DO NOT ATTEMPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

I was reading Gizmodo.com today and saw this photo, I felt it was post worthy to show.

thumb463x_deathwish.JPG

These idiots are floating a surge protector (THAT IS ON) on two flip flops in their swimming pool, one flip of those flops, and the guys inside will be dead.

Btw, do not attempt.

Computer? They're using an electric grill if I see that correctly. Also, this has been on digg for about 2 days entitled: "First Darwin Award Candidate 2008?"

Still nice/funny to see though.

EDIT:
Beat me by two minutes, since I was checking if the digg title was correct.

I sure hope this sort of stuff happens more.

That way, accidents will happen. People will be killed. And morons who don't have any common sense will be removed from the breeding population.

They probably haven't got the power on.....in which case they're purposely trying to look like idiots! :oops:
IDIOTS!

Primal Weyland said:
I sure hope this sort of stuff happens more.

That way, accidents will happen. People will be killed. And morons who don't have any common sense will be removed from the breeding population.
...ok thats a little too much...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fragclone said:
...ok thats a little too much...

Not at all. I'm serious here - all electrical and socket-powered appliances come with a warning - do not operate near water or sources of water. It's well-documented that water conducts electricity, and as RedTogusa said, they're probably trying to look like idiots.

If they're not, and there's a current flowing through that cable, I want to know exactly what gave those people such a bright idea. Chances are if they really are that dim they probably can't hold down a job for long enough to afford a medical bill should there be an accident.

You cant force your "electricity + water = death" ideology on others, if they want to play "life and death pancake pool party" let them.

Holy mother blanking blank!

God damn it. I really hope their trying to look like idiots, if its plugged then...Damn.

Primal Weyland said:
Not at all. I'm serious here - all electrical and socket-powered appliances come with a warning - do not operate near water or sources of water. It's well-documented that water conducts electricity, and as RedTogusa said, they're probably trying to look like idiots.

If they're not, and there's a current flowing through that cable, I want to know exactly what gave those people such a bright idea. Chances are if they really are that dim they probably can't hold down a job for long enough to afford a medical bill should there be an accident.
i was refering to the part where you said "people will be killed"... that could've been left out.

AoBfrost said:
You cant force your "electricity + water = death" ideology on others, if they want to play "life and death pancake pool party" let them.

OK, Frostie. You immerse one paw in water, then jam a fork into an active electrical socket, and we'll soon see who's being ideological.

It's simple science, kids, and if you don't respect scienticic laws, people freaking DIE. So if these nimrods are floating an active electrical socket over a pool they're IN, good riddance if they get a buzz!

Primal Weyland said:
OK, Frostie. You immerse one paw in water, then jam a fork into an active electrical socket, and we'll soon see who's being ideological.

It's simple science, kids, and if you don't respect scienticic laws, people freaking DIE. So if these nimrods are floating an active electrical socket over a pool they're IN, good riddance if they get a buzz!
Please tell me you are the same person who said that kid with the fake gun deserved to be shot, because this forum sure couldn't use another one of you.

spartan -1 Caboose said:
Please tell me you are the same person who said that kid with the fake gun deserved to be shot, because this forum sure couldn't use another one of you.

Excuse me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back