District 9 Determins Halo Movie's Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

According to Yahoo's special District 9 website

If you want the Halo movie to come out, you need to help make District 9 a box office success, so that perhaps the studios will finally let Jackson and Blomkamp make the notoriously high-budget video game adaptation.

It sounds like, you better watch or Halo ain't happening

Though I kinda don't care whether or not the movie comes out the games are good enough for me. I probably will see District 9 though.

The Yahoo website is incorrect. Blomkamp says he wants nothing to do with it, and Jackson is off on other projects now. Both confirmed their moving away at SDCC.

Peter Cooper said:
The Yahoo website is incorrect. Blomkamp says he wants nothing to do with it, and Jackson is off on other projects now. Both confirmed their moving away at SDCC.

Yeah pretty much, here's a vid I foun the other day with the info:

Link

Hopefully the link works

I can understand Neill's opinion of it all, can't have been fun to have it yanked after spending so much time on the movie.

In other news, District 9 will rock! I think so at least... that's not hard to tell though, just look at my avatar :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would at least unlock all the production designs out of that file cabinet.

Yeah! I REALLY want to see guiermo's idea for the Mkv helmet's mouth ha talked about in the hellboy II commentary...

Hey... Maybe HE still has some thoughts for the Halo movie...

Unless somebody else picks up Halo, nothing is going to happen until 2012 atleast. Jackson is working on "The Hobbit" (2010 I believe) and "The Hobbit 2" (2011 I believe). The Halo movie isn't getting made until those movies are finished, Jackson gets a script togeather, and they get funds. Unless Steven Spielberg picks this up, or there is one other hell of a directer, the Halo movie isn't going to bo worth seeing or even waiting for.

i'm gunna go watch district 9. it looks promising but not cause anyone tells me to regardless of promises or lies. i wanna see the movie cause i wanna see the movie, lol

...and if you don't clap your hands Tinkerbell will die.

They should have said, if D9 isn't a smash hit, then the SyFy Channel will make the Halo movie. EVERYONE would go see D9!

I think it's more accurate to say that without the attempted Halo movie, District 9 would have never happened.

I've heard PJ say in interviews that he's actually happier that they didn't make the Halo movie because it forced he and Neil to move on to a more original IP for the movie.

I know what they've said about not being interested anymore, but I think the District 9 is still integral to the future of the Halo movie. Microsoft will be watching the box office results very closely pondering if they made the right decision. Should the movie be a smash success I'd have to hazard that they may be more inclined to approve the next deal for a Halo film.

I have to say that I'm intrigued with the mention of Guierrmo Del Toro. I know he's a big Halo fan, and already very close to Bungie... Not sure how faithful his translation of the film would be though.

Well, Annie and I are going to go see D9 whether or not the Halo movie depends on it. We've liked what we've heard about it. I really liked what Del Torro did with Hellboy, but I'd be a little leery of what he'd do on Halo. Of course, he could also turn out to be a face-meltingly awesome sci-fi director and do a great job on it, too.

Peter Cooper said:
I am pretty sure the last thing I would ever want to see is Guillermo del Toro's "Halo".

Why? Just because he's never done anything like it before, doesn't mean he SHOULDN'T do it. All of his previous movies have been great, and his "bad" movies are still better than some's best.

Even if it's not faithful, it will still be good on it's own guranteed.

I will say one thing I like about del Toro is he tends to lean toward practical effects over CGI which is nice, and Pan's Labyrinth definitely shows he can do something fantastic and dramatic set within a war.

Well, now I want to watch Pan's Labyrinth again, but it's hard to pep and read subtitles. Dangit.

Edit: And if people are worried because it isn't something he's done before, well that's the attitude people at Universal/Fox had about Blomkamp. Gotta give the guy a chance. =P

And look what Blamkamp's done. Halo is RIGHT up his alley.... But he seems to have put uo a barbed wire fence over that alley.

Trooper0621 said:
I will say one thing I like about del Toro is he tends to lean toward practical effects over CGI which is nice, and Pan's Labyrinth definitely shows he can do something fantastic and dramatic set within a war.

Well, now I want to watch Pan's Labyrinth again, but it's hard to pep and read subtitles. Dangit.

Edit: And if people are worried because it isn't something he's done before, well that's the attitude people at Universal/Fox had about Blomkamp. Gotta give the guy a chance. =P

ah man i loved pan's labyrinth, it was so freaky an had me wincing at the possible pain induced by the young girls step father but it was awesome nonetheless! an i was excited when i found out that he did work on hellboy before it came out, VERY excited.

I think he'd make awesome brutes and elites and all the other alien creatures very well! I wouldn't be super hyped about him doing it, but I would look forward to seeing what kind of representation he would give such a movie. it would definitely be good in it's own rights. if it wasn't to the exact script of the series it would still have it's own beauty and awesome story i'm sure. if anything i'd love for him to be in a team of directors working together to make it. i think halo is too big of a project for a small group to handle, it's gotta go big or go home ^^b

Peter Cooper said:
I am pretty sure the last thing I would ever want to see is Guillermo del Toro's "Halo".

But seriously.... Elaborate on this...

He was talking FACE TO FACE with bungie. That leaked script was going to be his I think.

I think we won't see a Halo film for a long time until a group of producers and director can get their stuff straight before hand. But for now D-9 is what our Blomkamp Halo movie would have looked like in effects and style. But you never know if the studios are impressed by D-9 and the attendance nationally or internationally then they might force Jackson and Neil to do the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back