Dragoncon Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
tlither said:
Portal - if I can make the next D Con, you have a place but only if you bring a croc! Just like alligator and taste like chicken! I'll do everything I can to be there in 09. Tired of missing the fun.
damn it... there such a pain to get through US customs... they don't understand that biting off limbs is just there way of saying hello... :D (Your all gonna have to put up with "gidday" and "mate" in my sexy Aussie accent :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tell em there was no one at home to take care of it! I can deal with your "Aussie" accent. I've spent time with your guys in uniform and none of you are crazier than they are. They must get fed something special to make them the way they are. I'm pretty sure I can handle you and the accent.

Loess said:
Sooooooo Jealous..... Need to finish armor, and save up vacation time.
you and mee both brother i have two weeks in oct. i plan on using to fully complete my armor and start going around my favorite haunts and recuit for the 405th the thing is i have to use those two weeks b4 jan 1st:(

p0rtalman said:
urhhh... Now I’m going to be trying to plan a trip to America next year.... I don’t think I can wait till 2010... ill have to try to make it 09! (Anyone mind your Aussie Spartan brother having a couch or a floor to sleep on in a host hotel :p Promise ill leave the drop bears and crocs at home :D )

Ill catch you up from Finland! =D

p0rtalman said:
damn it... there such a pain to get through US customs... they don't understand that biting off limbs is just there way of saying hello... (Your all gonna have to put up with "gidday" and "mate" in my sexy Aussie accent )

Fortunately i dont need customs or visums.. Finland is the only country in the world, who doesnt need customs (due to our neutrality). I can literally take off in the 1st plane going there =D and no one will even ask me a question :)

Also, if i do happen to have any problems, i happen to be a diplomat xD Diplomatic immunity FTW!!

But seriously, travelling to israel is the worst, they dont care if your a diplomat, they run an hour long security check on you and your luggage. (in afraid of terrorism)
The bonus is, their aircraft actually have "Anti-missille" protection, for heatseaking missilest etc.
The israeli civil aircraft has tried to be shot down a few times, up to this date, none has been hit.

-FSS

tlither said:
Just tell em there was no one at home to take care of it! I can deal with your "Aussie" accent. I've spent time with your guys in uniform and none of you are crazier than they are. They must get fed something special to make them the way they are. I'm pretty sure I can handle you and the accent.
I wouldn't want to leave him home alone anyway... heed eat all the furniture. :lol:
I don't think i have that bad of an accent, but i haven't been overseas for a while, so it would be interesting to see what people say! its in the vegemite... it has to be :D

Finnish_Spartan said:
Ill catch you up from Finland! =D
Fortunately i dont need customs or visums.. Finland is the only country in the world, who doesnt need customs (due to our neutrality). I can literally take off in the 1st plane going there =D and no one will even ask me a question :)

Also, if i do happen to have any problems, i happen to be a diplomat xD Diplomatic immunity FTW!!

But seriously, travelling to israel is the worst, they dont care if your a diplomat, they run an hour long security check on you and your luggage. (in afraid of terrorism)
The bonus is, their aircraft actually have "Anti-missille" protection, for heatseaking missilest etc.
The israeli civil aircraft has tried to be shot down a few times, up to this date, none has been hit.

-FSS
interesting i would have though all countries would have customs (but you would have to submit to customs in the country your traveling too)
Lets not get to off topic though... :)

Perhaps a discussion thread separate from the photo thread for D*con would be a good idea?

Vegemite...last time I had that I couldn't taste anything,but all my friends made faces so I'm afraid to try it now.I can deal with accents, I'm used to them by now. I used to volunteer at a summer camp and we'd have different counselors every year from different countries. A lot of them time we ended up helping them with their english. But this is off topic.

I agree with p0rtalman perhaps discussion needs its own thread.

I would post more,but I must get ready for school.

bleedoff said:
thx DoC .

it was my first d*con and I must say that i had a blast whit all of you(adam,link,Doc,robwesterfield,sean,magnum,vex,skg and the others ). the parade was awsome, sean your arbiter is a piece of art, vex and erica you are ``deux jolie ravissante et merveilleuse fille`` :oops: . am sorry if you sometime d'ont understand what i was saying because of my strong accent . i will come back next year , maybe this time whit full markVI .

on this i go to bed , 26 hour in a car is painful next year i take the plane .

And I'm not joli and ravissant? ^^

volkov said:
sort of along the same line... next year if you get tackled by an intoxicated red 6'4 (without armor, few more inches with) spartan... uhh don't point the blame at me....

Seriously, I'm in clemson SC, atlanta is so darn close, I'm really sorry I missed this! Too many things to do and wayyyy to little time.. Hopefully there will be another con nearby this year (I'm not all too familiar with where cons happen and all). Unfortunately as cool as the seatle cons are.. I really don't feel like traveling across the country with a suit of armor.

edit: seriously messed up first post

oh and vex, nice costume, but did you show up as a spartan at all? your armors cool

Sorry I'm a little late with the reply XD Been sick with the con crud lol.

My spartan armor had a few pieces fudged up so I left it at home this year. Twas sad, but I have been wanting to rebuild and refine anyways ;)

In Adam's pix I am the chick with the blue skirt and black boots. My feetsies had gotten tired from my costume by that point, but I was in my Phoenix get up for most of the con.

Here's some pics o dat (getting this thread on track again too):

(and why look there's Walter :) )

phoenix1.jpg

phoenix5.jpg

And Adam, I am stealing Aundie away from you!!! She's such a sweetheart!!!

Awesome pictures guys and gals, thanks for sharing! Cool to see so many in one place, everyone looked great.
Sean, your elite is especially impressive, nice job.
Hats off to everyone who made it there!

One thing the pics are missing: ODSTs!
Maybe next year...

Ruze789 said:
[...]
One thing the pics are missing: ODSTs!
Maybe next year...

Definetely next year. I got bogged down with school and stuff so I haven't had time to work on mine but I'll have it before D*C next year!

And if I haven't said this a thousand times already...everyones costumes were awesome!

Great pics Desolate! Shoot them CT is the face! ;) The LEGO PIc is SO cute and funny kekekek!

@Doc: OH snap hahahaha! Man when that guy yelled that I had to bite my tongue from laughing hahahah!

This is what happens after you hug the MC!
2830806383_7def570d53.jpg

Sorry got in a posting frenzy. :eek:

d3s0late, the Lego head pic is amazing. I'm jealous, seriously. Man, now I want to go play Dead Rising. :D

Cheers,
Kensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back