Duke's Destiny Ghost *WIP +photos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disowned?! But, but... I like you guys so much. :cry

I finished cutting the last piece of foam for my engineer helmet and it looked an awful lot like a.. well you'll see.

You haven't seen the last of me Kyre ! Mwaahahaha!
Wait, why am I laughing? I haven't even come up with my evil plan yet.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah127/Chris_Pense/20161127_123647_zpswp1xzcl8.jpg

just saying, but your mustache isn't big enough. SHAME!:lol

sheesh! you've got a lot of stuff going on! Haha
more updates, and less mustache pictures! (or maybe one more mustache; but it has to be bigger)

Hi Sanctus , I do still have the file. But, I am not sure how to get it to you. I don't feel comfortable uploading it because I am not the creator of the file. But, I could send it to you in an email if you want to PM me your email address.

Also, for future reference, if you want to make a comment on a thread that has been innactive for 3 or more months you should PM the person instead of necroposting. I still am working on this project, but I have not made any progress in quite a while sadly. Thanks for letting me know about the pep file.

Progress:

20170428_104521_zps5nw2qriq.jpg

This is the third coat of bondo sanded with 120grit. I'll add some spot putty to fix the divots and then sand with 320 grit.

Check back in 3-4 months when I do something again! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Progress:

View attachment 242768

This is the third coat of bondo sanded with 120grit. I'll add some spot putty to fix the divots and then sand with 320 grit.

Check back in 3-4 months when I do something again! Lol
If your having problems with divets forming wean sanding
Try using a block of wood or something hard and wrap sand paper around that helps flaten a area oit as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Nolan North has something else to be sarcastic about...your super slow project making schedule!!

Haha, looks great man! Didja use bondo or rondo on the coating?

If your having problems with divets forming wean sanding
Try using a block of wood or something hard and wrap sand paper around that helps flaten a area oit as well

The divots come from when I apply the bondo. It's pretty normal, that is what the spot putty is made for. The sanding block is a great suggestion though. I used an orbital sander with a firm pad, so it was similar to using a sanding block. The angles on this piece are critical so either is a must.

Looks like Nolan North has something else to be sarcastic about...your super slow project making schedule!!

Haha, looks great man! Didja use bondo or rondo on the coating?
Mine will be voiced by Peter Dinklage. :p Not that I could afford him either. Lol.

Straight bondo.

This is my first time using spot putty.... I love it!!!

20170430_222337_zpsj3jrp8ah.jpg

So easy to apply, then sanded with 320g. Up next I'll split it in two and apply another spot putty coat. After that I'll do the "eye" part and consider doing electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back