does anybody know how to install a new pc game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Kill

Sr Member
Hey 405th, this is Road Kill
I just bought a pc game yesterday and i cna't seem to figure out how to install tha game and start playing. This will be the first time that i have ever bought or played a pc game and i am really confused. The game is Battlefield Bad Company 2 and all the computer stuff like how much more room do have on your computer stuff is I don't know. I will appreciate it if anyone could help me with some advice and stuff like that :)

-Thanks Road Kill

I'm guessing when you put it in your computer the Autoplay does'nt come up? If so Click on My Computer, Click on your CD drive by right clicking and selecting Explore and there should be a file that says Setup on the disk. If you want to check disk space on your HD right click on your Hard Drive on My Computer and click on Properties.

Your going to need to make sure that your computer is up to the minimum requirements. If you've never played a PC game, then theres a chance that your system is'nt up to par.
Gryphon-

Your going to need to make sure that your computer is up to the minimum requirements. If you've never played a PC game, then theres a chance that your system is'nt up to par.
Gryphon-

Right, and you can check that by going to your PC's control panel and then access the file that says system, you can check your stuff with the requirements either on the game case or on the website for the game.

Okay, first question, what year was your PC built, and by what manufacturer? (Better: tell me what the model name and/or number is)

I tried to do everything that you guys have said, but when i put the game in the disk drive and go to the start menu and click run and type whatever and it says you have to insert a disk in to the disk drive even though there is already a disk in there. I cleaned my computer so i am going to see if it works.
@SchizophrenicMC, the pc was built about 4-5 years ago and that i think is why it doesn't work also because it is so old and it is made by hp
there is also more than half free space on my computer

Your available hard drive space is a negligible concern, in most games. But that's your problem, there. Your PC is old, and it's an HP. I have an HP, myself, built 3 years ago, and it's put together to such a low standard of quality and power, I can't get Halo CE to run, most times. (In fact, I'm running into a recurring issue, where it won't switch out of the loading screen. I feel I may need new graphics card drivers)

Really, it's gettin' time to build yourself a new rig. If'n you wanna be a PC gamer, make a PC you can game on. :)

Also is the game a DVD-PC game or a CD Game because if it's a DVD game and you have a CD drive that could be why it's not working.

Your available hard drive space is a negligible concern, in most games. But that's your problem, there. Your PC is old, and it's an HP. I have an HP, myself, built 3 years ago, and it's put together to such a low standard of quality and power, I can't get Halo CE to run, most times. (In fact, I'm running into a recurring issue, where it won't switch out of the loading screen. I feel I may need new graphics card drivers)

Really, it's gettin' time to build yourself a new rig. If'n you wanna be a PC gamer, make a PC you can game on. :)

yah i am going to get a new computer in about a year or so, so hopefully i get to play it at least once

Also is the game a DVD-PC game or a CD Game because if it's a DVD game and you have a CD drive that could be why it's not working.

it says DVD/CD rom on my computer so i think the computer is to old and has no more room on it so yah sucks i can't play :(

It's more likely that your graphics card isn't up to par. What is the game's required spec for Graphics Memory? Next, go to Control Panel -> System and look for your computer's model. Tell me that.

This sucks to hear but if you decide not to upgrade your PC, and the store won't take it back, let me know and I'll help you out by paying the price you paid for it and shipping to send it to me. If that intrests you I'll get my next check in about 2 weeks.

Reminds me: I'm gearin' up to build me a new rig, come January. Goin' for the Phenom II X4 and a Radeon 5800. Gon' get 16 gigs of RAM and a 2TB hard drive to top it off.

This sucks to hear but if you decide not to upgrade your PC, and the store won't take it back, let me know and I'll help you out by paying the price you paid for it and shipping to send it to me. If that intrests you I'll get my next check in about 2 weeks.

no that's ok i might just take it back and they said i could take it back so i might just do that and get the money back, but thanks though :)

Reminds me: I'm gearin' up to build me a new rig, come January. Goin' for the Phenom II X4 and a Radeon 5800. Gon' get 16 gigs of RAM and a 2TB hard drive to top it off.

that is pretty sweet and the video card requirment is 512 MB or greater and the computer model is a windows XP home edition, made in 2002, Hewllet-Packard, Pavilion, Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU, 1200 MHz, and 1.20 GHz, 512 MB of Ram

1200MHz is the same as 1.2GHz, for future reference.

But, there's your problem. Your system is so outdated, (8 years, holy crap) and so low-spec, I'm astounded you're running a browser newer than IE6. I mean, my Pavilion a1710n, manned in '07, is running twice those specs (literally), and I'm struggling to run. Given, I'm running Vista, but still, man.

My suggestion: if you want to play games, get a new PC. Build one, for best value.

to be honest you couldn't run BFBC2 at the bare minimum settings on that machine. BFBC2 is a very cpu intensive game. I'm running it on a c2d 6750 at medium settings, and on my main machine which is a core i7 930 overclocked to 3.8ghz at max settings. A 1.2 Ghz Celeron isn't touching this game, if you have a ps3 or 360 just buy it on one of those. It's a great game, and definitely a step forward in the way modern day first person shooters should be.

weak processor, and videocard....why do you need so much ram by the way? and why would you not go six core AMD with a 6 series radeon? I'm an Intel guy, but f I had to downgrade to an AMD cpu it certainly wouldn't be for any less than a six core especially as cheap as they are.

Downgrade? Dude, the Phenom II X4's a 3.2GHz CPU, STOCK. I overclock it, I'm hedging my bets to at least 3.5. And the Radeon 5-8's running past spec for what I seen on most nVidia cards.

I'm running on something we in the lower class call a budget. Just because it's not the best stuff, doesn't mean it ain't good. I'm getting more bang for my buck with an X4 than I would be, any other processor and chipset. Shooting for the X6 would put me out the $50 I need for my power supply.

Oh, and, so much RAM, because I do a lot of memory-intensive stuff, and, well, as a screw-you to the world because my motherboard's got 4 DDR3 slots, and 7 can take it.

But, I fail to see how 3.2GHz and the Radeon 5-8 series are weak. They may not be top-of-the-line Intel-nVidia, but, it's hella better'n what I got.

1200MHz is the same as 1.2GHz, for future reference.

But, there's your problem. Your system is so outdated, (8 years, holy crap) and so low-spec, I'm astounded you're running a browser newer than IE6. I mean, my Pavilion a1710n, manned in '07, is running twice those specs (literally), and I'm struggling to run. Given, I'm running Vista, but still, man.

My suggestion: if you want to play games, get a new PC. Build one, for best value.

yah it is kinda crazy and thanks for all the help so far :)

to be honest you couldn't run BFBC2 at the bare minimum settings on that machine. BFBC2 is a very cpu intensive game. I'm running it on a c2d 6750 at medium settings, and on my main machine which is a core i7 930 overclocked to 3.8ghz at max settings. A 1.2 Ghz Celeron isn't touching this game, if you have a ps3 or 360 just buy it on one of those. It's a great game, and definitely a step forward in the way modern day first person shooters should be.

weak processor, and videocard....why do you need so much ram by the way? and why would you not go six core AMD with a 6 series radeon? I'm an Intel guy, but f I had to downgrade to an AMD cpu it certainly wouldn't be for any less than a six core especially as cheap as they are.

yah i have a 360 but it doesn't really read any games so that kinda sucks

Downgrade? Dude, the Phenom II X4's a 3.2GHz CPU, STOCK. I overclock it, I'm hedging my bets to at least 3.5. And the Radeon 5-8's running past spec for what I seen on most nVidia cards.

I'm running on something we in the lower class call a budget. Just because it's not the best stuff, doesn't mean it ain't good. I'm getting more bang for my buck with an X4 than I would be, any other processor and chipset. Shooting for the X6 would put me out the $50 I need for my power supply.

Oh, and, so much RAM, because I do a lot of memory-intensive stuff, and, well, as a screw-you to the world because my motherboard's got 4 DDR3 slots, and 7 can take it.

But, I fail to see how 3.2GHz and the Radeon 5-8 series are weak. They may not be top-of-the-line Intel-nVidia, but, it's hella better'n what I got.

What ram intensive programs are you using that would require 12 gigs if I may ask? It seems to me like a waste of money especially since you say you're on a budget.

What ram intensive programs are you using that would require 12 gigs if I may ask? It seems to me like a waste of money especially since you say you're on a budget.
Not single programs, but I have a nasty tendency to want to open 14 different windows at once.

In any case, the upgrade from 8 to 16 gigs is cheaper than buying a better graphics card and CPU, and lets me shift constant processing to memory and spiked processing sessions. Three friends, my dad, and I, all think this is the way to go on my budget. Also, I wanna splurge somewhere, and I figure matching my processor frequency with my RAM frequency is a funny way to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back