Does Anyone Share This Opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am haji said:
halo 2 took a lot of ideas from Aliens 1996

especially the pelican

I think you meant 1986.

But yeah, like I said, a lot designs from Aliens were implemented in the world of Halo. From marine armor to ship designs, it's definitely there.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am haji said:
halo 2 took a lot of ideas from Aliens 1996

especially the pelican

You're trying too hard, kid.

Halo doesn't try to fool anyone. It admits openly that it is a jumble of sci-fi cliche's smashed together into one universe. And you know what?

I f***ING LOVE IT.

I LOVE aliens, Starship Troopers, and Sci fi in general. That's why I love Halo. It is Sci-Fi in it's PUREST form.

Did you ever stop and think for ONE second, that maybe Bungie has a game that's similar to all these different movies, because they LOVE these things? why not put your passion into your work? If you Hate Halo, then get the f*** off of this section. All you've posted here have been complaints. WE GET IT. You don't like the game that you signed up for the fansite to.

I was watching Starship Troopers the other day and was laughing at how they looks so much like UNSC Marines. I'm glad Bungie used cool movies as influences. Alien and Starship Troopers are amazing movies!

Xalener: Although that post was a bit to angry, I agree with the general point you made. Welcome to the 405th, in general we all LIKE Halo. Whether you like it or not, it is one of the most popular and important shooters of our time. It helped Xbox, it ushered in the golden age on the console shooter, and gave console multiplayer a huge boost. Obviously a lot of people like the game, or else no matter how much propaganda was put out, by this point people would not be buying the games.

Honestly I think that Halo is better because, as xalener said "It is Sci-Fi in it's PUREST form." Halo is many things, it's a Sci-Fi FPS with Drama, action, Memorable Characters, and an Actual Good Story.

redsblue said:
where the hell is the reach betta! mail me

*facepalm*

Details on acquiring beta have been shoved down our throats since June 1st. Not only did you ask the most ridiculous possible question out of the blue, but you posted it in a completely unrelated (troll) topic? hmmm....

I'm guessing you're from Bungie.net?

I also think that one of the biggest reasons Halo 2 did so well in the long run was because of how many glitches were in the game, and the beginning of the explosion of machinima. I loved halo 2, but i would never had played it as much if it wasnt for the glitches.

CHYEAAA.Halo is awesome,its a legendary series that will stay in our hearts forever,it has the moments where that crucial epic chase,the crucial epic wins and the crucial epic missions.Halo is one of the best,and will forever be.

halo has its flaws (ODST has quite a few ridiculous events- punching a wraith to death with your BARE FISTS??) but in the end it still is fun. Now if Bungiesoft would stop the over the top hype campaign...

I mean, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the ODST short was AWESOME!! and the second was REALLY??

use that promotional money to fix the issues. such as no matchmaking for firefight...

I've only played the demo on pc, since I sold my 360 to buy a PS3. I've always heard its an overrated series, but I liked the armor and it was easy to build. I'm personally not a fan of the game to be honest. It was being talked about the other day in another forum I regular "Halo 3 on live is a breeding ground for screaming 12 year olds". I reckon its like CS:Source in that mentality which is another I stayed away from.

"Halo 3 on live is a breeding ground for screaming 12 year olds"

That is what's great about matchmaking and the MUTE feature so I can mute all the dbags who are apparently allergic to any word other than the N word. And that's another reason why I like ODST, Firefight. Horde in GoW2 is fun, but predictable (and in the next round the flamethrowers will come in so I should grab the torque bow). Firefight isn't as predictable.

It was also amusing to watch ppl naysaying ODST even before it was released. I'm happy I pre-ordered. I enjoy the Halo series.

i am haji, I pretty much agree with you on the H3 campaign, I really only play it for some easy achievements, or if I havne't played for a while and I want to warm up for matchmaking. As for the gameplay style, it's just stiff enough. I like COD4, but the multiplayer is too loose for me...though gun to my head I think Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is better than the both of them. I would've like to see the cover mechanic, and the leveling up system (IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I ACCOMPLISHED STUFF...WEEEEEEEEE) from Vegas 2 implemented into ODST.

I am pretty sure all online shooters have their share of screaming twelve year olds, it isn't Halos fault. Ok, you do not like the game, but you do like the armor. I won't lie, that is a little bit weird, build armor for a game you not just do not play, but one that you do not even like. Somebody forgot to boost the day they decided to do something like that. BOOST!

i agree with most things on this thread, but this is probably the wrong site to be arguing that halo is bad..its a halo/sci fi armor building site. I enjoyed halo 1, and the amount of hours i spent on xbl on halo 2 is probably stupendous. i was existed for 3 absolutely static. It was fun though i was happy with the campaign even though iv seen better at the time. But it got old pretty fast. ill always be a halo fan but not as much as i use to because there have been better games made. I was also happy when i got ODST, i felt a little ripped off buying the 90$ bundle even though it does come with a controller. ODST was cool i like the different angle on the story it was awesome to see it from the ODST pov, but it was still the same fell as all the other halo games, so it still got old quickly (for me). Firefight was cool i hated how it had no matchmaking because i can pretty much play it with nobody. i only know 1 other kid on my friends list who has it. And when people say "there's matchmaking on the multilayer disk" that's not the point i wanted to play FIREFIGHT with people not the halo 3 multilayer. This is strictly my opinion though i think that bungie has to change there game play formula. its been the same in 4 games. its starting to get old. The thing is though, they wont. they have a formula that works, its sells...bungie makes phat loot every time they release a game.

Hopefully they will because there are right now many games that are out selling halo. and bungie needs to adapt, they need to put there creativity that we all know and love into something new and fresh. the same game-play differnt story witch i have a fear that reach will be.

I don't hate halo, it just needs to catch up with the times.

btw MW2 is gonna be sick.

REPLY TO PEOPLE

box o crayons: mw2 has a horde mode: there isn't its called spec-ops you and a group of 4 friends complete objectives on campaign lvls. its not about onslaughts of enemy's after enemy's you go through the whole single player without the story just different objectives.

CommanderFluffy: "iron sights" you say there's no need for them in the technological advanced future of halo, but there on 5 out of 10 human weapons in the game.

I just re-read my post and edited some text errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back