Djronic's Halo: Reach EOD helm/full suit - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks :) Yer chestpiece and shoulders are lookin nice as well thorn. While lookin on PsH's link posted I realized I made my helm off an outdated file of it. The new one seems to have properly scaled rebreather attachments. I'll try and get those pepped and set in the helmet tomorrow. Perhaps even finish up my bicep pieces, who knows? :p

Small Update

Made the Rebreathers from the newer EOD file and its fits pretty well. What little parts are off will easily be fixed by the bondo :) Padding is set up and fits a bit snugly, which is good as they will break in a bit over time. Hopefully will get the whole deal smoothed out and painted this weekend.

Here be a couple o pics

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Nice!! Just printed mine out! And I do believe the chin pieces are optional, correct? They look like a pain to try to implement on helmet.

And do you pan on doing any bondo work or different colors?
The helmet looks sick as it is with all its blocky face parts.

Good Job!

Thanks Gallard :) The chin pieces completely optional and certainly easier to do without them. Will take a good deal of work to make em fit at a good angle. I think it'll be worth it for me tho. I like the look ef em and they'll make a good space for decoration. Thinkin i'll put slow pulsing LED's shining from the vents on the back of em. I plan on leaving the blocky look on the face and sides, but smoothing with bondo the top and back. Trying to match the in-game model as best as I can. Same with paint scheme, planning on matching the in-game black (steel I think it's called) and paint all the different shades of gray and black that go with that. What with my printer actin up and not printin peps for me to cut on... I'll have plenty of time to focus on just this piece.

This helmet is so bad ass. I never really liked the EOD before, but the reach one looks so much better. You did a phenomenal job on constructing this one. It looks very good. I can’t wait to see it completed. Where did you get the file? Anyways, great job & good luck with the rest of the build.

You bet I am! It pretty much rocks, many thanks for making it. A most excellent model of the helmet and very fun to build :) At some point when my printer stops goofing off i'll likely pep up yer reach collar/breacher as well. Read in that breacher thread that you were thinking of doing your own reach filebase. Looking forward to seeing what you make next. A full reach chestpiece to go with the collar mayhaps? : P

i made my Breacher attachment to be built onto the Lexbluriver chest, it seemed to be the most accurate chest, and remains to be, if ya want my advice, make ya' chest first, then the breacher :3

i made my Breacher attachment to be built onto the Lexbluriver chest, it seemed to be the most accurate chest, and remains to be, if ya want my advice, make ya' chest first, then the breacher :3

Sooo glad to hear that it was made for the L3X chest! I need to finish up on some stuff then its on to the breacher!
Thanks!

Wow, that looks awesome. Are you going to sand the back, or is the EOD helmet suppose to be boxy? When I look at people's EOD helmets with the breathers, it always looks really weird to me since something sticks out, but I look at the actual helmet I have on reach and... I have the breathers.

Did you really use 3/4 of an inch of smoothcast? That sounds like a lot ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back