Does Anyone Share This Opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haji

Cant say im a big fan of the gameplay style of halo, awsome story though. I enjoyed the first one and i was sick of the 3rd one within a month. I just thought the armor was cool.

anyone share this or am the only one? I also dont plan on buying odst since it was completely the oppisite of what i was hoping for. (i was thinking along the lines of republic commando)

i loved the game but the second i got cod4 i dropped it completely except for some occasional custom games involving vehicles cod4 didnt have

biggest turn down on ODST was that it wasnt featuring its own matchmaking. C'mon guys firefight didnt impress me at all. Its nothing revolutionary and we've a lready seen this: Horde mode in gears of war and Nazi zomies from world at war and we all know these game types get repetiive rather quickly, well less repetive on nazi zombies

C'mon guys firefight didnt impress me at all. Its nothing revolutionary and we've a lready seen this: Horde mode in gears of war and Nazi zomies from world at war and we all know these game types get repetiive rather quickly, well less repetive on nazi zombies

That maybe true, but its something Bungie hasn't done before. Alot of Halo fans would love a Horde style gameplay in the Halo series.

Besides, who wouldn't want to kill wave after wave of Covenant scum with some friends.

-Pony

I think only halo:CE and the covenant mission on halo 3,and the mission called "Halo" on halo 3 were awesome

Halo 2 sucked $#!T.

i am haji said:
biggest turn down on ODST was that it wasnt featuring its own matchmaking. C'mon guys firefight didnt impress me at all. Its nothing revolutionary and we've a lready seen this: Horde mode in gears of war and Nazi zomies from world at war and we all know these game types get repetiive rather quickly, well less repetive on nazi zombies

I suppose you've completely forgotten about the Reach Online Multiplayer Beta?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea thats why my friend is preo-ordering it, and now MW2 is going to have a hord mode with claymores and snipers, its nothing to get excited over.

It was better than expected but, yes it does get dull. Not a big Call of Duty fan, it's an amazing game of course but, not my kinda thing.

Im getting an impression reach is still going to be similar the rest of the installments... Id really like to see the killzone 2 style gameplay on a 360 game with motion blur and camera wobbles when you move, iron sights etc, gives the "your in the pit of the battle" feeling

possibly a marine game for the future :D

mtion blur... every game has. camera wobble. boreing and people get disorented alot. iron sights yea i get the point of it in real life and not a technologicaly advaced future as halo.

i get that you hate halo. i loved one was a little bored in halo 2 minus multiplayer. halo 3 has some nice features but are still kinda plain and straight forward. halo 3 was far to scripted and you have no room to breathe unlike in halo. halo 2 had the same feel scripted no breatheing room. so i can simpithise with you on some parts but dont compare it to other games cause the other games arent made by bungie so they cant copy things. and odst has something in firefight every other zombie or horde mode doesnt have. skulls!

oh and as for reach. i hope it will be more of a open world huge amounts of covies more spartians. no straight forward seeing this and that then you have to go turn this corner cause you cant go anywhere else. also cause we are on reach does this mean we mught go throuh spartain training? or think maybe this game has nukes, or flying long swords, space battles? who knows.

i am haji said:

Maybe you should consider the fact that the game is just an expansion?

Exeryone seems to have forotten this.

Why the hell doesn anyone thing bungie's trying to be revolutinary either? Do you honestly think firefight is going to play exactlly the same as horde? Sure it has the same wave system, but the game style is different. THAT'S where the draw is. YOu might as well say the same way about the slayer game varient. It's the same thing as deathmach in any other game, so why have it? Shallow logic.

f*** killzone 2. f*** iron sights. THis is Halo god damn it. It's set 500 years in the future. When we have helmet uplinked scopes, who the HELL is going to use ironsights?

Why have an iron sights option? because ODSTS arent super humans and should have added this aspect to add to the feel you are more vunrable and rely more on the old fashion way.

with the game still retaining its similar mechanics, Whats the difference between a spartan and a odst?

xalener said:
Maybe you should consider the fact that the game is just an expansion?

Exeryone seems to have forotten this.

Halo 3: ODST started off as an expansion pack. However (I believe), though it shares the same "Halo 3" name, it's a separate game. The graphics seem a bit better, as well as added animations (the "tripod" legs on the S2 moving freely). I also hope (guessing from narrative in the "Desperate Measures" video) that we get to fly Pelicans.

Overall, Halo 3: ODST should be very different from Halo 3, both in gameplay and game mechanics.

i am haji said:
with the game still retaining its similar mechanics, Whats the difference between a spartan and a odst?

The game won't retain it's mechanics. You'll have

*Low light illumination (night vision)

*In-field Intel

*Suppressed Covert weapons

*Lack of shields

*most likely lack of jump height

*Inability to fall and not take damage

As for the sights, as was said previous, the weapons scopes link up elecronically to sensors in the Marines' gloves. This displays the ammo count- weapon identification (what gun you have) and the scopes directly onto the Marine, ODST and Spartan's visor. It's like the computer screen sunglasses.

This topic is getting very old. Please, people, stop beating a dead horse.

However, ironically, I'm going to say that Halo 3 ODST is flatout not worth it for anyone who's atleast bought the Legendary map pack. Let's recount the included stuff:

Halo 3: ODST (5-7 hour expansion)

Firefight (Repetitive Horde-like game)

Halo 3: Mythic (Halo 3 multiplayer, o lawd so worth it)

Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta (????)

All at a whopping $60. (Or whatever the price is to add in yet another freaking controller).

But I honestly don't care. Buy it, or don't buy it, but stop treating a game like politics

Yeah, what IGGY said, buy the game or not, but don't start a thread that could start a flame war. People will have ther opinions, just keep it to yourself.

What IGGY and UD13 said, please don't start a thread if you believe it is gonna start a Flame War.

Mods, Can we close this thread?

So let me get this right. This topic is the largest flamebait the 405th have had in quite some time, correct. Alright move along.

In my opinion, the campaign is the best part of the entire series. If you actually play threw each game in order and understand the campaign, you can see that it kicks any other FPS's storyline in the ass. But that is just my opinion.

- Adulese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back