Do I HAVE to glass armor when mudding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiba963

Like does fiberglass have to be done, or is mudding just fine cause there really isn't mudding tut with full details on it. I know of the great vids in armor videos, but they don't classify it.

If youre referring to rondo then no, but laying basic fiberglass would help if the model didnt come with support struts or warping could occur(which happens to me very often)

What are you going to be mudding?

i know when i made my armour, i just used the rondo inside, but if your think you will be sitting or kneeling i reccomend galssing with the rondo (so mudding) as the rondo could crack and the fiberglass would reinforce that.
i wasnt sitting or anything in mine so rondo just worked perfectly :)

If youre referring to rondo then no, but laying basic fiberglass would help if the model didnt come with support struts or warping could occur(which happens to me very often)

What are you going to be mudding?

I'm gonna be mudding a my reach armor and helmet and it's gonna be hard to glass the helmet if I rondo it. Is there a flex foam tut to show how it works?

It matters how many layers you do. Rondo is pretty solid by itself but you may want add some strips between 2-5 layers depending on thickness. Don't put it in too early or you might sand into it. However, if you put in 7-15 layers, you're fine without it.

im a noob too, i just rondo'ed my helmet yesterday. as i was admiring my work i tripped on a power cord and i dropped it and it put a huge crack in the side. so im putting a layer of glass down and rondoing over it to fix it. What i'm doing with the other parts of armor is a layer of glass then a layer of rondo then glass then more rondo. hope it works well. So yeah, Rondo will break, i learned that first hand. just be careful when handling it. good luck!

im a noob too, i just rondo'ed my helmet yesterday. as i was admiring my work i tripped on a power cord and i dropped it and it put a huge crack in the side. so im putting a layer of glass down and rondoing over it to fix it. What i'm doing with the other parts of armor is a layer of glass then a layer of rondo then glass then more rondo. hope it works well. So yeah, Rondo will break, i learned that first hand. just be careful when handling it. good luck!

Know that rondo doesn't seep through fiberglass. Make sure it's completely flat or you'll have airbubbles.

I would suggest slushing a layer of Rondo Mud in your armor, letting it almost cure, then putting fiberglass cloth down on the still-tacky mud (It should stick there pretty easily) and slushing another layer of mud. Should be really strong, and shouldn't take too much time. Plus, you won't have to form the glass to sharp details, as the first layer fills them. However, you get added strength from a layer of rigid glass.

I would suggest slushing a layer of Rondo Mud in your armor, letting it almost cure, then putting fiberglass cloth down on the still-tacky mud (It should stick there pretty easily) and slushing another layer of mud. Should be really strong, and shouldn't take too much time. Plus, you won't have to form the glass to sharp details, as the first layer fills them. However, you get added strength from a layer of rigid glass.

that's not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back