Does Anyone Share This Opinion?

xalener

Well-Known Member
Geeky Chick said:
I just played Halo 3 for the first time, and it is officially my favorite game ever! Not only was it my first time with playing any Halo game, I've never touched an XBox 360 before, nor have I played an FPS game. Last Saturday was a day of firsts. I loved the game so much, I'm going to buy a used XBox and Halo 1 & 2 (and some other games, but who cares?) from one of my friends as soon as possible. XD



The Flood are sooooo creepy!!!!




The flood are NOTHING. They might as well be fat guys wearing chessey holloween masks compared to the stuff that's out there.



I've got to say the same about Dead Space, too.



Cryostasis.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GeekyChick

New Member
I dislike hive minds and parasites, or any combination of the two. I do very much enjoy annihilating them, though. Especially using grav hammers.



I haven't played Dead Space or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, but now I want to, just to see how creepy they are. XD Call it morbid curiosity.
 

Vampyredh

Member
I havent played any of the halo games after the first not for want but because I don't like console gaming if they made it for pc I would play it halo two I just got for my 360 but can't play on live cause I only have dial up well for two more weeks anyway the its on I will play all day and night until I beat it.
 
ay ay ay don't be dissin Dead space man, that game was the shizz.

as for my opinion on the halo series? weeeelll. personally, i liked them all for one reason or another. for better story here or better graphics an gameplay there. i mean just like i love all the games i own for their own reasons that's how i feel about the halo series. an i've pre-ordered ODST cause it's another game to experience whether it's like the rest of the halo series or not it will still have it's own signature flare that I will find, love an enjoy.



even old crappy games that didn't make much of an impact like Bionic Commando has things that I enjoy about it. like how you can swing around the cities like you were fricken spider man or something. or ninety-nine nights how though it's like a rip-off of samurai warriors has waaaay faster an cooler attack combos an you can rip through enemies like butter easier than in samurai warriors.



overall, i'm just a game lover. I give every book I read a chance, as every movie, an the same with every game. maybe not with genre's i'm not interested in, like the sports football an stuff. but anything FPS, or RPG or sometimes strategy i will give a chance. ^__^
 

CommanderFluffy

Well-Known Member
stalker was a good game till i couldnt play it anymore cause my computer crapped out. scary... yea play that. although i would still like to visit chenoble cause cod4 didnt alow you to explore the desolate city of pilkt across the lake from chenoble enough.
 

xalener

Well-Known Member
Ey. I wasn't dissing Dead space,, I'm just saying that my dreams are ten times scarrier. You guys better be happy I'm not a concept artist. Yet.
 
*shivers nervously* j/k

i've had some pretty messed up nightmares, enough to make me cringe an it's hard making myself cringe from my own thoughts XD
 

haji

Member
haha, topic change? I make my friend play dead space, but fear 2 is awsome. Scariest of all time: Doom 3- was the first game that ever made me scream





Okay, i saw a little gameplay up close



-Speed and jumping height is about the same...

- You run faster than a spartan with a dismounted weopon... please provide reason

-i couldnt seem to find the health bar

-I can still jump off a good distance and still not have to seek a health kiosk.

-Super pistol (with imaginary 2x scope, supressor and armor peircing rounds?!?!??!?!) = bad excuse for br55 replacement

-Great, now i have to take cover for the first time so new!... wow its not like i didnt take cover while playing halo 3 on legendary



To the guy that brought the gun's pointing device linked up to helmet visor working the same way as ghost recon

- Well in Graw, you could still hold down the left trigger to zoom in

- On the PC version, you had crosshairs and the option of using the iron sight



Personally, i think the ODST is still overpowered.





The campaing has a unique idea, i will give it that. And i guess including all the maps for h3 sorta makes up for it not having a multiplayer
 
i am haji said:
haha, topic change? I make my friend play dead space, but fear 2 is awsome. Scariest of all time: Doom 3- was the first game that ever made me scream





Okay, i saw a little gameplay up close



-Speed and jumping height is about the same...

- You run faster than a spartan with a dismounted weopon... please provide reason

-i couldnt seem to find the health bar

-I can still jump off a good distance and still not have to seek a health kiosk.

-Super pistol (with imaginary 2x scope, supressor and armor peircing rounds?!?!??!?!) = bad excuse for br55 replacement

-Great, now i have to take cover for the first time so new!... wow its not like i didnt take cover while playing halo 3 on legendary



To the guy that brought the gun's pointing device linked up to helmet visor working the same way as ghost recon

- Well in Graw, you could still hold down the left trigger to zoom in

- On the PC version, you had crosshairs and the option of using the iron sight



Personally, i think the ODST is still overpowered.





The campaing has a unique idea, i will give it that. And i guess including all the maps for h3 sorta makes up for it not having a multiplayer


i loved FF2 as well. i saw it last night while i was hangin out with some of the 405th at GS for the release. first time i've seen it for sale in a store. an it was running for $40 still ^__^ means they still think it's awesome, lol j/k. but no seriously i was almost tempted to get it. i think i'll head over there next paycheck an swipe it.



back on to ODST, i think there were some things that were better an some things that weren't. like the fact that i had to find health kiosks to begin with. i was NOT used to that. so i died a few times before i reminded myself, "hey... idiot, you're health isn't going to auto replenish itself like chief's armor" XD but eventually got used to it an watching the bar just in case... which the health bar is in the same place it's at in the other games, at the top of the screen, next to the compass map thingy. which i thought was an awesome feature. what else i didn't like... was how short the game was! i mean maybe i've just been playing games long enough an have gone through some abnormally long games but halo 3 on normal was still relatively difficult an took time to get through an had alot more to offer for gameplay time, but when i played odst on normal, is was pretty easy overall (minus getting used to the whole... need healthy pack thingy, haha) an i'm not too super impressed with firefight, i mean it's a cool system but it doesn't really interest me like nazi zombies interested me for COD4:WAW, or the hordes in GOW, or the terrorist hunts in R6V2.



but then again i haven't played much of it, let alone with a friend. i'm sure it's alot more fun with buddies. so i only have a one sided opinion of part of the system. ^___^
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Slam Bus Rodan

Jr Member
Geeky Chick said:
I dislike hive minds and parasites, or any combination of the two.


Blasphemy!



IMHO, some of the best creatures ever created were hive minded and parasites. A lot of the designs in the Halo universe come from the best example.











 
Last edited by a moderator:

xalener

Well-Known Member
Yeah. The aliens AND THE THING are f***in awesome.



For fans of a rated M game you guys do seem REALLY soft.



Also. If you can't find the Health bar in ODST...



Jesus.



Also. GRAW takes all it's ques from REAL LIFE TECHNOLOGY. How can Halo rip off from something that EXISTS? Helmet uplinks will DEFINITELY be a reality 500 years in the future. Why do people always forget how far into the future this game is set when they talk about the "reality" factor?
 

Flyerfye

Well-Known Member
xalener said:
GRAW takes all it's ques from REAL LIFE TECHNOLOGY. How can Halo rip off from something that EXISTS? Helmet uplinks will DEFINITELY be a reality 500 years in the future. Why do people always forget how far into the future this game is set when they talk about the "reality" factor?


Pretty much. If you can accept that Cortana is a hologram, I sure HOPE you can accept the idea of a scope that isn't a big tube you look through. Tiny camera + magnification lens + wireless transmitter = scope. It exists already, I know someone who built one for about $100, and hooked it up to a small LCD screen he pulled off a camcorder.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xalener

Well-Known Member
yeah. Not only is cortana a Hologram, but she has the will of a human, the intelligence of 12 modern supercomputers, and the life expectancy of a guinea pig.



Of all unrealistic things to complain about, you ignore that and attack someting that already exists? lol.



I'd be omplaining about the tech that sucks in Halo. Like the overly staticky radios.
 

ImaGonnaGetYou

Well-Known Member
xalener said:
I'd be omplaining about the tech that sucks in Halo. Like the overly staticky radios.
Or the ye olde gasoline powered vehicles. You would've thought they'd come up with something besides gas to power stuff 500 years into the future.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shade88

Well-Known Member
So... I think HALO has to be one of the best FPS game made so far, not saying that there are not any other Awesome games out there that is awesome, it's just, for HALO there is something different, it offers Story, Sci-fi, Drama, Action, (Some) Comedy, and it contains some really memorable characters.



Sure there are a few Nit-Picks, but EVERY game has them. Plus I bet the X-Box wouldn't be as awesome if it weren't for a game called HALO: Combat Evolved Plus on a more personal not, if it weren't for HALO, I would not be doing the whole Prop buisness here.
 
xalener said:
Also. GRAW takes all it's ques from REAL LIFE TECHNOLOGY. How can Halo rip off from something that EXISTS? Helmet uplinks will DEFINITELY be a reality 500 years in the future. Why do people always forget how far into the future this game is set when they talk about the "reality" factor?


500 years in the future? they already have things like that available in the army, it's just very limited an not as compact ^__^ i'm sure it'll just be alot more advanced like it is in the game in that long a time... hell i think military armor will have already progressed before 500 years personally ^^
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top