Dragonknight's Mk Vi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and girls I've started to fiberglass my helmet, I've resined the shoulder I have done and I've started to pep the torso. I'll have torso pics saturday night or sunday. I would have finished the fiberglassing of the helmet but I ran out of hardner. :cry:

halocostume001.jpg

halocostume002.jpg

halocostume003.jpg

halocostume004.jpg

Oh I almost forgot. How do you get out bubbles in fiberglass?

Got a video update for everyone today. YAY! lol. Sorry for the quality was a bit nervous.

Can you guys see the vid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Dragonknight! From the looks of things nothing a little bondo,sandpaper, and elbow grease cant fix. Love the work area with the "Halo" Fish. Also "Progress is Progress" is going into my book of inspirational quotas. :)

dude, looking awfully good for not being perfect (to quote your video haha). keep up the great work man, for a first attempt i would have to say that that is DAMN good so far.

oh, also, how was working with 65lb card stock, a friend of mine could only find that kind of card stock, and i might be forced to make due with that... after two coats of resin, i would imagine that it wouldn't matter how thin it was, but just figured i would ask about it.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
dude, looking awfully good for not being perfect (to quote your video haha). keep up the great work man, for a first attempt i would have to say that that is DAMN good so far.

oh, also, how was working with 65lb card stock, a friend of mine could only find that kind of card stock, and i might be forced to make due with that... after two coats of resin, i would imagine that it wouldn't matter how thin it was, but just figured i would ask about it.

It worked decent but the kind I had was textured so glueing was a pain.

Hi guys and girls I got a decent sized update for you tonight.

I finished pepping the torso and I will start the resining soon.
halocostume002-1.jpg

halocostume005.jpg

I primed the helmet so I know what I need to sand.
halocostume006-1.jpg

I can't remember whether I showed where I cut out for the vents in my video but here is a picture of the holes and where I started sanding.
halocostume007-2.jpg

Dragonknight said:
Hi guys and girls I got a decent sized update for you tonight.

I finished pepping the torso and I will start the resining soon.
halocostume002-1.jpg

halocostume005.jpg

I primed the helmet so I know what I need to sand.
halocostume006-1.jpg

I can't remember whether I showed where I cut out for the vents in my video but here is a picture of the holes and where I started sanding.
halocostume007-2.jpg
thats great ;)

Hi everyone. I started to fiberglass my torso and I've begun bondoing the helmet. I'll have pics in the morning once the torso cures. Hopefully tommorrow night I'll have the torso completely fiberglassed.

You seem like you are going great just keep it up and have patience ok thats all you need
keep us posted on the progress

:not worthy: Your getting farther on your armour than I've gotten my entire time on here. :mad: DARN YOU!!! jk,lol. :p

Shade said:
:not worthy: Your getting farther on your armour than I've gotten my entire time on here. :mad: DARN YOU!!! jk,lol. :p

Yeah. I'm moving fast but must...go...faster. lol I got a very tight deadline for this. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

EDIT: I found a Halo 3 model program so I figured I'd show everyone what I hope to have my finished armor look like.

PlayerModel.jpg

Hi guys I started to use a little trick for fiberglassing my armor. I saw this somewhere on the forums that if you use spray adhesive to attach the fiberglass mat/cloth and then resin it will cut down on the bubbles. It does work and it saves on the hands turned into mittens problem that is common with fiberglassing. I like being able to use my fingers while fiberglassing. :lol:

Looking good man, Your first fiberglass job turned out a lot better then mine, So with this spray adhesive I'm guessing you spray it on instead of resin then just cover the fiberglass with resin. May have to try that next time, My first attempt is gonna be a display piece only because I mucked up my fiberglass lol

Hi guys I got good news and bad news this update.

BAD NEWS: After getting halfway done fiberglassing my torso I found out that it was to small for my ribcage. So now I have to start the torso all over again. :mad:

GOOD NEWS: I picked up an electric sander this week and am progressing rapidly on the saning of my helmet and I'm also getting the visors for it this weekend from a local motorcycle shop. ^^

Well anyway I'll try to get new pics up sometime this weekend. Cya later everyone.

Dragonknight

Go dragonknight!

That's a great work in progress you got going on.

I got a halo betta watching me do all my pepping. (His name is Larry)

I'm also starting on the FS helm, while I'm doing the rouge too...multi-tasking FTW.

Hi everyone. It's time for update pictures. I've gotten the visors today one gold and one clear to save money and I've cut out the visor pattern in the clear one. I've also started building up the details so they look better. With any luck I'll have the helmet done tommorrow or monday except for the lights and fans that I'm waiting to come in from Gokussj5okazu. Well here are the pics of the cut out visor. Thanks Sean for posting up that double layered visor thread and thanks Sigma for posting that scalable visor template. All of it came in real handy. The other two pics are from where I've started building the details up.

halocostume001-2.jpg

halocostume002-3.jpg

halocostume003-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back