Digital Pattern Spartan Pep/Foam build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys here is the concept that I'm going to do out of foam tomorrow.....hopefully.....

P1030630.jpg

P1030629.jpg

Also I was asked to post a pic of the patterns I used for the thighs......VERY EASY!!!

P1030631.jpg

I taped them together just like that and traced them. The thigh inner lining was done in foamie with only the top line of the pattern being traced. I added 9in to the top most layer, then 5in for the next, then 3in for the last smallest piece. I found it was a TOTAL bitch to get the top layer in and keep the shape so I got it in smooth and f'd up and then free hand cut (with scissors) where the line was supposed to fall.....Not jamming up in my nuts.

There ya go, I hope that helps.

Ok here is how it turned out:
P1030632.jpg

P1030633.jpg

P1030634.jpg

P1030635.jpg

Guys please let me know what you think. I ran out of black foamie to The other will have to wait till later.

So I finished both, I'm going to paint then add the black foamie parts....They're already black...no need to paint them over and over again just to paint them black again.

P1030636.jpg

P1030637.jpg

P1030638.jpg

I think they came out pretty symetrical. Again, done in 1 day. I'm going to do the boots tomorrow and paint them all together. I'll update after the painting is done in a day or two. Feel free ask questions, tell me I'm full of it.....Ya know friendly kinda stuff!

Well guys the build is almost done. I just need to paint and assemble!!

P1030641.jpg

P1030642.jpg

I'm not putting alot of detail into the armour itself because the digi camo will....um.....camoflage it. LoL.

I'm planning on making a halo 4 build next. I was going to go back over this whole suit and do it out of EVA, but I am not sure.....Please let me know what you think. I wanted to do an Operator helmet, and a new left/right forearm for this build.

GIVE ME FEEDBACK.......Um, thanks guys....*jitter*Coffee was a bit strong today.*jitter*

UPDATE:

I'm DONE!!! I have some small tweeks, but I'm done!! I'm going to go ahead and make a new helm and new forearms. They need to be made. I also need to tweek a few things for the biceps and a little work on the shins, but here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P1030658.jpg

P1030652.jpg

P1030650.jpg

P1030648.jpg

P1030646.jpg

Let me know what you think, also I'm almost done with the digi camo video.

Should I start a new thread with the finished product?

what file did you use for the shins? looks like the in game shin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back