Drivable Warthog build

Status
Not open for further replies.

efman04

Happy to annouce that the warthog build is not scraped. me and my friend figured out how were gonna go by building it. P.S. if anyone has any unfolded warthog pep files pleas leave a post or P.M. me
1.Build a fullsize warthog pep(for cost estamation and referance)
2.Find car/dune buggy with a sutable frame and engine
3.Prepare frame and engine for costrution(strip every thing)
4.Find individual suspention system for each tire, tires,axles,and front and rear diffs with 4-wheel drive, rear 2-wheel drive, and 4 wheel steering(Crab mode)
5.Build warthog body
6.Build turret
7.Paint the warthog
8.Add seats and lights
9.Fill it up with gas
10. TAKE IT FOR A DRIVE!!!

This will most likely get closed. You need some pics to show you really are underway, or else this is just a thread saying you're doing stuff.

I know were tryin I hope I can get some pictures from the skeches tomarrow
Were not sure , we might build it from the ground up

This sounds cool! Wish I could see some pictures though. :( Get on it!

Also, I do believe there is a thread about the "Official" Logo and it's appropriate use. Just not sure what sub forum of a Sub forum it was in.

So wait, you are going to have a contest in the 405th community to make an EMBLEM to put on the warthog. Maybe to should make a topic for the emblem contest, an people an post their submissions there.

You should post designs, and pics of the car modes you are going to use ASAP, so the moderators don't lock the thread.

Sorry to hear that the project has been scrapped, but I do hope everything is alright (with regard to the unexpected event).

This is why you don't start a build/WIP thread until there is actual progress and proof. (Dead before it started...)

That is totally understandable, but it is something that would take a very long time to complete anyway, especially if you build it from the ground up. Even working a little on it one day a week or so, you will eventually finish it. I would like to see at least one finished Warthog made by a member here. You shouldn't just scrap it. Just work on it when you can. :)

And maybe you could throw up a sketch or two of what you plan to do, so we can have an idea.

Jeep Hurricane - I'm sure you can find one out there to buy, although a concept, it would probably cost less to complete. lol

jeep_hurricane_round.jpg

Attachments

• jeep_hurricane_round.jpg
    jeep_hurricane_round.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 84
The jeep hurricane idea just might work thanx for showin me that ill bring it to my friend and get his input

If you guys want my honest opinion, go to a Military auction and get a hummer. My uncle and i have been playing around with the idea of making a Warthog with a Saw machine gun (fully stripped of course) in the back of it. We actually have the blueprints and all, just need to go find another one. We lost the auction by 2k so ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back