Dremel Bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippster86

Jr Member
Hey I was working on my mark six and was wondering what bits are used to create the "scoring" or detail lines.

Thanks in advance!

try different drill bits, sanding bits, and cutting wheels. At least, that's what my costco-knockoff kit has.

rvb4life said:
Just experiment around, you may find that simple things are the easiest to use and work with.
Agreed!
It can really come down to a comfort thing when it comes to a dremmel bit.
Easiest way to test is to mix up a tiny batch of rondo,mud or whatever it is you will be detailing and just let it settle on something like cardboard.
After you get the feel for what ya like best for that application...
Have at it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use a small modeling file, a half circle one, it works great! My dremel is pretty large, i wouldnt use it for the finer details, hand tools all the way for that :)

Depending on the type of detail you are trying to achieve, I've found that usinf the chainsaw sharperner works extremely well for lines or small circles (like screw holes) the carbide tips work well to dig out areas and still keep fine lines.

p0rtalman said:
I just use a small modeling file, a half circle one, it works great! My dremel is pretty large, i wouldnt use it for the finer details, hand tools all the way for that :)
Ive been finding the same thing. It really hard to get fine straight detail lines and find i always go back to a small wood file or modeling file. Every time i tried using a dremel i would have to go back and fix the slip up with more bondo and re do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back