the newer slimmer shin that I don't think I can get my foot through/rub blisters in my calves for the height I'm putting into pep. Any lessons learned/helpful measuring tips would be most welcome....The project is stalled until I get this figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
They look awesome Doc, you'd never be able to tell they started out as floor mats once they're on you.

Because of how disproportionate the game characters are, it's tough to get the shins to fit right. I've seen people make them the correct height, and then modify the calves to actually be human sized. As for getting your foot in, turn the shin 180 degrees around, put your foot through, and then turn at back around.

You could also split the shin piece into two parts, and either clip them together to put them on, or use a strip of cloth or thin, flexible foam on one side and a zipper or other connector on the other side. That could also be working into the details of the actual part, if you look closely in-game there is a line on both sides of the shin and what look like connectors on said line.

I've been watching your build for a while now, and every time I see you do something more I have to hunt around the floor for my lower jaw! You're an amazing builder!

Thank you guys. I appreciate it. I'll keep those hints in mind with the next one!

I found a completely new and different shin that I "think" may work. It's a conceptual shin in the 405th file share directory. I half pep'd it out today and I'll finish the job tomorrow. I'm just tired and my hands are a bit sore from going so damn fast. But I'll have some pics of it up tomorrow because...

I can rest when I'm dead.

Oh and the boots will probably look pretty simple, but I'm doing them outta foam....See ya guys tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back