[Done] Gixxer's Mc Mkvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer

Jr Member
Latest Update At 18 APRIL 2010

I never played HALO before and didnt even bother about it until a fren of mine showed 405th. This would be my first suit. Even its only a LQ, its a good way to gain experience for next year HD suit .. :lol

Anyway, Im planning to finished it by 15th December since theres a ACG event at 19th and 20th December 2009. I want to be the first HALO MC character in Malaysia ACG ever (cosplay is rather new in malaysia and there's no any HALO cosplay yet).. :p

th_DSCF1090.jpg th_DSCF1097.jpg th_DSCF1104.jpg th_DSCF1106.jpg th_DSCF1109.jpg th_DSCF1119.jpg

4th January 2010 Update :

My low quality MC can be said as a success even with some people called me transformers, power rangers, gundam, samurai and robot. LOL. Currently replacing some pieces to HD pieces. My next target is GACC 2010 end of March together with my nephews (H1 Marine and H2 ODST). I hope we will be a hit then .. ( :) )

My current want-to-build-list

Helm : MKVI LD and Scout

Chest : MKVI LD

Shoulder : MKVI LD with Scout attachment

Forearm : MKVI HD

COD : MKVI HD

Thigh : MKVI HD

Shin : MKVI HD

Boot : MKVI HD

i know its still at pepakura stage. a little busy with work and between others activities .. here's yesterday pictures . gonna finished up the rest of it today and start to put resin on it tomorrow ..

[attachment=13195:DSCF1208.jpg]

[attachment=13196:DSCF1209.jpg]

[attachment=13315:DSCF1253.jpg]

[attachment=13316:DSCF1256.jpg]

Applied resin to the pieces .. fiberglassing tomorrow

DylanMarx said:
Looking good.

thanks

Shaymin Sky said:
nice start. Good luck for the deadline.

well i hope i can make it ..

darth wombo said:
looks really good so far.

thanks

TheBradinatorrr said:
Your a Pep MASTER! good Job

ahaha .. im sure i wont still finished it with the help of my nephews ..

BTW, is it okay if i just use rondo on the insides instead of fibreglassing ? we dont have those woven fibreglass cloth here . its the loose type. it can get very messy. Rondo will be messier but at least my neighbours would be happier since theres no small fibreglass mat/dusk flying here and there ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Rondo is no problem. Lots of people use it. As for what mix ratio, many say to do a 1:1 mix and some lean more towards a 25%/75% mix or something of the sort. But rondo (or mudglassing) shouldn't be an issue. Although, I've mostly seen it being used (on the interior) in conjunction with fiberglass cloth or matting. If thick enough, I see no reason that it a straight rondo slush coat wouldn't hold up well enough to wear. But I've never tried that before.

Unless you plan on using it as a core for molding. At which point, go for broke on the fiberglass cloth'less rondo as it won't be worn.

Pretty nice dude, especially for a first time. I just got to the interior of my first suit so I dunno about Rondo. I will be trying, regular fiberglassing, rondo, and smooth cast just to see which one I like best.

looking great/ im uewsing your building suits for friends in the commmunity to wear. but your comming along very well. hope to see more.

Tafumi said:
Rondo is no problem. Lots of people use it. As for what mix ratio, many say to do a 1:1 mix and some lean more towards a 25%/75% mix or something of the sort. But rondo (or mudglassing) shouldn't be an issue. Although, I've mostly seen it being used (on the interior) in conjunction with fiberglass cloth or matting. If thick enough, I see no reason that it a straight rondo slush coat wouldn't hold up well enough to wear. But I've never tried that before.

Unless you plan on using it as a core for molding. At which point, go for broke on the fiberglass cloth'less rondo as it won't be worn.

im running out of fiberglass mat ..will upload pictures later. helmet interior is done .. armor and others 50% .. decided gonna just rondo (a few layers) everything tomorrow ..

Last edited by a moderator:
All your pep stuff is looking pretty good.

And in my honest opinion, I would recommend the HD MKVI torso. There is a lot more detail to it, but this way, you will need the dremel less since the detail is already there! :D

But keep it up! What you got so far is lookin' nice. :)

im out of resin also and i didnt have the chance to go to the hardware store because i was out to a car club dyno session. heres yesterday pieces i fg'ed .. already cured .. gonna trim it next week ..

[attachment=13396:DSCF1357.jpg]

[attachment=13397:DSCF1359.jpg]

[attachment=13398:DSCF1362.jpg]

8th Nov 09 : Just having fun after a ride. ahaha

[attachment=13407:DSCF1394.jpg]

three question ...

1. if i dont want to RONDO the insides, can u put those cheap thin car sound proofing mat on the insides instead ? wouldnt that be more comfortable ?

2. how do you guys sit down with the armor on ? wont you be sitting on the butt plate ? do i need to add more layers to that particular piece ?

3. boot. your shoe goes in it right. but what about the bottom part of the boot ?

Anything you put in there to help secure it to your head and pad the pressure points is a vast improvement. So yes, sound proofing mat should work just fine. Why not both? Rondo it and then put the matting in?

I'm not sure if structural stability helps after the detailing process (as in - maybe you can live without it) but it really helps when shaping and detailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back