Dragon Con 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calladar

Has anyone seen anything for Dragon Con this year (2013)? Usually by now there is a thread for the Parade and who all is going, and I know there have been forum issues. I know Goosebot has set it up in the past, and time is running out.

I've been wondering this as well. Usually something is organized by now. I would attempt to, but I have no guarantee I'll be going this year.

I was wondering about this as well. I was interested in being in the parade as Cortana, but I haven't seen anything on the forum about people going..

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadline for Parade sign up is August 1st. We only need one person to sign up the Parade for the Group and be the Point Of Contact. If you get multiple people emailing them saying you are registering the "405th" or even just "Halo people" for the parade, it gets confusing and after ten years of helping organize events for my local 501st Garrison, I know the easier you can make it for an event/Parade organizer by providing one dedicated Point of Contact, the easier it is for everybody.

Gokussj5okazu, do you think you can get in touch with an Admin and see if A. They are going to D*C and if they are going to register for the Parade or B. are not going and can appoint someone to register and be the POC for the parade?

My wife and I usually march with the Browncoats - but we will have 2 ODST armor sets for con this year - so I might be interested in marching with the 405th.

Def would be interested in a photoshoot though - I would like to know when that would be :)

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

In the past, the parade attendance has been capped. If we want to do this, we need to do it soon, both for the deadline and the Cap. I'd volunteer to do it, but I don't want to do anything without approval from the Admin staff.

In the mean time, should we get together a count of potential attendees so once we get approval we can register quickly?

Looks like we have:
-Cadet: (2) Season 2 Caboose and Donut
-Calladar (?)
-Gokussj5okazu (?)
-Crimsonandroses: Cortana
-JayandHek: (2) ODSTs
-Stony Props: (8)
-JUSTINIAN 117: (1)
Total: Approximately 20

I can also think of maybe four other friends who will have ODST armor by D*C who would probably march with us.

I'll be there also along with a few guys from Stony Props. I believe there are at least 7 people showing besides me, I will try to get them to chime in

I should be able to make it. I'm hoping to finish my mk VI in time. If I don't I'll have the mk V.

I know most of us from stony props will be there.. I will have my whole family as usual.. And it appears there is enough interest in this.. If you all would like me to contact dragon con and get the 405th registered I will just need a rough guess as to how many to tell them.. I know several that will be there that have not chimed in yet. But if someone can check with admin before I step on any toes..

Should we merge this thread with the other thread dealing with the parade?

Now that the parade question has been figured out - what about arranging a photoshoot of the group?

I'm sure it will a happen anyways - it always seems to - lol

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

I just watched the parade video on youtube and the 405th facebook page, kinda makes me want to do something like this for the Calgary Comic Con or Calgary Stamped parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back